VGF Villas & Views - REVISED 07/22/2017

Ok, so we are staying here for the first time! :cool1: SO very excited. Have never visited before, and have always said it is my dream place to stay. So here is my situation. We are staying in a standard view studio. My children are monorail loving children. Meaning, it would be FANTASTIC to have a view of the monorail from our room. Any chance of this? Also, I will be having to rent a scooter for myself as I am on nocturnal dialysis. I am not mobility limited per se, it is just I think the parks will be too much for me in my current health circumstances. Do I need to ask for a handicapped room? I don't need a roll in shower, just as long as the scooter fits in the room (or do they let you leave them in the halls?) What room do you experts think would be best for us?

Thanks, Amy
Rm 1524 is a handicap studio with one large bathroom no divider for toilet. Sink and it has only one tub shower combo no walk in shower inconvenient for 5 people as only one person can use the bathroom at a time but great for getting a scooter in and out of no place to sit but in the tub lots of grab bars though larger kitchen area for a studio no place to put your clothes no dresser I put my clothes in the kitchen cabinets

Rm 1524 is a handicap studio with one large bathroom no divider for toilet. Sink and it has only one tub shower combo no walk in shower inconvenient for 5 people as only one person can use the bathroom at a time but great for getting a scooter in and out of no place to sit but in the tub lots of grab bars though larger kitchen area for a studio no place to put your clothes no dresser I put my clothes in the kitchen cabinets
1525 studio also has the monorails going by in front of it

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Hi
The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa has a total of 100 vacation homes:

6 - Lake View Grand Villas
30 - Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Homes
17 - Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Homes
30 - Standard View Lock-Off Two-Bedroom Vacation Homes
17 - Lake View Lock-Off Two-Bedroom Vacation Homes

Each Lock-Off Two-Bedroom vacation Home can be booked as a two-bedroom villa, or separately as a studio or a one-bedroom villa.

The following maps show the location of the room numbers for the villas at VGF. The Lake View villas are colored blue and the Standard View villas are colored green.

Post #2 has links to photos showing views from the VGF villas. If you have a photo you want to post, add it to this thread and i will add your villa to the list.

When looking at the maps, the Seven Seas Lagoon is on the right and the monorail tracks are to the lower left. The main Grand Floridian Resort is to the upper left of the map, and the entrance to the VGF building is at the bottom of the map.

VGFLayoutfloor1_zpsb64b8aa5.jpg

VGFLayoutfloor2_zpse130e719.jpg

VGFLayoutP3-7202014_zps8c34f9af.jpg

VGFLayoutfloor4_zps3fdb2b70.jpg

VGFLayoutFloor58122014_zps91aeae1d.jpg

VGFLayoutfloor6_zps51f3e886.jpg

Here is the map given to Grand Floridian guests at check-in. VGF and its designated parking lot are near the bottom of the map.

VGFMap_zps13676a52.jpeg

HI, I just returned from a WONDERFUL stay at VGF and we stayed in villa 1405, so I'm trying to send you two pics but I can't exactly figure out how on this reply forum.

The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa has a total of 100 vacation homes:

Each Lock-Off Two-Bedroom vacation Home can be booked as a two-bedroom villa, or separately as a studio or a one-bedroom villa.

The following maps show the location of the room numbers for the villas at VGF. The Lake View villas are colored blue and the Standard View villas are colored green.

Post #2 has links to photos showing views from the VGF villas. If you have a photo you want to post, add it to this thread and i will add your villa to the list.

When looking at the maps, the Seven Seas Lagoon is on the right and the monorail tracks are to the lower left. The main Grand Floridian Resort is to the upper left of the map, and the entrance to the VGF building is at the bottom of the map.

Here is the map given to Grand Floridian guests at check-in. VGF and its designated parking lot are near the bottom of the map.

VGFMap_zps13676a52.jpeg

VGFMap_zps13676a52.jpeg

HI, Just got back from the most WONDERFUL week at VGF in standard studio villa 1405. I've tried to upload our beautiful views both to the right toward the pool and beach and to the left where the monorail wizzed by. We could also see partial fireworks at night but if you went down to the beach below it was much better. I'm a loyal VGF Disney-goer now! Hope these pics appear. This is my first go at posting. GF.jpg GF1.jpg GF.jpg GF1.jpg

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
List of Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Villas and Views

Click on the villa number to jump to the post:

Villa 1113: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Viila 1114: Lake View Studio
Villa 1116: Lake View One-Bedroom
Villa 1125: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1201: Lake View Grand Villa
Villa 1208: Lake View One-Bedroom
Villa 1209: Standard View One-Bedroom. Second Photo in Post #21
Villa 1214: Lake View Studio
Villa 1218: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1221: Standard View Studio
Villa 1225: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Viila 1228: Standard View Studio
Villa 1229: Standard View Studio
Villa 1303: Standard View One Bedroom
Villa 1304: Lake View Studio
Villa 1306: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1307: Standard View Two-Bedroom
Villa 1310: Lake View Studio
Villa 1311: Standard View Studio (Handicapped Accessible)
Villa 1314: Lake View Studio; More Photos
Villa 1316
: Lake View One Bedroom
Villa 1321: Standard View Studio
Villa 1326: Standard View One Bedroom
Villa 1327: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1328: Standard View Studio
Villa 1329: Standard View Studio
Villa 1403: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1404: Lake View Studio
Villa 1409: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1414: Lake View Studio
Villa 1415: Standard View Studio
Villa 1417: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1421: Standard View Studio
Villa 1424: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom (Handicapped Accessible)
Villa 1429: Standard View Studio
Villa 1507: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1513: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1514: Lake View Studio
Villa 1515: Standard View Studio
Villa 1518: Lake View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1525: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom
Villa 1526: Standard View One-Bedroom HA Villa
Villa 1601: Lake View Grand Villa; Another Photo
Villa 1602/1604: Lake View Lock-Off Two-Bedroom
Villa 1603: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1605: Standard View Studio
Villa 1609: Standard View One-Bedroom
Villa 1613: Standard View Dedicated Two-Bedroom

VGFMap_zps13676a52.jpeg
GF.jpg GF1.jpg GF.jpg GF1.jpg

Wow I love all the standard views..Except for the ones directly looking onto the port de cochere roof! Yikes!! If I request highest floor and AWAY from elevators will that hopefuly get me away from Port de cochere?....As I think the elevators are opposite it?

Wow I love all the standard views..Except for the ones directly looking onto the port de cochere roof! Yikes!! If I request highest floor and AWAY from elevators will that hopefuly get me away from Port de cochere?....As I think the elevators are opposite it?

I just tried again, so we'll see. I tried to upload "full image" in a jpeg format.
I'm not sure why the photos aren't posting. I just tried to click and drag a photo to this thread and it wasn't working for me either.

So here are two options for getting your photos onto the thread:

One: Send me your photos via email and I will post them for you. I'll start a "Conversation" with you and let you know my email. The Conversation will appear in your Inbox, which is in the upper right of the screen.

Two: Establish a free account with one of the photo sharing sites such as PhotoBucket. After you establish your account, you can easily upload photos. Once the photos are on the PhotoBucket site, each photo will have an IMG url number. Copy that IMG url number and then paste it into your thread on the disboards. I like PhotoBucket because it allows you password protect your photos and albums so that access is given only to those you allow.

Here are some photos amiemjones took from her balcony from VGF 1405, a Standard View Studio.

HI, Just got back from the most WONDERFUL week at VGF in standard studio villa 1405. I've tried to upload our beautiful views both to the right toward the pool and beach and to the left where the monorail wizzed by. We could also see partial fireworks at night but if you went down to the beach below it was much better. I'm a loyal VGF Disney-goer now!

Looking toward the right toward the main Grand Floridian building and the pool and beach:

VGF%201405%20-%201_zpsjj0m9zrh.jpg

Looking toward the left. The villa offers a great view of the monorail.

VGF%201405%20-%202_zps5thmfrqo.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos, amie! I've added your villa to the list in post #2.

Here are some photos amiemjones took from her balcony from VGF 1405, a Standard View Studio.

Those are terrific - I had a ground floor lake view last year and this is much better in IMHO!

Looking toward the right toward the main Grand Floridian building and the pool and beach:

VGF%201405%20-%201_zpsjj0m9zrh.jpg

Looking toward the left. The villa offers a great view of the monorail.

VGF%201405%20-%202_zps5thmfrqo.jpg

Thanks for sharing your photos, amie! I've added your villa to the list in post #2.

Stayed in room 1103. I loved the location. Very convenient as the door to go out of the building was right around the corner and I thought the views were great esp. for a ground floor room. If you look at the second picture, you can see the tracks for the monorail. I could never seem to time it right to capture a picture of it going by.

This was the view from 1103 Standard View:
[GALLERY=]IMG_2110 copy.jpg [/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=]IMG_2108 copy.jpg [/GALLERY]

we've stayed in both a standard view 1105 and lake view studio 1504. I'll check the list and see if our studios were already shown.

What generic request should I put in for the best fireworks view in a standard one bedroom? High level odd number? Anyone with experience have a suggestion? Thanks in advance!

We are staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time in a standard view 1 bedroom DVC villa in May. Being unfamiliar with the resort, does anyone have any room suggestions for our recomendations through DVC?

Thanks

Hi All! We just went "Home" and stayed in room Standard Studio 1315, April 1 - 4. It was soooooo wonderful! My DH has now decided that we cannot stay anywhere else when we go (YES!!!). I took a few pictures of the view. It was so amazing I didn't want to leave! We had a view of the monorail, port de cochere, Poly, and even the contemporary with a lake view. It was heaven! :cloud9:

I didn't get any pictures of the room..I don't know what I was thinking!? But I will say that the TV in the mirror was a total pain! The remote was broken and the back of it where the battery is kept on was taped together, so if you squeezed it just right you could maybe get it to turn on, but then turning it off or changing the channel made it annoying.

We were at the far end of the building. As far from the main as you could get I believe. I didn't care, that just meant we could stroll the lovely grounds all the more.

To the right:
[URL=http://s459.photobucket.com/user/xgdog401x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_3.jpg.html][/URL]

View to the extreme left. We were an end unit so we could look around the edge of the building. You could see the bungalows and the Contemporary, but it is hard to see because of the sunrise (that was beautiful)
[URL=http://s459.photobucket.com/user/xgdog401x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_2.jpg.html][/URL]

View to the left:
[URL=http://s459.photobucket.com/user/xgdog401x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg.html][/URL]

Straight ahead:
[URL=http://s459.photobucket.com/user/xgdog401x/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html][/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter