VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Wonderful! My waitlist came through for the evening of May 10. Thus, we have a concierge studio at AKV from May 7 - May 14. In other news, my cousin and her husband had to cancel coming with us to AKV Kidani in December due to medical reasons. We're trying to find another couple.

I hope I don't get a call to move my December VWL reservation. I'll settle for the fast passes. We may opt to use our points at Disneyland Hotel in December, 2016 and avoid VWL, but I think I'd go into withdraw symptoms. I do need to see the Hatbox Ghost, some way, some how.

I hope I don't get a call to move my December VWL reservation. I'll settle for the fast passes. We may opt to use our points at Disneyland Hotel in December, 2016 and avoid VWL, but I think I'd go into withdraw symptoms. I do need to see the Hatbox Ghost, some way, some how.

AFAIK you can decline to move so you should be fine WD. :thumbsup2 They added a note to our reservations to be on the bus side. As I've commented before that's the only side we've always been assigned to without requesting so Mr. Murphy has determined we'll be on the lakeside for sure. :rotfl:

AFAIK you can decline to move so you should be fine WD. :thumbsup2 They added a note to our reservations to be on the bus side. As I've commented before that's the only side we've always been assigned to without requesting so Mr. Murphy has determined we'll be on the lakeside for sure. :rotfl:
Thanks for the info!

I've been looking to change our Dec 6 - 12 2br vacation at Kidani to a 1br or studio. Has anybody stayed at Saratoga Springs? They have availability and I'd save points, since we don't need a 2br now.

I've been looking to change our Dec 6 - 12 2br vacation at Kidani to a 1br or studio. Has anybody stayed at Saratoga Springs? They have availability and I'd save points, since we don't need a 2br now.

We've had a short stay at SSR (1BR in the Congress Park section) and several days at THV. And when we first bought we invited family along on a trip rather last minute and they were at SSR. Overall we like it! And the now that the landscaping is maturing it's becoming quite beautiful. The access to DTD is really a nice perk and it's almost only on our stays at SSR and OKW that we even make that a destination. Of course we love AKV so we might find it hard to switch from there but not too hard when it's saving points. :) It's also quite surprising when you stay at SSR and discover how close it is to all the parks - everything is a short ride away. AP is a quite nice QS location too.

We've had a short stay at SSR (1BR in the Congress Park section) and several days at THV. And when we first bought we invited family along on a trip rather last minute and they were at SSR. Overall we like it! And the now that the landscaping is maturing it's becoming quite beautiful. The access to DTD is really a nice perk and we it's almost only on our stays at SSR and OKW that we even make that a destination. Of course we love AKV so we might find it hard to switch from there but not too hard when it's saving points. :) It's also quite surprising when you stay at SSR and discover how close it is to all the parks - everything is a short ride away. AP is a quite nice QS location too.
Thanks again for the info!

For now, I'm going to hold onto the reservation and try to find another couple, but my cousin and her husband have been removed from the reservation.

Hi Di! Oh yes the beginning of our trip was quite the adventure & not in a good way. The good news (as you know from the pictures) it only got better from there.

So glad to hear you had a great time. How cool you got to see the Magic as an unexpected bonus. England is on our list for next year. Can't wait.

The German castles were some of the highlights from our trip too.

I loved that spot too! I was sad the first time I came back after they removed it. It's starting to be a trend unfortunately. :sad1: Loved the Animation Academy too but alas that's gone now as well. Pretty soon it won't be worth going to DHS anymore.

Yes the cookies are still there. For now anyway. One of my absolute favorites. More like a mini cake than a cookie & impossible to finish.

Hi groupies! I'm home from Europe. We got in last night. As Di mentioned the trip got off to a very rough start but once that was finally past us it was amazing! We loved it. River crusing is awesome! I took 700+ photos. I just couldn't stop! The food was fabulous. Definitely gained some weight but I'm afraid to get on the scale. I really wish I was friends with more of you on FB as that's where the majority of my photos will be. I won't be doing a TR here (although I will on another board but can't mention the name). I can post a few pictures if anyone wants to see but I don't want to clog up this thread with non VWL things. However this one relates so I'm going to share. When we got to Frankfurt we did a quick tour of a cathedral I spotted close by to where we had dinner. At the time I thought wow this is some place, and it was, but how naive I was. It was beautiful but nothing like what was to come. We toured 2 cathedrals in Germany that were 1,000 years old! Unbelievable. But this was one of my very first sites in Germany. I spotted it from across the street & said to DS15 I've got to get a picture of that for my VWL groupie friends!

I have no idea what the sign says but it was right across from the entrance of the Dom St. Bartholmaus

I noticed a TR on another web page with a pic very similar to these. Sounds like that person had an awesome river adventure. Good for you!

WD
We stayed at SSR recently in a studio and really enjoyed it. We stayed there years ago, it had been opened maybe a year or so, wasnt so keen on going back. But they have done a nice job with it I would say. It is big, no doubt, but if you request the right areas, it can make for less walk. Di and Dad are good ones to ask on this as they helped steer us on the right path this last time. All depends on your needs.

DDad and I stay here often - though not as much as we stay at WL :) We very much enjoy SSR! It is rather spread out and the internal bus system can take a while to get around. We enjoy the scenery and the walks. DDad will tell you Artists Pallette - the quick service restaurant - makes the best flatbreads on property. If you use TIW, it is good here, which is a bonus! The Turf Club for dinner is also very good! Our next May trip is scheduled at SSR.

We stayed there WD.
I'm not a huge, huge fan. look at it this way, it always seems to have availability. I just found it exceedingly boring. Carriage house left me flat. nothing. We went for spring break a few years back, unfortunately it was a bit cold so we didn't hit the pool area.

the thing I remember most about it? they fire hydrant and the piping were colored a really pretty purple. noticing the infrastructure of the sewage system is not what I want to remember from a deluxe resort. lol

We're on a quest to stay at every Deluxe or dvc resort. It's at the bottom of our 'would do again" list.

Here on the DIS? That's weird. I'll have to go look for the TR.

No Julie, it was on a page with purple in the skin of the page layout and Cheyenne posted it. The map of the river was very interesting. I have not had time to read it but i intend to go thru it. All that flight business must have been very stressful. I have never been to Europe and would not know how to solve problems like no luggage. I would have been asking where the nearest Walmart is so I could grab some clean clothes.

No Julie, it was on a page with purple in the skin of the page layout and Cheyenne posted it. The map of the river was very interesting. I have not had time to read it but i intend to go thru it. All that flight business must have been very stressful. I have never been to Europe and would not know how to solve problems like no luggage. I would have been asking where the nearest Walmart is so I could grab some clean clothes.

Ah yes that explains it then. :) I didn't know you were over there too. Cheyenne was my horse's name. Different user names but the same theme. :) Yes the flight business was pretty stressful but thankfully it worked out in the end.

Viki and I free those dates. Would be in concierge studio too?

WD
We stayed at SSR recently in a studio and really enjoyed it. We stayed there years ago, it had been opened maybe a year or so, wasnt so keen on going back. But they have done a nice job with it I would say. It is big, no doubt, but if you request the right areas, it can make for less walk. Di and Dad are good ones to ask on this as they helped steer us on the right path this last time. All depends on your needs.

DDad and I stay here often - though not as much as we stay at WL :) We very much enjoy SSR! It is rather spread out and the internal bus system can take a while to get around. We enjoy the scenery and the walks. DDad will tell you Artists Pallette - the quick service restaurant - makes the best flatbreads on property. If you use TIW, it is good here, which is a bonus! The Turf Club for dinner is also very good! Our next May trip is scheduled at SSR.

SSR . . . and it is just a walk away from Disney Spring . . . ah, shopping; the most important thing! Just sayin'

We stayed there WD.
I'm not a huge, huge fan. look at it this way, it always seems to have availability. I just found it exceedingly boring. Carriage house left me flat. nothing. We went for spring break a few years back, unfortunately it was a bit cold so we didn't hit the pool area.

the thing I remember most about it? they fire hydrant and the piping were colored a really pretty purple. noticing the infrastructure of the sewage system is not what I want to remember from a deluxe resort. lol

We're on a quest to stay at every Deluxe or dvc resort. It's at the bottom of our 'would do again" list.

We did it. We were able to book an SSR 1br from Dec 7 - Dec 12 and have just the evening of Dec 6 at Kidani. Since it was a Kidani reservation, it wasn't a concierge one. But I saved 67 points, which I banked. Had to fix all of my dining reservations to go from 5 to 3. Twas a mess. Originally, Disney wanted to sell us SSR. We didn't want to buy there and bought VWL from them instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter