VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

There is a Pirate Night on the 4th and I am also curious about other activities. They told me no turtle walk on the 4th.:guilty:

Roll Call check-in: We'll be there in a 1BR 7/4 - 7/6, with the night of 7/3 waitlisted. It's our second stay at VB. Can anyone tell me about activities on the Fourth of July? Will there be a Pirate Night at Shutters that night, since it's a Monday? How do I reserve that?

Thanks for all the info!

Does anyone know if the 3 rooms in the middle of the triangle are considered Garden View Inn Rooms? Per the front desk, I requested "Pool View" and have 3 rooms booked...hoping to get these three. Any info you may have would be great! I assume they are on the 3rd floor. We will be there June 25 - July 2!

View attachment 161755
Yes, those are third floor rooms. Not sure what category they are in, but they should be Garden View. You might want to call the hotel directly to find out for sure.

Received an e mail from resort about our May stay. E mail stated that Sonyas will be closing, but didn't specify date. It said "invite you to visit Shutters, our table-service restaurant which will feature many Guest Favorite dishes from Sonyas". We shall see, really looking forward to our trip!:goodvibes:beach:

Hello! We are thinking of trying VB for the first time next April. I will not have enough points left, so I was going to try for a cash reservation. I have a few questions:
First, do DVC members typically get a discount if paying cash?
Second, what are the options here for a family of 5? I assume we have to get a 1-bedroom? What is the sleeping configuration? King, sofa bed and sleeper chair?
Third, we are thinking about splitting this stay with a stay at Universal. How far is the ride from VB to Orlando?

Thanks!

We just had dinner at the resort. Sonya's closes permanently tomorrow. The new plans for everything sound really exciting. There are 2-3 semi trailers parked at the resort and many people unpacking what look like cushions, paintings, etc. for the rooms.

One of the CMs said dinner will be served in one of the banquet rooms while the renovations are happening and possibly breakfast in the Green Cabin Room. The market that is going into Sonya's location sounds nice. I guess the one area at Shutters will have televisions and high top tables. New pool bar sounds exciting.

We will be there July 3-8, OVIR, with extended family staying in a 1-bedroom. Trying to understand the food changes for summer. Will there be poolside food/beverages available? The kids have always loved the poolside snackbar. This will be our 3rd trip! Counting the days!!

Does anyone know of a completion date for the restaurant rehabs? Will be there last full week in August and wife is not a happy person about Bleachers possibly being closed.
Thank you
Bill

We will be arriving on June 8th for our first visit to VB. We will be staying in a OVIR. Please add us to the roll call.
Are all these rooms direct ocean views? I've asked for an upper room when I did our online check in. Thanks.

Please add us to your roll call :)
June 12-17
one bedroom villa
11th consecutive trip!!

We'll be coming in in the 13th and staying until the 15th....you'll know us by the dazed and confused looks upon our faces. lol We're bringing 13 people with us....ages 26, 23, 21, 17, 13, 12, 5 and 6 actual adults- the first three don't count, they still are on our "payroll". If you have kids and they're bored look us up!

Roll Call...
June 13-15, 2 bd, and 2 ocean view inn rooms
Ending our WDW stay with some downtime.

t
We'll be coming in in the 13th and staying until the 15th....you'll know us by the dazed and confused looks upon our faces. lol We're bringing 13 people with us....ages 26, 23, 21, 17, 13, 12, 5 and 6 actual adults- the first three don't count, they still are on our "payroll". If you have kids and they're bored look us up!
You have a BIG group, that's for certain! ENJOY:woohoo:, great wind down after the hectic parks! :beach: CAN'T WAIT for our stay as well, will have only 1 of our DS, almost 21 for this portion of the trip as a "wind down" from Universal with both adult sons. Really looking forward to spending a daytrip heading to Jupiter to visit with our niece and 4 young sons, my DS CAN'T WAIT to spend time with his younger "second cousins". This will be our second visit to VB, loved the relaxing feel after WDW, 6 years ago.:banana:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter