Volcano Bay updates, ticketing: Help us out US

They're not released for October yet. However, October dates fill up quickly so I wouldn't be waiting around for them. But if you buy a package, you won't be able to alter your rate if AP rates do come out.

The package price and the room with tickets separately is only $1 room. Would it be wiser to book the room at the regular price and get the APs for all 3 of us (since no picture is needed yay!) so I can guarantee the room and adjust the price when the AP rates are released? Is the first week of October particularly crowded? We are planning either the first or second week Sun - Thurs. Thank you all so much for your help!

The package price and the room with tickets separately is only $1 room. Would it be wiser to book the room at the regular price and get the APs for all 3 of us (since no picture is needed yay!) so I can guarantee the room and adjust the price when the AP rates are released? Is the first week of October particularly crowded? We are planning either the first or second week Sun - Thurs. Thank you all so much for your help!

That is definitely what I would do.

Problem with packages is that they tie you in, charge you fees for any changes you make, and don't allow you to adjust the package if you purchase an AP.

With room only, you aren't tied in. You can make changes without penalty right up to 5 days or so before check-in.

That is definitely what I would do.

Problem with packages is that they tie you in, charge you fees for any changes you make, and don't allow you to adjust the package if you purchase an AP.

With room only, you aren't tied in. You can make changes without penalty right up to 5 days or so before check-in.

Great, thank you. This is what I will do. Since you can book the room with the AP rate before you physically have the AP I will wait to get the AP when the prices are adjusted for VB. These are just picked up at will call if bought in advance correct? What AP do I need if neither the power pass or seasonal pass blackout dates will affect us? We always go to FL in Feb or March or in the early fall. I'm not seeing a huge difference between the 2 unless the seasonal is only good for a certain amount of time less than the year? Thanks!

Great, thank you. This is what I will do. Since you can book the room with the AP rate before you physically have the AP I will wait to get the AP when the prices are adjusted for VB. These are just picked up at will call if bought in advance correct? What AP do I need if neither the power pass or seasonal pass blackout dates will affect us? We always go to FL in Feb or March or in the early fall. I'm not seeing a huge difference between the 2 unless the seasonal is only good for a certain amount of time less than the year? Thanks!

APs aren't picked up at Will Call anymore. You have to either pick them up at the hotel ticket counter or at a ticket booth. You can use any of the passes. Seasonal passes are blocked out for most of the summer where power passes are not.

So, it looks like 3 park tickets are on sale now starting for use on 5/25. Previously, they said they were only good starting June 1. This would include Volcano Bay. Also, they have 3 park multi-day tickets on sale now. I was going to buy for our son, since we will be there 5/26-29. I really wanted to get him an AP though that included VB, since we will be back in July.

I had some horrible thoughts while debating the purchase.
- Do you think they will sell out of multi-day tickets? I know they could sell out of single day, but multi-day don't imply a date for usage, except expiration. I guess they would just close the park once they reach capacity.

- Do you think they will block APs from opening weekend? I have a preferred pass that I need to renew soon. It's only a 2 park, since they don't have the 3 park option yet. Do you think they won't offer the 3 park option until after it's opened? Or they could just block APs from the weekend at VB.

When I talked to guest services this month, preferred ap would include Volcano Bay

My renewal rate (renew early March)
Went up in December from what I read online
Was told that premier and preferred would include admission to all 3 parks

So you are still good to go with your preferred ap

My guess no black outs for opening weekend
Would think they would have told me that when I was at guest services this month as I inquired about VB

Of course it is possible for anything said now, to change
I only got a verbal, nothing in writing

Don't fret about it
Opening I can't see being packed
There will be many waiting to read reviews about VB before they go to it

Go and have fun and come back to tell us all about the fun youse had there!

When I talked to guest services this month, preferred ap would include Volcano Bay

My renewal rate (renew early March)
Went up in December from what I read online
Was told that premier and preferred would include admission to all 3 parks

So you are still good to go with your preferred ap

My guess no black outs for opening weekend
Would think they would have told me that when I was at guest services this month as I inquired about VB

Of course it is possible for anything said now, to change
I only got a verbal, nothing in writing

Don't fret about it
Opening I can't see being packed
There will be many waiting to read reviews about VB before they go to it

Go and have fun and come back to tell us all about the fun youse had there!

Thanks! I hope you are right about the APs. I figure they will eventually include VB but wasn't sure it if would be from the start. I thought we might have to pay an additional fee later. I think my renewal rate for my preferred non-FL resident is $307. What was the renewal rate last year? I can barely remember how much I paid for the AP, but I know it was somewhere between $250-400, probably closer to $300. The price paled in comparison to my WDW AP, so I think it didn't even register. For 4 day 3 park-to-park, it is less than $60 to add VB, so the pricing isn't outrageous on the multi-day tickets.

We won't be there opening day, but possibly that Friday or Saturday. I am still trying to decide which day will be less crowded. We will probably go twice, since we won't be leaving until Monday. I am hoping they have lockers so that I can take the nice camera for non-wet pics and lock it up while we are riding. I will have our waterproof camera for the wet ones. I plan to get a lot of pics. Not sure how I will do with pics on the actual water slides though. I don't really like water slides, but since it will just be DS11 and I, I know he will insist that I go with him on most of them.

I would go Friday or Sunday for Volcano Bay

Saturday's tend to bring out the locals when weather is good

When a water park does not have lockers, I only visit and look around
I go solo and have no one to keep an eye on my stuff

I would go Friday or Sunday for Volcano Bay

Saturday's tend to bring out the locals when weather is good

When a water park does not have lockers, I only visit and look around
I go solo and have no one to keep an eye on my stuff

I was thinking Friday and Sunday would be good too. I don't think as many people have Friday off, so I suspect the crowds will be Saturday.

I think they will have lockers. I just hope they have enough of them. I know DS and I will be running around, so I need somewhere to keep a few things. Usually DH or I stay behind, but it's just me and DS this trip.

I'll try to contact guest services and ask if lockers will be available when that park opens

At this point, someone would know what structures would be up or planned to be installed .....

I'll try to contact guest services and ask if lockers will be available when that park opens

At this point, someone would know what structures would be up or planned to be installed .....

Thanks!

So still no word on seasonal or power pass options for VB? I have time going the last week of August but I hate not knowing. Usually only buy one preferred for the food discount. Would be nice to continue to save that $500.

So still no word on seasonal or power pass options for VB? I have time going the last week of August but I hate not knowing. Usually only buy one preferred for the food discount. Would be nice to continue to save that $500.

Still no official word on any of the annual passes and VB. There are rumors and things told to people by employees, but no official word from Universal. The current thought/rumors say that only preferred and premiere will include VB. I don't know what they expect seasonal or power pass to do, since they are not currently selling single day VB tickets, only 3+ days 3 park 1 park/day tickets.

That is my main issue. The lack of single day tickets or any information regarding them or what the lower tier passholders are going to be able to do. I don't mind spending the extra money for the extra park but summer is coming fast and I'm a planner.

That is my main issue. The lack of single day tickets or any information regarding them or what the lower tier passholders are going to be able to do. I don't mind spending the extra money for the extra park but summer is coming fast and I'm a planner.

I know how you feel. Our trip is opening weekend, Memorial Day weekend. DS doesn't have an AP, so I could just buy him normal tickets. However, my AP renewal is next month. I plan to renew, but I won't know what that gets me for sure. @macraven was told by guest services that preferred and premiere would include VB from the time of purchase or renewal. I haven't heard anything about the other passes including VB. Luckily, you have plenty of time before August. Since ticket prices already went up, there's no benefit for you to buy your tickets or annual pass soon. At the latest, I think they will announce something in June, but I am hoping they announce something by April at the latest. This is just my hope, no actual info possessed.

For those that can not wait and need the info now, send an email to guest services

Hopefully, they will have current info that can be released now

For those that can not wait and need the info now, send an email to guest services

Hopefully, they will have current info that can be released now
"Need" is very subjective lol. Obsessing over it due to insanity it more like it.

Still no official word on any of the annual passes and VB. There are rumors and things told to people by employees, but no official word from Universal. The current thought/rumors say that only preferred and premiere will include VB. I don't know what they expect seasonal or power pass to do, since they are not currently selling single day VB tickets, only 3+ days 3 park 1 park/day tickets.

I wonder if they are forcing Power Pass holders to upgrade to preferred? It would only be $30 difference per person for a Florida rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter