• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Very Early Meet - Aug 26, 2007 Wonder

oh for gods sake, whats going on with dean? anyone worried? i am leaving on saturday and as far as orlando looks now, the weather is stable, chance of t-storms is 20-30 % each day, pretty standard i think for orlando, hopefully dean will pass by then, but they can change. hoping it doesnt ruin castaway cay or nassau - anyone else have better updates? i didnt look into erin, but i think thats heading towards texas? if anyone has any information - please keep us updated
thanks
colleen

Weather.com is still showing Dean moving west, south of Puerto Rico. Hoping that it will move on through in the coming week. :thumbsup2

Just received cruise docs and we leave in less than 24 hours.:cool1:

Martha,
Have a safe trip down!! So jealous you are leaving already---I have 6 1/2 long days left to wait! ahhhhhh....I am already mentally on vacation anyway! Don't forget your beautiful sign!! Can't wait to see it in person!! Have fun at the parks. We'll be there Thursday afternoon.

We leave on Wednesday. Hopefully Dean and Erin's wrath will be all done and everyone will be spared.

We'll see you at Martha's sign!!!

I must be the last one leaving....

My flight is not until Saturday afternoon.

Were doing the parks after the cruise.

I am not leaving until Saturday either. I spent all day yesterday packing since I have to work everyday this week. Seems unbelievable that I will be getting married one week from today!:banana:

Can't wait to get there!:hourglass

We are leaving Wednesday morning (driving down) and get to Orlando on Thursday. I can't believe that we have been planning this for a year and a half and there is only one day left.:banana: :banana: :banana:

We leave on Friday night, just found this thread. I am extremely worried about the weather as we have a room reserved for the comfort suites in Nassau to do Atlantis on the 27th and I would hate to have bad weather on our Castaway Cay day. :sad2: This is the vacation of a lifetime for us and I just want everything to go alright. BTW, it will be my DH, myself and 2 DD's 9 & 6 going on the 4 night cruise first then spending 4 days in WDW (I know we are doing it backward, lol.) Praying for nice weather!!:scared:

We have two rooms reserved at the Comfort Suites in Nassau as well. We figure that we will have a great time regardless of the weather, that is one great thing about a water park, you are already wet. You'll have fun no matter what.:dance3:

We leave on Friday night, just found this thread. I am extremely worried about the weather as we have a room reserved for the comfort suites in Nassau to do Atlantis on the 27th and I would hate to have bad weather on our Castaway Cay day. :sad2: This is the vacation of a lifetime for us and I just want everything to go alright. BTW, it will be my DH, myself and 2 DD's 9 & 6 going on the 4 night cruise first then spending 4 days in WDW (I know we are doing it backward, lol.) Praying for nice weather!!:scared:

We are near carbon copies.... We are at Comfort Suites. I have DDs 5 and 8. And I am doing the parks (5days) after the cruise.

What was the cancellation policy there?

We are near carbon copies.... We are at Comfort Suites. I have DDs 5 and 8. And I am doing the parks (5days) after the cruise.

What was the cancellation policy there?

My confirmation says I have until Wednesday 8/22 at 4pm local time to cancel. I believe it would probably be the same for you since we are going on the same day, lol. So that means cancel by tomorrow! I don't know what to do! I have my fingers crossed that it will work out for everyone.:scared:

Leaving tomorrow morning at 6am for Beach Club. All packed, door sign made, games for the plane and video ipod all charged and ready. We are READY to go! My niece is bouncing off the walls today.
:jumping1: It will be a long night for her tonight! :hyper2: See you all at Martha's sign! :wave2:

We're the 3rd carbon copy!!!!

Leaving England Saturday (staying in the Residence Inn night before the cruise) then after cruise have 15 days in Orlando (have rented a villa) before heading back to the UK

Also have 2 daughters 10 & 8 & a son aged 5!!!!!

Noot long to go now (& not even thought about packing yet!!!!!!):scared1:

weather.com says only 40% chance of rain in The Bahamas on Mon and Tues.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Here are the details of my trip:
The day before vacation I went to Atlantic City and won about $1500 playing blackjack. Took the 3AM bus home. Snoozed until 10AM.

I tried to print out my boarding passes. The website wont let me... hmmm... maybe its too close to the flight time. Loaded up the car (with a suitcase in a suitcase to have extra space for gifts - excellent DIS tip). Decided to check online if the flight was on time. "The flight is CANCELLED!" And JetBlue only has one other flight into Jacksonville that day at like 10PM! Call JetBlue, and they agree to fly me into Orlando (granted Budget Rent a Car wanted $80 more for the car out of MCO over JAX). The flight to Orlando was delayed for quite a while, but we finally took off!

When we finally got our rent a car I shouldve returned it (my brother always says to refuse the first car they give you - after you see it - as they will usually always give you a newer or better car sencond time around). The car was definitely used by a smoker... whatever... we were in our room at the Cocoa Beach Hilton by 11PM with Happy Meals in Hand.

Got up early on Sun AM. Bought a 24 pack of water, put it in the empty suitcase, got some Dunkin Donuts and went back to the room. From there we went to 10:15 mass at Our Savior RC Church in Cape Canaveral (I highly recommend this Church... it was a very warm parish). Then headed to the terminal.

Day 1 - Went to Beach Blanket Buffet for lunch. (the DW was very happy to see the hand cleaning stations everywhere... she is a bit of a hypocondriach). Took a walk around. Slipped into swim suits. Went to Mickey Pool. Just as the kids went up to the slide, some kid did #2 in the pool and closed it on us. Went to Goofy pool. Older DD loved it. Little DD loved the hot tub (well one of the hot tubs was the HOT tub... the other was the warm tub... she liked the warm tub). Went to the room. CAT6... Love the verandah.. then to the sail away party... it was at this time that I realized we were really going to have a blast on this boat. Back to the room... unpack... where's the fancy door magnet I created? DARN! Then to Triton's... the food was really good! Then the Max Winfrey show. AWESOME! We were going to give the Oceaneer Club a try... just then Capt Hook was chasing some of the kids around and totally scared the pants off my little DD I mean she was inconsolably scared! She "wanted to go home". Uh oh! She went to the room with DW and I took the bigger DD to the Club (and she loved it).

Day 2 - Nassau - Breakfast at Parrot Cay, "Daddy is Captain Hook going to be there?" "No". And off get a cab to Comfort Suites. We rented a "day room" (we never actually saw the room) but the "room" gives you access to all the pools at the Atlantis. And the pools / slides are awesome! I highly recommend this over any Nassau excursion. Back for dinner at Animators... Dress Up Nite... uh oh.. forgot to pack a button down shirt... oh well... it was awesome anyway... Then off to the Family Dance Party with music from High School Muscial! Then Hercules. Then HSM2 on the Ariel View TV! Then back to the room and ordered in some Uncrustables! Wow what a day!

Day 3 - Castaway Cay - Breakfast at Parrot Cay, "Daddy is Captain Hook going to be there?" "uhhhhh No" (call 7-PALS to make sure! ok debark after 10:30 as he's at the Post Office then and avoid the gangway at 2). Decide against any of the excursions as we want to experince CC in the raw. Do Family Beach. Kids have a blast in the water... collecting shells and just having fun. It was so nice! Lunch at Cookies. A little shopping. Walk slowly back to the boat (its around 2). Go to post office to send out some post cards. Relax in room. Pirates Dinner in Animators! A blast! Check out Shutters. Start to make our pile of photos (DIS tip) (thank goodness they took pictures, as we were having too much fun and were not taking nearly enough pictures). Golden Mickeys. AWESOME! Pirates in the Carribean Party! Yeah! "Daddy is Captain Hook going to be there?" "uhhhhh". When Hook shows up she was flipping out... but after the fireworks I was able to calm her down enough to enjoy some time in the arcade.

Day 4 - At Sea - Get Up Late - Cancel 6:30 Palo ressie as there is no way little one will do "Escape from Hook" at the Oceaneers. Do Parrot Cay for breakfast. Do the pools. Finally use the Mickey Slide. Send the DW for a foot massage. Then evenutally some kid pukes in the Mickey pool (sounds like a trend here). No problem, off to lunch at the Beach Blanket. Then to the Goofy Pool to watch HSM1 on the Big Screen.. play foosball... ping pong.... arcade... I like the at sea days. DW says "I may actually like this (DCL) better than WDW". Back to room.. then off to Parrot Cay.. then make a deposit at Shutters... and another deposit to book a cruise to get a 10% disc + the OBC (I booked the 2009 7 day new years cruise... I may actually go on it!!!). Play some shuffle board. See Disney Dreams. WOW! Do the Till We Meet Again in the Atruim... Little one loses it when Hook comes down the stairs... so DD gets the Hook and goes to the room with DW (she starts to pack). Me and big DD do pics and autographs and have a grand time. Back to room. Order some food (inculding a thermos of coffee which was still hot in the AM.. a good DIS tip). Put luggage out at like 12:30... and there is no other luggage outside of any other room... will we have to drag it down in the AM?

Day 5 - Luggage is not in the hallway! Go fetch the car and off to WDW! I do notice for the first time a small dent on the rent a car. And yes, Budget is trying to pin the dent on me! I usually go over my rentacar with a fine tooth comb when they give it to me, but I was so tired with the cancellation and air delays I didnt bother. So between the $80 upcharge, smokers car, and sticking me with a dent that I did not do... I think this may be my last rental with Budget.

Anyway, other than Capt Hook (and the missing door magnet... and the rental car) the DCL was absolutely perfect are counting down the days till our next one!

I have photos, but they won't let you put them in until you get over 10 posts apparently.

Oh well, the epic trip report is coming, I promise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter