Video Exposure Mode

When you shoot video, what exposure mode do you most often use?

• Auto

• Aperture Priority

• Shutter Priority

• Manual

Results are only viewable after voting.
(copied from another post)
When simply pointing and shooting video at night using auto mode, it is common for lights, notably Christmas lights and fireworks, to be overexposed and come out all white, as the camera tries to make the scene look like day.

Digital camera hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/digicam.htm

I usually shoot in auto, but I have trouble getting inside shots to come out good, and I don't even bother with nighttime shooting. I'm trying to learn the tricks of the manual settings so I can get every shot on our holiday trip.

I've been using shutter priority for casual shooting. I noticed that, when shooting in HD, variations in shutter speed become very noticeable. Higher shutter speeds (faster than 1/60s) often produce a strobe like effect. My compromise is to lock the shutter speed at 1/45s and let the camera sort out the aperture.

When I'm shooting from one location for a while and I want to get it right, I manually set the shutter speed and aperture. I use the widest aperture that works for the entire field of view that I intend to shoot.

The problem that manual solves for me is having the exposure vary as I change my shooting angle or zoom in. By going to manual, it keeps the exposure level consistent throughout the shoot.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest