Veteran of the Day (frustrated)

LoveTwoTravel

Mouseketeer
I'm so excited about trying to do this for Husband, but when I called a few weeks ago they said, call back 7 days out. So I called again this past week and the lady didn't know what I was even talking about. So I got off the phone and called back to get someone different. She didn't know either but put me on hold and came back to report that, um, the policy had been changed in the past few days and now it must be requested in person.

Does anyone have any recent experience with participating in this ceremony or have a better number I can try?

Thanks so much!

I'm so excited about trying to do this for Husband, but when I called a few weeks ago they said, call back 7 days out. So I called again this past week and the lady didn't know what I was even talking about. So I got off the phone and called back to get someone different. She didn't know either but put me on hold and came back to report that, um, the policy had been changed in the past few days and now it must be requested in person.

Does anyone have any recent experience with participating in this ceremony or have a better number I can try?

Thanks so much!

From what I understand it has always been done in person.

I've read on these boards about people calling ahead and then Guest Services said it wasn't a problem when I called several weeks ago. But I will just keep my fingers crossed that there is still a spot open when we arrive.

Thanks!

MY DH and his friend just did this on Aug 31st. We made the request in person at City Hall. Good luck. :thumbsup2

And requested it in person! I just went to City Hall on our 1st day of our vacation and was able to pick which day we wanted, and had quite a few days to choose from.

For the PP who asked what this is all about - every day at 5pm, Magic Kingdom has a flag lowering ceremony on Main Street close to the train station. The WDW "color" guard, along with the Veteran-of-the-day, lower the flag. It's really cool and you get a certificate, pin, and complimentary photo pass picture to mark the occasion!

:cool1: Brenda

Can it be any veteran? Or do they prefer younger veterans that have been over in Iraq and Afganistan? My dad is coming with us and is a Veteran of the Korean War. This sounds really cool. I'm going to put it on my schedule to be sure to see it when we are down there.

Thanks, Everyone! I'm hoping that we'll be able to do this one of the days we're there--we've got a couple MK days to pick from so I'll head over to CH when we arrive.

Where is CH when you first enter MK? Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter