VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Good Morning Groupies,

Today is our last full day, it's been such a great week! Last night we made our way around World Showcase, having fun sampling the food (and beverages)! Yesterday we were waiting for our son and his gf to meet us for our Soarin' FP. A manager asked if we were waiting for our FP time or waiting for someone. I explained I had made the mistake earlier in the week when I told my son there was a grace period with FP times. She joked I should have only said it was for prior to the FP time. While we waited both queues had grown considerably....

Anyway, they made it on time, she teased my son and told him to buy us dessert later. She told us to come with her....and then proceeded to take us backstage and walked us outdoors and through the backdoor, and said, " This is is the way Beiber gets in" hahaha! It was so fun and so unexpected! We chatted the entire time, telling about her years with Disney. These are the momentss that truly are magical, what a lovely woman!!

Good Morning Groupies,

Today is our last full day, it's been such a great week! Last night we made our way around World Showcase, having fun sampling the food (and beverages)! Yesterday we were waiting for our son and his gf to meet us for our Soarin' FP. A manager asked if we were waiting for our FP time or waiting for someone. I explained I had made the mistake earlier in the week when I told my son there was a grace period with FP times. She joked I should have only said it was for prior to the FP time. While we waited both queues had grown considerably....

Anyway, they made it on time, she teased my son and told him to buy us dessert later. She told us to come with her....and then proceeded to take us backstage and walked us outdoors and through the backdoor, and said, " This is is the way Beiber gets in" hahaha! It was so fun and so unexpected! We chatted the entire time, telling about her years with Disney. These are the momentss that truly are magical, what a lovely woman!!
All it takes is one of those small moments to make a trip. They don't happen each trip, but when they do occur, you're left with such great memories that you want to go back again sooner.

Corinne...very cool story! Great to see that some of the cast members are still trying hard to spread the pixie dust around. Have a great wrap up day to the trip and a safe journey home. :)

Today's highlights.....meeting Mickey and Tink!!! Haha. Of course I've met Mickey before, but didn't realize he now speaks to you!!! I'll be honest, when he first spoke to the family ahead of us I was a little creeped out. Then when it was our turn he began to talk about the haunted mansion, he had us pose like the hitch hiking ghosts, and even as we were leaving, he said, hurry baaaccck, hurrrryyy back!!! :laughing:

Tink is just plain adorable. Nuff said!!!!!:tink:

Hello to all the members of VWL Lovers. We have been VWL owners since 2001, but this will be our first return visit since our purchase, I know we really have been missing the best resort, but have been trying different one. I am so confused on what area I should try to request our room location. We check in on Sunday Oct 9 and have booked a dedicated 2 BDR. We will have our 2 grandsons ages 4 and 6 with us this trip. Any suggestions?? The first time we stayed our room overlooked the Villas pool which I know would look out over the construction.
We purchased in 01 also. There for awhile we thought VWL was the only DVC resort there was:D But as time went on, we began to branch out, we tried OKW because it was lower pts(actually was a good thing, forced us to buy more VWL its, long story, won't bore you with it). Time has passed, many visits to OKW, SSR, BLT, BWV, once at BCV.
We like the 2 bedrooms near the elevator

Hi groupies!! I did it! I planned a relatively last minute trip in the middle of December!! Not at the lodge of course, but I was able to put something together. Still hoping for one more waitlist to come through, so that I don't have to change rooms 3 times. lol. But it looks like AKL and BCV for us this time. BCV is actually a 1 bedroom this trip (oh darn), but I'm excited because it will be a new DVC for us! Yay! So we'll be in the world Dec 14-19. This will be the shortest trip we've ever taken, but I'm just so excited to be going back during Christmas!

Greg...thanks for the pictures. Very serene and tranquil, which we have always loved about the Lodge. :)

Hi groupies!! I did it! I planned a relatively last minute trip in the middle of December!! Not at the lodge of course, but I was able to put something together. Still hoping for one more waitlist to come through, so that I don't have to change rooms 3 times. lol. But it looks like AKL and BCV for us this time. BCV is actually a 1 bedroom this trip (oh darn), but I'm excited because it will be a new DVC for us! Yay! So we'll be in the world Dec 14-19. This will be the shortest trip we've ever taken, but I'm just so excited to be going back during Christmas!

Congratulations, Kathy! Sounds like a great trip planned, and it's awesome you were able to nab something at this late date. Here's tossing some Moose Dust your way for your waitlist to come through! pixiedust:

Hello to all the groupies.
:welcome: to all the newcomers and anything else I might have missed.

Di, prayers for your mother also.

I know I have been mia for a while. Life has been very hectic around here and it has taken me a while to get caught up with the thread.

Kati had a wonderful birthday and she thanks you all for the birthday wishes. She is one of the reasons I have been absent. She is going to be a bridesmaid for a good friend next month and we went to her bridal shower and housewarming party and were out of town plus all the other crazy stuff that goes on around here.

Muushka, glad to see you around again. I am always either right before you show up or right after!!

I know I am late for the vote, but that puppy looks just like my babies did when they were little, so my vote would have been for it.

Hi guys! We have officially closed on our first resale contract and can now call VWL home! (I don't care if they rename it). My husband called member services for the first time and had to put it on speaker so I could hear them say welcome home. It feels so right! I am so glad we went with our gut and didn't buy at SSR like so many people tried to convince us to do. Can't wait for our first trip as owners!
Congratulations and welcome home!!!

I just saw on another site that Disney is now offering 20% off for DVC members at a lot of TS and some QS restaurants and at all Disney stores and shop Disney ......super excited!!! I may not get TIW card now...

I just saw on another site that Disney is now offering 20% off for DVC members at a lot of TS and some QS restaurants and at all Disney stores and shop Disney ......super excited!!! I may not get TIW card now...

I hadn't seen that. I've been debating whether to buy TIW since its price has gone up so much.

I just went on the Member website and they are still showing most dining discounts at 10%. Are these higher discounts going into effect later?

I hadn't seen that. I've been debating whether to buy TIW since its price has gone up so much.

I just went on the Member website and they are still showing most dining discounts at 10%. Are these higher discounts going into effect later?
As of 1 Oct, the discount on many restaurants and on shopping in most Disney outlets (parks, DS, etc.) increased to 20% in celebration of the 45th anniversary of MK/WDW. However, I've not seen the official announcement that it includes DVC members yet, just the one for AP holders. I'm not saying it's not so, but everything I find--that's an actual Disney source--mentions only AP holders. We will still likely do the TIW card since a few of the restaurants we have planned for this October (well, Luv does) and next May aren't included in the 20% offer.

Moose! Why did it have to be baby moose?
How can a puppy or lamb compete with that?!?!?

GROUPIES TURN ON THE LAMB! (I better stop there or it will be chaos that follows):tiptoe:

Too funny!

Hello to all the groupies.
:welcome: to all the newcomers and anything else I might have missed.

Di, prayers for your mother also.

I know I have been mia for a while. Life has been very hectic around here and it has taken me a while to get caught up with the thread.

Kati had a wonderful birthday and she thanks you all for the birthday wishes. She is one of the reasons I have been absent. She is going to be a bridesmaid for a good friend next month and we went to her bridal shower and housewarming party and were out of town plus all the other crazy stuff that goes on around here.

Muushka, glad to see you around again. I am always either right before you show up or right after!!

I know I am late for the vote, but that puppy looks just like my babies did when they were little, so my vote would have been for it.

Hi 2Kats :wave: I'm just checking in.

As of 1 Oct, the discount on many restaurants and on shopping in most Disney outlets (parks, DS, etc.) increased to 20% in celebration of the 45th anniversary of MK/WDW. However, I've not seen the official announcement that it includes DVC members yet, just the one for AP holders. I'm not saying it's not so, but everything I find--that's an actual Disney source--mentions only AP holders. We will still likely do the TIW card since a few of the restaurants we have planned for this October (well, Luv does) and next May aren't included in the 20% offer.

Very interesting. I hope it is for DVC and thru November! Well, thru December for all who visit then too.

Yes you are right nothing official from Disney but I have now seen multiple sources saying it so hopefully

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter