• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Dad
Can I share my excitement? Carolina Panthers are in the Super Bowl this Sun.!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure the excitement in your house is ALMOST as high as a few days before the next trip to The Lodge!:banana::woohoo: Try to get some rest; you are still four sleeps out . . . . .

My daughter and her husband are moving from NY to Colorado - so last Thursday I drove their car out to Colorado with my son-in-law.
My daughter is expecting their first child and cannot drive that far (1900 miles one way), not if they wanted to get there this century.
So on Sunday I came through both Denver airport and Charlotte airport - it was funny because Denver had GO BRONCOS all over the airport and 3 hours later I'm in the Panthers airport
and of course I am now seeing GO PANTHERS everywhere. It was kind of fun seeing both cities getting ready to go for it.

Sorry Jimmy but I'm hoping Peyton gets his second ring and gets to end his career on a high note. I honestly believe this is it for him - his brother has two rings and Peyton is a better
QB than his brother, but few are better in the clutch than Eli.

Ddad - hope your hand is feeling better. Weird that we both had hand surgery within a day of each other. No trigger finger for me though. Cyst removal. Finally was able to remove the bandages this morning only to see I have sutures. :sad2: Back on goes a big waterproof bandage until the sutures come out next week.

Good luck to your Panthers on Sunday Jimmy. :cheer2:

Ddad - hope your hand is feeling better. Weird that we both had hand surgery within a day of each other. No trigger finger for me though. Cyst removal. Finally was able to remove the bandages this morning only to see I have sutures. :sad2: Back on goes a big waterproof bandage until the sutures come out next week.

Good luck to your Panthers on Sunday Jimmy. :cheer2:

Thanks. I, too, have sutures, but was able to take the bandage off after 24 hours and get it wet. I haven't had to bandage it at all after the first 24hrs; get them out today, too. So sorry to hear that you have to maintain the bandage and avoid getting your hand wet (I assume). One really has to work at keeping ones hands out of the wet stuff as it seems once you have a bandage on your hand everything is wet in nature! Good luck to you and may good healing come your way!

Dad
Can I share my excitement? Carolina Panthers are in the Super Bowl this Sun.!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy...I'm sure you and your friends in NC are very excited about this game. By all accounts, you've got the better team. While I'm still stewing in disgust for all things NFL at this point, I am glad that the two teams in the Super Bowl are such good franchises. For once I don't have to root against a team in the Super Bowl...there are good stories no matter who wins. Good luck and here's a new logo for your team...

01-Bagheera-Carolina-Panthers.jpg

I always did like Bagheera! :)

And one for the other guys too...

110814-FSO-DEN.vnocropresize.940.529.medium.58.jpg

Thank you. Of course we will be there the weekend of the 22nd so I will have to be patient!!

Looks like they've filled in the rest of the dates:

• March 4-6 - The Orchestra starring former members of ELO "Evil Woman"
  • March 11-13 - Starship starring Mickey Thomas "We Built This City"
  • March 18-20 - Little River Band "Reminiscing"
  • March 25-27 - Village People "Y.M.C.A."
  • April 1-3 - Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone "I'm Henry the VIII, I Am"
  • April 8-10 - The Guess Who "American Woman"
  • April 15-17 - Blood, Sweat & Tears featuring Bo Bice "Spinning Wheel"
  • April 22-24 - BRIAN HOWE, former lead singer of Bad Company "Can't Get Enough"
  • April 29-May 1 - Georgia Satellites "Keep Your Hands to Yourself"
  • May 6-8 - Gin Blossoms "Hey Jealousy"
  • May 13-15 - Darlene Love "Wait 'Til My Bobby Gets Home"
  • May 20-22 - Night Ranger "Sister Christian"
  • May 27-30 (Monday) - The Spinners "Working My Way Back to You"

My daughter and her husband are moving from NY to Colorado - so last Thursday I drove their car out to Colorado with my son-in-law.
My daughter is expecting their first child and cannot drive that far (1900 miles one way), not if they wanted to get there this century.
So on Sunday I came through both Denver airport and Charlotte airport - it was funny because Denver had GO BRONCOS all over the airport and 3 hours later I'm in the Panthers airport
and of course I am now seeing GO PANTHERS everywhere. It was kind of fun seeing both cities getting ready to go for it.

Sorry Jimmy but I'm hoping Peyton gets his second ring and gets to end his career on a high note. I honestly believe this is it for him - his brother has two rings and Peyton is a better
QB than his brother, but few are better in the clutch than Eli.

THIS. Go Peyton! :)

Granny
We all love the Panthers Disney reference at our house, cant believe you would treat Pumbaa that way though :tilt:

Dad
You are right about the excitement factor. As much as I am looking forward to seeing the Panthers in the SB, our excitement never, ever wanes away from our Disney trips!

Happy Birthday WildernessDad!!!!
Like KAT says, celebrate the whole week, we do!!

Starting at about 40 I began birthday weeks. Then it moved to birthday months. With a biggie arriving in June I'm having a birthday year. I highly recommend it! :rotfl2:

Hope you have a great day! :cake:
We get a whole year? :D In that case, I get to extend my birthday year by 7 weeks because I was not aware of the rules.
Now, where to book in December...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter