VERY Impressed with Davids

Belle & Ariel

DIS Veteran
We have been cruising a lot the last couple years and have accumulated DVC banked points.
We have not wanted to hassle with renting but just could not find time to go to Disney and could not give away to our married kids(they did not want).
Sunday night I listed my 150 banked points with David's. The form asks the number of total points this use year which also included points we could bank into next year.
I figured hope for the best and if need be I would do a moms trip with a few friends if points hadn't rented within a few months.
WOW---Monday morning I had request for 122 points. I made reservation and when I sat down to lunch the payment had hit my email.
I was amazed and very thankful for Davids:).
I had hope that the rest would be rented by when the current ones needed to be banked at end of March.
Today, I got a request for the rest of them and made that reservation.
I now have $2000 spending money for my cruise.;)
Again, very impressed with the ease of using David's Rentals and thankful for the service they provide.

Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

I'm just curious, so free free to ignore my question, LOL - I'm wondering what the home resort of the points were and if you were using the home resort advantage to book the requested reservations.

I'm postulating that some resorts rent faster than others and thinking that was part of your good luck with the timing.

Thanks for sharing your experience. :)

I'm just curious, so free free to ignore my question, LOL - I'm wondering what the home resort of the points were and if you were using the home resort advantage to book the requested reservations.

I'm postulating that some resorts rent faster than others and thinking that was part of your good luck with the timing.

Me too. Very curious.

From the other end, I am renting pts through David's for the first time for our summer 2013 trip (awaiting ROFR for our first DVC contract right now), and it was extremely easy, and very fast. Customer service was wonderful. I'm kicking myself for not knowing about points renting all of our previous visits! We tend to plan very much in advance--like on the long plane ride home for the following summer, so I'm sure that made our request even easier to fill. Once we are DVC owners (fingers crossed), I imagine I'll use David's to rent out points, if needed.

I also had a similar experience... Rented my points in less than 2-3 days. For the record I own BCV but the renters are staying at Animal Kingdom. So owning BCV had no affect on Te ease of renting :). Thanks David's

My home resort is Boardwalk. Banked points (150) had to be used by July 31 of this year.
One rental was SSR and one OKW. One was in March and other in June of this year.
I also used some of this year's points that I would have otherwise banked.

That does not surprise me. I am currently on a wait list to rent points for a stay in December at AKL. Cannot book the rooms until they have the points, which they do not have at this time. It is my understanding that they have quite a lot of people who want to rent points but not enough members to rent points out right now so that is probably why your points rented so quickly. We are all on the edge of our seats waiting in a queue for new members to sell their points right now :)

I'm another happy David's customer - I've rented out points from both SSR and AKL. Fast and efficient and the staff has been great to work with!!

You all will love AKV. We have stayed there twice and had a reservation there in May but we decided to cruise instead.
I love my Boardwalk but something about sitting on a balcony watching giraffes wander is more interesting than people watching at BW.
For the poster waiting on a December reservation, I would expect it to be awhile. Unless someone who owns at AK lists points, owners at other resorts could not make your reservation until the 7 month window opens in May. AK is very big and I have gotten reservations there as close as 2 months to arrival. Good luck-- AK is awesome!

You all will love AKV. We have stayed there twice and had a reservation there in May but we decided to cruise instead.
I love my Boardwalk but something about sitting on a balcony watching giraffes wander is more interesting than people watching at BW.
For the poster waiting on a December reservation, I would expect it to be awhile. Unless someone who owns at AK lists points, owners at other resorts could not make your reservation until the 7 month window opens in May. AK is very big and I have gotten reservations there as close as 2 months to arrival. Good luck-- AK is awesome!

Thank you for saying this. I really want to stay here and I am trying to be patient but I keep hearing that the week we are going is when a lot of DVC members go and use their points (second week in dec) and I might be out of luck :( really hoping for the best!

That does not surprise me. I am currently on a wait list to rent points for a stay in December at AKL. Cannot book the rooms until they have the points, which they do not have at this time. It is my understanding that they have quite a lot of people who want to rent points but not enough members to rent points out right now so that is probably why your points rented so quickly. We are all on the edge of our seats waiting in a queue for new members to sell their points right now :)

You and me both! They warned me about the same thing. And we're trying to get VGC which is pretty hard given how few rooms they have. I'm probably going to make a hotel reservation soon just as a back-up.

Can I just google David's rentals because I just realized that I have 162 banked points which need to be used by 7-31-13 and I know that we won't be able to use them either in Florida or elsewhere. Thanks!

I am also in same boat. Points not available for 18th - 20th December
Correspondence from Davids has been fantastic, but I may also hold a ressie with a backup hotel as we will be flying home to Australia on the 20h
Can't wait !

I listed some points with David's for rental at AKV and within two days they'd found someone and I'd booked the room. I agree it was very easy to work with David's and I'd do it again if I needed to rent my points.

Of course at this point I've booked a December trip for myself that's taking all my AKV points and at 7 months I'll try to change to BLT with my VGC points added in so I won't have points to rent out for awhile now :rotfl:

Can I just google David's rentals because I just realized that I have 162 banked points which need to be used by 7-31-13 and I know that we won't be able to use them either in Florida or elsewhere. Thanks!

I would look for Davids dvc rentals. There is another david company in the US.
Let us know if they rent as fast as mine. Good luck!

I think I would like to use his site as well, but I am confused.... Do I as the owner, make the ressie, or does David? How is that easier than posting on the Rent/trade board here? thanks!

Candace said:
I think I would like to use his site as well, but I am confused.... Do I as the owner, make the ressie, or does David? How is that easier than posting on the Rent/trade board here? thanks!

You make the reservation.

It is much easier than the R/T board in several ways. First, you get ALL of the info you need to book the rental the first time; there is no back and forth with the renter filling in the blanks. Second, you don't need to discuss / explain / negotiate terms with the renter. You get half of your money up front and the balance when they checkin.

Having rented out points several times "on my own", I will never do it again because David's was so easy and fast.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone feel like the unbalance supply (DVC owners) and demand (renters) of DVC point (not enough owners compared to renters) may trigger any price adjustment? I mean, this is principle of economics, no?

Just a thought - make the rental price $14pp, and payment to owner $11pp may solve the unbalance supply/demand issue, no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter