Vero Beach Adoration & Information Thread 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your responses jnepfle and DisDaydreamer. I would definitely appreciate seeing some photos. I suppose there is always a chance that they will be replaced before we go later this year.

Hannah

Congratulations and enjoy. Have a great visit.pirate:

somebody remind me...I know it's on here somewhere but 35 pages seems like a lot to search through...
What nights are campfire nights? Trying to plan dinners with family, but don't want to miss a campfire night.

I know Wednesday night is definitely a campfire night........not sure of the others.....I want to say Monday and Friday, but, I'm not totally sure of that. Wednesday I know for sure.

I can say definately for Monday's because we were there a couple of weeks ago and went on a Monday night. It was a lot of fun for the kids.

Mon,Wed,Frid,Sat. They will also cancel it if it is too windy.
(They will also move the poolside movie indoors to Community hall)

Is, there a place that you can get coffee and breakfast stuff. like at WDW world resorts!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????

We are at Vero Beach right now! We went to the campfire tonight and it was a lot of fun. The beach is great. The waves were pretty tame today. We were hoping for more waves because we were trying to use the boogie boards and could barely catch anything.

We love it here! Especially my 7 year old niece. We did a bead craft today and made anklets, a necklace, and two keychains. She also made a seashell bag and painted a mug. She is having a blast!

There are shells all over the beach. She has an entire bucket full of really nice shells.

We ate at the Green Cabin Room for dinner. It was okay. My DH and brother had the wings and thought they were good. My niece and I had a flatbread and artichoke dip. I thought it was decent, she didn't like it at all. We had some good drinks there though!!!

We leave tomorrow to go to WDW till the 30th. We plan to get up early to enjoy our last day at the beach. I hope it's not raining!

We took this picture off our vacation home deck.
2813391950049252293PLuQhY

Wow great photo. The outflow from that storm almost looks like a possible waterspout.

Krista....thanks for the mini TR. Hope the rain holds off for you. Have fun in WDW :thumbsup2

Nice photos MnParrothead
smiley_kewlpics-1.jpg

Was that a pic of a jellyfish or man 'o war I also saw in your album ? Yikes !
:scared1:

Well, I moved the dates of VB trip. My husband decided he didn't want to take two full weeks off of work. Our dates didn't make sense as we were originally leaving on a Monday and returning home on a Friday...We were giving up two weekends and taking more days off work. So, I managed to change our flights with no penalty because the original one got canceled anyways. Our dates for WDW remained the same, but we put Vero at the end of our trip, instead of at the beginning. So, we will arrive in VB on Oct. 10 and leave on Sunday, Oct. 12, giving us only two fully days at the beach. Oh well, that's what we had before, we just had three nights.

So, maybe someone could change me on the calendar.

Also, anyone know anything about golf there?

Not much help here. Space High handicapper that when finding the time to play nowadays as far as public courses go have hacked away at nearby Sebastian Municipal and Sandridge Golf Club. Hopefully somebody here who is a big golfer can help you out. Enjoy your trip. pirate:

http://www.sandridgegc.com/

We always drive to FL. Stopping at Vero for a few days gives us a chance to relax before the bustle of WDW. Most of my pictures are of waves - DH always hijacks the camera at the beach. This year we will be there 11/20-24.
Meg

MiaSRN32...thank you for the link here..I'm going to read it now :)

I hate to do this but wanted to say I will not be able to make it to VB at the end of July like I had planned. My wonderful 2 weeks in Orlando followed by 5 nights at VB have been cancelled. My son has to have rotator cuff surgery so we are having to change our plans.

Now I know I have to call at the 7 month mark to get ds a nice trip to his favorite place for next summer. I can't go another year without a visit to VB.

I hate to do this but wanted to say I will not be able to make it to VB at the end of July like I had planned. My wonderful 2 weeks in Orlando followed by 5 nights at VB have been cancelled. My son has to have rotator cuff surgery so we are having to change our plans.

Now I know I have to call at the 7 month mark to get ds a nice trip to his favorite place for next summer. I can't go another year without a visit to VB.

Ohhhhhh loribell:worried: so sorry you have to miss your trip, it sounded wonderful.. We had to cancel our trip in May so I know how you feel:( Funny thing is, once May passed I was happy to know that my Sept trip was just around the corner.. be it a looooooooooong corner:faint: So, get to planning your next adventure :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter