VERY Impressed with Davids

First let me say, I'm not as new as my post count suggests, I had another name previously and didn't like it so awhile back I changed to this one but have not really been here in awhile.

Anyway, I am very happy to read all the glowing reviews about David's! I'm about to sign up to rent out some points through him and I was a little nervous but this thread has really put me at ease!!

Can someone tell me how it works money-wise? How do you get payment??

Once the rental is made and confirmed by David's you will receive 50% right away through Paypal. The day the renters check in you will receive the other 50% again through paypal.

Once money is in your paypal account you can transfer the money into your bank account.

I have rented out my points twice with David's and will use them again if I have points that need to be rented out. Excellent experiences!

Thank you both! I really appreciate the responses and information. I just filled out the form and submitted it to David's! :)

Wow, I must say I'm impressed! Our points were placed in the queue with David's and in less than 3 hours I heard back and most of the points are gone! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Can't wait to book our next vacation through David's! Now just to find the dates that we can go and not have the kids miss too much school!

Very pleased with David's service, as a renter of points. Will go to them for all our future needs as well.

I've rented my points to others and rented points from other DVC members through David's. We are going to Aulani in June. I was afraid I wouldn't get what I wanted if I waited until the 7-mo window, so I was looking to rent Aulani points and wasn't able to find any. David's came through in about 6 weeks. I'll rent enough of my points through David's to cover the cost of the Aulani points. I've had great experiences every time I've worked with David's.

Hi all,

For those of you that have rented out your points in the past... Is the rental income taxable? Do you declare it on your tax return?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi all,

For those of you that have rented out your points in the past... Is the rental income taxable? Do you declare it on your tax return?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Income??? What income? not sure what your talking about:confused3

When calculating taxes - can you pro-rate point per year cost based on initial buy in ( in addition to the dues)?

Just rented out points we were not going to use in 2014. David's was fantastic! Only took 24hrs from listing to payment!

David's site is helping me convince my husband to buy a DVC resale. I told DH if we decide not to go to Disney one year we can sell the points on Davids and use the money to go somewhere else.

I'm definitely going to show him this thread- thanks!

David's site is helping me convince my husband to buy a DVC resale. I told DH if we decide not to go to Disney one year we can sell the points on Davids and use the money to go somewhere else.

I'm definitely going to show him this thread- thanks!

You have to remember that DVC has already changed their take on renting points once before when they changed the number of contracts a person could be an associate on. That changed David's mode of operation. Their attorneys could come up with another fly in the ointment to make it not as easy to rent out points.

You have to remember that DVC has already changed their take on renting points once before when they changed the number of contracts a person could be an associate on. That changed David's mode of operation. Their attorneys could come up with another fly in the ointment to make it not as easy to rent out points.

Thanks for the info. Between you and me (and the DIS Boards) I plan on using all of the yearly points. This is merely a persuasion device for the hubs.;)

Thanks for all the info and rewievs. Something like this thread was exsactly what I were looking for before I took the plunge and tried the rental route instead of the normal book through disney I planned on going.

Have sent in my reservation form and gotten waitlisted for my first choice (wich I expected) so now I just have to be patient I supose. Really hope for a speedy waiting period, patience is not my forte ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter