• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VERO BEACH 2016 Information & Adoration Thread

We're going June 4-11, any idea if the pool bar and shutters will be open then? Why on earth are they closing the restaurants during the summer months?

The timing is unfortunate for our summer visit but I hope they have something planned for the pool area. Closing Sonya's first could be a sign that they will put in the new counter service area before closing Bleachers. That could also be why they have not announced a definitive date for closing Bleachers and Shutters.

Honestly, I think this makes a lot of sense and could be a real positive for the resort by providing a bigger variety of family friendly food options in the evening. As good as Sonya's menu looked (I never went because prices were too rich for my blood) I never saw it getting a lot of traffic during my many visits to the resort. The plan described above seems like a much better use of the space/resources as families will be able to just pick up a family meal as they head back to their villa from the beach or get one to enjoy poolside before the campfire sing-a-long. I think being able to do this and not have to get everyone showered and changed to dine out will be very appealing to a lot of families, especially those staying in the Inn where they don't have full kitchens to cook for themselves. The resort culinary team may be able to upgrade the Shutters menu so those looking for a finer dining option will at least have the culinary portion, if not the full experience. Burgers and other "pub grub" type items could still be available at the Green Cabin Room. If done right, the resort could see a significant increase of guests remaining at the resort instead of going off-property to dine every night.

Options for the new Shutters menu would include the most popular options from Sonya's.

Perhaps I am reading these posts incorrectly, but I thought the discussed closing pertains to Sonyas.:scratchin Isn't my assumption correct that there would be no impact on Shutters or pool bar other than perhaps an expansion of menu at Shutters?:confused3 Thanks if anyone has additional clarification.:goodvibes

I'm relieved to hear that it is just Sonya's being affected. We arrive on 5/1, so obviously we are impacted. However, as long as Shutters is open, the we are good. If they add some of the Sonya items to the menu ..... Even better.

Perhaps I am reading these posts incorrectly, but I thought the discussed closing pertains to Sonyas.:scratchin Isn't my assumption correct that there would be no impact on Shutters or pool bar other than perhaps an expansion of menu at Shutters?:confused3 Thanks if anyone has additional clarification.:goodvibes

Sonya's is closing in April and Beaches and Shutters are closing in June. It seems all will be closed together most of the summer.
See the link below

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...model-coming-to-disneys-vero-beach-resort.htm

We will be at Vero in early August, and one of my favorite things to do on a vacation is sit and eat at the side of a pool. I am sure they will be offering cooked food at the pool for at least lunch. We will have a kitchen, but I will not be very happy if I have to go back to the room to make lunch. Takes the fun out of it for me. Not that any of you asked, just saying. :)

Anyone have any clue on what is going to happen with the Pirate Dinner at Shutters? I made reservations months ago for our July stay and I have not heard anything regarding this. I can understand needing upgrading facilities, but closing all dining at once(in what is most likely one of the busiest seasons) seems a little crazy to me. I don't know the layout of Vero or how the restaurants are situated but do they all share 1 kitchen?

Anyone have any clue on what is going to happen with the Pirate Dinner at Shutters? I made reservations months ago for our July stay and I have not heard anything regarding this. I can understand needing upgrading facilities, but closing all dining at once(in what is most likely one of the busiest seasons) seems a little crazy to me. I don't know the layout of Vero or how the restaurants are situated but do they all share 1 kitchen?
The Pirate Dinner will still be going on but will be held in one of the banquet rooms, I'm not sure if Shutters will be operating out of the banquet room as well

Ill be arriving in a week! Woohoo! Can't wait for our first trip. I'll report back about noise, construction where I can :)
Enjoy, beautiful time of year! Will you be staying in the Inn or the villas?:confused3 Anxious to hear about the progress of villa renovations.:woohoo:

Just made reservations for Pirate Dinner on 4th of July - since the restaurants won't be open I wanted to be sure to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter