Virgin Atlantic Upper Class

mousette

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Im looking for some advice re Virgin Upper class.

We are thinking of splurging and flying upper class with Virgin for next years Xmas trip.

Ive seen the seat layout etc on the Virgin Website and was just a little concerned because each seat looked totally isolated with the wall/barrier type thing.

My fiance is a nervous flyer and I know he would want to sit close to me. So has anyone flown upper class in the new type cabin and did you find the divider restricting?

I think I remember seeing a pic where someone had pulled over a small stool to sit beside their companion but looks mighty uncomfortable for a nine hour flight!!

Please can anyone advise, I don't want to spend a fortune on flights and be dissapointed,

Thanks guys :cool1:

We flew first class in February.

I very much doubt I will pay that much money to do it again. I too am a nervous flyer and like someone to hold on to if things get bumpy.

Seat 6a and b are perhaps the best couples as they are fairly near each other and you can actually talk.

The barrier is quite restricting unless you are both tall and can see over it.

Lots of people love the beds coming home, we were both looking forward to a sleep flight, however the flight was bumpy and it made both my husband and I feel motion sickness everytime we lay down. ( DH has never had motion sickness) The seats when in the upright position do not recline very much.

I much prefer the old first class, I have heard of the seat positions affecting other people who are prone to motion sickness.

I have booked PE this time and feel much more comfortable knowing I will be facing forward and have DH next to me.

Choose row 6 a & k - thats the seats at the very front.

You are probably about 2 or 3 feet away from each other and have direct eye contact which should help.

David

Mousette, have you looked on the thread about TCD (Do I Take The Plunge & Book TCD (Any Cabin Pics) ) and looked at the pictures of their `first class` cabin configuration...I know its not Virgin , but it does look like you would be able to sit next to each other

Looks quite claustophobic and cramped. As a family you would find it very difficult to hold a conversation :)

I'd rather save the money to spend in Orlando and go Premium Economy :)

Well, its horses for courses.
We always fly Upper Class and do not find it either claustophobic nor suffer from motion sickness.
We as a family have no problems holding conversations, either in the seats or sitting at the bar.
the stools are fixed in place and you can sit on them for quite a while, though why you would want to spend 8 hours talking to someone constantly is beyond me <grin>
None of us has problems sleeping on the way home (nor sometimes after partaking of the fine wines and spirits on the way out)
The seats do recline in seat mode further than normal PE/Econ seats.
But as I said, horses for courses.
The food is soo much better than PE, the Clubhouse, the choice of wines, the eat when you want, teh size of the cabin, the seats sizes, but less people to use it, better seat prices for my family :goodvibes :) :thumbsup2

Virgin Upper Class is fantastic - great clubhouse and all that jazz but I too prefer the old style. We flew to/from LA for NYE and I found the experience quite uncomfortable - I got v hot in the bed and even tho' we were a party of 6, we all felt quite isolated. DH and I have pre-booked seats 6a and 6k for our trip to Barbados in Feb so will see how that works out. It doesn't feel v romantic sitting so far apart. Someone can sit on the footstool at the end of each seat but it's not an option for the whole flight. The more I think about it, upstairs Prem Ec would be my choice for nervous flyers...

It is also worth noting that the foot rest can be used as a seat. You can also eat together on the pop up table.
I love Upper Class, if you can get a good deal its worth it if you end up paying lots more then PE is probably better particularly if you fly from Manchester as the pre flight club is pretty basic.

JohnnySharp2 said:
If you ever want to see photos of aircraft cabin decks etc try this site:

http://www.airliners.net/search/?

Simply sepecify the Airline, or Aircraft type and in category put 'cabin view' and you will see top class pictures.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but Johnny your pm box is full, im trying to reply to you :thumbsup2

Guys,

A BIG thanks to you all for your help and advice, thanks especially for the links showing the alyout of the upper class cabin.

It looks great but gotta admit def looks constricting.

We are gonna try British Airways, bit more expensive but hey overtime is looming!!

thanks everyone!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter