VIRUS ALERT I got another Virus please read....

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
this is the thread I posted that disappeared :confused3

What good is having antivirus software and internet security(firewall) if they don't stop these darn things from infecting our computers anyway! I am so mad :badpc: :badpc:

This virus/worm is

bagel or w32.beagle.ba

it is an email worm oh and that's the cruncher here it comes via email in an attachment and I have NOT opened any attachements!!!!! what's up with that?

anyway here is the info to remove

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.beagle.ba@mm.html

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_BAGLE.AZ&VSect=Sn

Make sure your virus definitions are up to date(mine were, did not stop it but at least they caught it) :rolleyes1

then scan your computers. I hope no one else has caught this bugger.

Good news is Symantec's remover tool totally remove this from my computer.

I hate virus' and virus writters!!!!

my rant for today is now over

Mal

in case anyone missed this.

This virus is really new, Jan 27 was this variations release date, aren't I lucky :rolleyes: to have caught it so soon!

Anyway if you have not updated your virus definitions do so today.

I hope no one else catches this.

Mal

Sorry to hear you were infected Mal. It ticks me off to know that somewhere someone is trying to make a name for themselves by creating a virus. Sick, sick, people. Glad to hear you got rid of it.

The guy who fixes my computer says that he thinks the people who write the anti virus software are the ones who releases the viruses. Thus they always have a job. I kinda think that is true also.

It is amazing how this virus was released on Jan 27 and just a couple of days later Norton's has a fix for it!

Makes you wonder huh!?!?!

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter