VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 14 June 2024

Jimmy!!

bdf4516c9ed98329150cc03ac3df158a.gif

Apparently, there are some ladies queuing up to get their picture taken with you!

040912-Disney-Princess-Wars-New-Mommy-Wars.jpg

Hope they have a Jimmy FastPass! :)

Wishing another Groupie Corgi owner a great day tomorrow!

pluto:Happy Birthday Disney Loving Iowan!!!pluto:

Thanks again folks for all the great Bday wishes
Granny you are a hoot. I was looking closely to see if any of those ladies had their running shoes on(as thats what most ladies do around me)trying to get as far from me as possible :D

Asking this here because there is no other spot with such knowledgeable experts...where do I find the amount that I can deduct from my dues for my taxes??? Can't wait to file my taxes so I can plan my next trip!!

Getting excited about Flower and Garden in EPCOT. This will be my first trip to see it (never seen Food and Wine either) so I have nothing to compare it to. I just read news about some of the new topiaries, displays and booths they'll have set up. Sounds good, but the Ranger Mickey topiary has me concerned. Disney had better know that the Ranger Mickey topiary they're planning had better not be the MIA topiary from VWL with a hat on its head, because if it is I know of a horde of Groupies who will be after them with pruning sheers.

Asking this here because there is no other spot with such knowledgeable experts...where do I find the amount that I can deduct from my dues for my taxes??? Can't wait to file my taxes so I can plan my next trip!!
Oh, it's that fun time of year again :) If you look at your dues statement for the upcoming year (mailed home) it shows the actual taxes paid from your dues to taxes last year. Not really enough to make a dent in the itemized deductions for me, I'm still better off with the standard deductions, but it doesn't stop me from trying it on for size. *sigh*

Last edited:
twinklebug
We love Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. I think over the past couple years they have really done a great job with F&G fest in adding lots more. And they are making a bigger presence with the food booths. If there over a Fri-Sun be sure to check out the music act in America

twinklebug
We love Flower and Garden and Food and Wine. I think over the past couple years they have really done a great job with F&G fest in adding lots more. And they are making a bigger presence with the food booths. If there over a Fri-Sun be sure to check out the music act in America

I do wish they'd do the musical acts the entire week like they used to have them and still do for F&W.

And speaking of Topiaries - are both the Bison and Mickey still MIA? :(

Finally going to see the new Star Wars movie! Sechem32 and Wfc4life are joining us too, so it will be a mini groupie meet per se

Never assume your waitlist won't come thru!

So, this is not the worst thing to have happen but means I have to re-think some decisions I had finally made just last week. :scratchin I have a conference coming up at the Swan/Dolphin starting on the 21s of Feb. WDW is a common location for conferences so one it's of the uses I planned for our DVC. I reserved 2 rooms at BWV - have another employee coming along - and I'll usually stay a couple of days after the conference to just enjoy a bit. I had reserved thru the 27th and had waitlisted a boardwalk view to replace my pool/garden view. It worked out better for the others to leave on the 26th so I had adjusted the reservation and was debating 26th or 27th for me and had finally decided the 26th. Then - I looked at my boardwalk view waitlist which was set up thru the 27th and to go until 7 days out - I figured it had virtually no chance to come thru as it now was past the 30 day mark so I decided to just leave it and see. So, of course, it came thru on Wed! :rotfl2:Now I'm back to my dilemma - leave on the 26th and now have points in holding or stay thru the 27th. Moral of the story - even the most unlikely waitlist can fill. The other part of the story - Kathy is a very last minute planner! :beach:

I will be there for F&G for the first time as well. Do they only have music F-S?? That may change my plans around some. I am so excited and have been trying to find out info, but have not had much luck finding anything for the upcoming events.

I will be there for F&G for the first time as well. Do they only have music F-S?? That may change my plans around some. I am so excited and have been trying to find out info, but have not had much luck finding anything for the upcoming events.

Yes, for F&G the music is only on the weekends. I've been going at that time for years and love it! I think Epcot looks a bit empty of decorations when it's not going on - I particularly like the floating flowers in the water areas. I saw a few of the music acts had been released - did you see that?

Yes, for F&G the music is only on the weekends. I've been going at that time for years and love it! I think Epcot looks a bit empty of decorations when it's not going on - I particularly like the floating flowers in the water areas. I saw a few of the music acts had been released - did you see that?
No I didn't see that yet, did you just search on the Disney site. I am really excited!!

I figured out how to put my countdown on my signature but now it it isn't counting down it has bust stayed on the day that I first entered it on....anyone know what I may have done wrong???

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest