VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

We are booked in a lake view 1BR in May (followed by 2 nights in a standard view but waislisting the lake view to have one continuous reservation). I looked through many of the pictures on the first page of the thread and I'm surprised by how pretty many of the standard views are and the lake views don't seem to grab me as much but there aren't as many to choose from either. Points aside, which view do you prefer if you've stayed at VGF?

A lake view guarantees you a lake view facing towards the Poly.

A standard view could be towards the Senses Spa building, maybe some monorail, the GF buildings/roofs, or maybe some water and fireworks.

:earsboy: Bill

This will be our first trip. We chose a standard view so we can stay longer. We did request rooms that have a good fire works view.

We can always go out side to view things lol!

A lake view guarantees you a lake view facing towards the Poly.

A standard view could be towards the Senses Spa building, maybe some monorail, the GF buildings/roofs, or maybe some water and fireworks.

Thanks everyone! Do most lake views have a view of fireworks also?

No, the lake view is facing away from the MK. :earsboy: Bill
That is not 100% accurate. Rooms ending in 14, 16 or 18 are lake view and they face toward the MK. This past October we specifically requested a room ending in 14 and as high a floor as possible when we checked in. They were able to accommodate and we were able to watch the FW from our room. We were in room 1314. We posted night pics with the FW if anyone wants to get an idea of what you can see.

That is not 100% accurate. Rooms ending in 14, 16 or 18 are lake view and they face toward the MK. This past October we specifically requested a room ending in 14 and as high a floor as possible when we checked in. They were able to accommodate and we were able to watch the FW from our room. We were in room 1314. We posted night pics with the FW if anyone wants to get an idea of what you can see.

You are correct, checking photos the 14, 16, 18 rooms stick out far enough to see the roof of space mountain way across the lake.

Walking into the second bedroom:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thank you so much for posting these, there are not many photos around of the dedicated two-bedrooms, and we have one booked for this coming May. There sure is a lot better storage in the dedicated studio side rather than in a regular studio.

This is a great thread! We are staying in a standard view studio in Dec. for my daughters 16th birthday. Hopefully we can have a nice view. We rented points. So excited to stay there. Is there a parking fee and can you leave your car in the lot until you are finished at the parks on check out day?

This is a great thread! We are staying in a standard view studio in Dec. for my daughters 16th birthday. Hopefully we can have a nice view. We rented points. So excited to stay there. Is there a parking fee and can you leave your car in the lot until you are finished at the parks on check out day?
There is no parking fee at the resort for self parking. There is a fee for valet parking if you wish to use that service. You will receive a parking pass when you check-in at VGF, which you should leave on your dashboard. With that pass, you can park for free at any of the Parks if you choose to drive to the Parks. The parking pass is good through the day of your check-out, so you can leave your car in the lot while you visit a Park on your last day.

Last edited:
Such a great thread - very helpful! We are in a standard view 1 BR in June and can't wait. Hoping for a monorail view!

Thoughts on walking distances from the VGF? What's the fastest way to Epcot in the mornings - GF monorail or walking to the TTC? Faster to get coffee by walking to Gasparilla Grill or the Poly? Any idea what the pool bar hours are?

SO excited! My kids are going to love the VGF.

We purchased last year and our first stay will be in a 1 bedroom later this year. How do we go about making specific room requests. Is there a number to call and how early do we need to do this? Thanks!

Such a great thread - very helpful! We are in a standard view 1 BR in June and can't wait. Hoping for a monorail view!

Thoughts on walking distances from the VGF? What's the fastest way to Epcot in the mornings - GF monorail or walking to the TTC? Faster to get coffee by walking to Gasparilla Grill or the Poly? Any idea what the pool bar hours are?

SO excited! My kids are going to love the VGF.
Just returned from our first trip!! Loved the VGF. Rented a car this time as the monorail was in its February "maintenance" mode so it was unreliable option during non peak times. It would be a pretty good hike to get to TTC, so unless you wanted the extra exercise I would opt for the monorail.

We were in an end room (ending in 14) as close to walkway to Poly as you could get. I counted steps (my wife said I am really nuts) both to Gasparilla and Cap'n Cooks from our location. Gasparilla closer by about 200 steps (about 1/3rd longer to Poly).

We recently got very lucky!! On a whim I was searching the resort availability tool and saw VGF so I quickly called MS to cancel HHI and book VGF. The CM said there were only 2 studios left and she wasn't sure she could grab both, so I quickly blurted, YES CANCEL HILTON HEAD AND NO NEED TO TALK JUST TYPE!! She goes.. ok got the 1st one.. then lots of typing sounds.. got the 2nd!! Woo Hoo!! So this coming October 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 we are staying in two standard view studios at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort and Spa!! The views shown in this thread are amazing and I'm beyond excited!

We recently got very lucky!! On a whim I was searching the resort availability tool and saw VGF so I quickly called MS to cancel HHI and book VGF. The CM said there were only 2 studios left and she wasn't sure she could grab both, so I quickly blurted, YES CANCEL HILTON HEAD AND NO NEED TO TALK JUST TYPE!! She goes.. ok got the 1st one.. then lots of typing sounds.. got the 2nd!! Woo Hoo!! So this coming October 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 we are staying in two standard view studios at The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort and Spa!! The views shown in this thread are amazing and I'm beyond excited!

Congrats!!!! You are going to have a WONDERFUL time!! pixiedust::yay:

We purchased last year and our first stay will be in a 1 bedroom later this year. How do we go about making specific room requests. Is there a number to call and how early do we need to do this? Thanks!

Using the contact form on the member website, you can send your room request to MS, they will email you in a few days confirming that they added your request to your reservation.

You can also call MS but you might have to wait on hold.

List of Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Villas and Views

Click on the villa number to jump to the post:

Villa 1113: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Viila 1114: Lake View Studio
Villa 1116: Lake View One-Bedroom
Villa 1125: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1201: Lake View Grand Villa
Villa 1208: Lake View One-Bedroom
Villa 1209: Standard View One-Bedroom. Second Photo in Post #21
Villa 1214: Lake View Studio
Villa 1218: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1221: Standard View Studio
Villa 1225: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Viila 1228: Standard View Studio
Villa 1229: Standard View Studio
Villa 1303: Standard View One Bedroom
Villa 1304: Lake View Studio
Villa 1306: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1307: Standard View Two-Bedroom
Villa 1310: Lake View Studio
Villa 1311: Standard View Studio (Handicapped Accessible)
Villa 1314: Lake View Studio; More Photos
Villa 1316
: Lake View One Bedroom
Villa 1321: Standard View Studio
Villa 1326: Standard View One Bedroom
Villa 1327: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1328: Standard View Studio
Villa 1329: Standard View Studio
Villa 1403: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1404: Lake View Studio
Villa 1409: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1414: Lake View Studio
Villa 1415: Standard View Studio
Villa 1417: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1421: Standard View Studio
Villa 1424: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom (Handicapped Accessible)
Villa 1429: Standard View Studio
Villa 1507: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1513: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1514: Lake View Studio
Villa 1515: Standard View Studio
Villa 1518: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1525: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1526: Standard View One-Bedroom HA Villa
Villa 1601: Lake View Grand Villa; Another Photo
Villa 1602/1604: Lake View Lock-Off Two-Bedroom
Villa 1603: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1605: Standard View Studio
Villa 1609: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1613: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom

We just stayed in Studio 1524 for 2 nights. BEWARE this is a handicap studio ONLY ONE SHOWER No dividers in the bathroom just one big room, no vanity top to put things on and a tub with a shower with like 8 grab bars. The kitchen area is smaller but very low. Very disappointing when you use a lot of points for a 2 Shower room was hard having everyone get ready. Concierge said for short stays chances are good you will get a handicap room. I do not know what made them think taking away a shower and dividers was a good idea. Besides a person in a wheelchair would not be able to use this shower no place to sit down. Poor thinking on Disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter