VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

We are going in December and staying in the villa side for the first time. We got married a the wedding pavilion and think it would be awesome to have a view of that from our room. We are in a standard view one bedroom. Is it better to be vague with the room request ie high floor with view of pavilion as opposed to specific room numbers? TIA

I just called MS to add dining plan and so thought I would add a request for our 1 bed standard. I asked for high floor with view of main building and pool....Hope I did right?..I wouldn't mind at all a view of anywhere EXCEPT the gross roof view just above the front entrance port coreche. So I figured I better ask for the other side of the building that looks over the main hotel. Thinking of calling back and asking for NON handicapped...but worry they might write it wrong and think Iam requesting handicapped! LOL

Lake View Studio 1504.

views to the left / forward

views to the right

Adjacent Lake View Units

Balcony of our neighbor - 2 BDR dedicated unit 1506

Electric Water Pageant at night (sorry for the blur)

Thanks to momof3poohlove, jillmc40, and poison ivy for contributing their photos to this thread! I've added your villas to the list in Post #2.

Here is a few pictures from our lake view studio 1504 from last week. I know this room has pictures posted already, but just wanted to share.

20150620_201458.jpg 20150620_201557.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a few pictures from our lake view studio 1504 from last week. I know this room has pictures posted already, but just wanted to share.

Thanks for adding your photos to the thread, goofy4prez!

Its always good to get more photos of a villa's view. Sometimes, we lose links to photos that were previously posted, so its nice to have extra photos available.

We had an AMAZING time at the VGF in June in room 1426 - 1 br standard view. Loved everything about it. Here are a few photos, more in my trip report - link in signature.

We were able to see the Star Wars fireworks at HS in the distance! Couldn't see the water pageant or anything else though.
2015-06-05 Disney 2015 012_opt.jpg 2015-06-05 Disney 2015 015_opt (1).jpg

Plenty of room, even with both beds pulled out!

IMG_4067_opt (1).jpg

We had an AMAZING time at the VGF in June in room 1426 - 1 br standard view. Loved everything about it. Here are a few photos, more in my trip report - link in signature.

We were able to see the Star Wars fireworks at HS in the distance! Couldn't see the water pageant or anything else though.
View attachment 111360 View attachment 111361

Plenty of room, even with both beds pulled out!

View attachment 111362

Thanks for sharing. My first thoughts of a parking lot view wouldn't be great, but knowing that you can see HS fireworks from there is pretty cool! I'm impressed at home much room there is between the pull-out beds!

We had an AMAZING time at the VGF in June in room 1426 - 1 br standard view. Loved everything about it.
Thanks for posting your photos! It looks like you had a great view of the monorails as they zoomed by!

I've added your villa to the list in Post #2.

As I really want a jacuzzi tub, do I need to be careful to request a non-accessible room? It looks like the accessible rooms have a standard tub/shower. It's lame, I know, but I basically booked the 1br because I really loved the bathroom and I had extra points to use.

As I really want a jacuzzi tub, do I need to be careful to request a non-accessible room? It looks like the accessible rooms have a standard tub/shower. It's lame, I know, but I basically booked the 1br because I really loved the bathroom and I had extra points to use.

I have read posts that people request a non-accessible room and they end up with one, because assigner saw accessible or HA in the remarks. So I am not sure I would request those words. Perhaps request a room with a jacuzzi tub. If a handicapped accessible villa is left over someone will have to take it. You can confirm with desk that is it not a HA room, or if doing online check in, when you discover are given a HA room, make sure your family does not settle in and go to the desk immediately and request another 1BR. If there are 1BRs available you will be reassigned. But sometimes you are stuck with the HA villa.

I have read posts that people request a non-accessible room and they end up with one, because assigner saw accessible or HA in the remarks. So I am not sure I would request those words. Perhaps request a room with a jacuzzi tub. If a handicapped accessible villa is left over someone will have to take it. You can confirm with desk that is it not a HA room, or if doing online check in, when you discover are given a HA room, make sure your family does not settle in and go to the desk immediately and request another 1BR. If there are 1BRs available you will be reassigned. But sometimes you are stuck with the HA villa.

Thanks, that makes sense. I mean, if it's super busy and there are no other options available, we'll live. I would just prefer the Jacuzzi. Also, I hate taking accessible rooms from people who might actually need them. I will definitely make a point of double checking at check-in!

Just returned from VGF and stayed in room 1124. This is a 2 bedroom standard view.

I wasn't too excited by the view when we first arrived but it grew on me. The location was about as convenient as you could get, right off the lobby so easy access in and out. The unit had some maintenance issues but I took a list to the front desk and they had everything fixed when we got back from the park same day.
IMG_2558_zpspifshvvr.jpg
IMG_2643_zpsfqbl8sfa.jpg

IMG_2645_zpsfgvkqvkk.jpg

Just returned from VGF and stayed in room 1124. This is a 2 bedroom standard view.

I wasn't too excited by the view when we first arrived but it grew on me. The location was about as convenient as you could get, right off the lobby so easy access in and out. The unit had some maintenance issues but I took a list to the front desk and they had everything fixed when we got back from the park same day.
Thanks for your photos, CaliforniaDreaming! I've aded your villa to the list in Post #2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter