Vero Beach 2015 Information & Adoration Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jsantini....IMHO

I am at Vero now and have been for the last 2 weeks. This is my 1st time here & last.
I live by the Atlantic Ocean in NJ and know how dangerous the waters can be.
That said, I sadly see no difference in the water color or wave action here and the drop off's to deeper water come up quickly. Only the palm trees show me I'm in Fla.

When I have stayed in the Ft. Lauderdale area or further south on many occasions.....the water is gorgeous with many combinations of blue color....and the waves very calm and you can walk a fairly long distance into the surf..safely.

This is "not" the place to have kids on the beach besides there's no lifeguards. If you want to only get your toes wet & make sand castles...then OK.
If I were splitting a stay...taking kids....I would definitely do the "west coast". There's sooo much more to do and the Gulf is beautiful, wonderful & calm.

I agree about the color of the water and drop offs during this time of year. I visited Vero the first time in January and vowed never again. Like you, I noticed the similiarities to the beaches here in RI and prefer the beaches of South Florida. But with that said, we stayed in Vero in August and what a huge difference! The water was much more blue, did not notice any drop offs, but that will change with the tides. We had a great time and will go again this June. I'll post a pic if I can.

Some beach pics including renovation shots that I thought all would like to see.....taken last Friday/Saturday...
...yes...they are working weekends!! All work starts around 7AM and only at low tide..

DSC_5953.jpg

DSC_5860.jpg

DSC_5948.jpg

DSC_6386.jpg

DSC_6404.jpg

I looked at price for renting points for later this year and it does not seem to be much difference price wise than rack rate. Is there a good way to get a discounted room at Vero? Do they offer discounts for Disney Visa or triple A? Slow seasons?

I looked at price for renting points for later this year and it does not seem to be much difference price wise than rack rate. Is there a good way to get a discounted room at Vero? Do they offer discounts for Disney Visa or triple A? Slow seasons?

I'm curious about this too. I've heard that there are occasionally AP holder discounts, but I've not been able to find any historical information about when they might occur.

Our first stay at Disney's HH resort was because of a Disney Visa special. It was for a stay in October and we went over Halloween. We fell in love with it. It's been at least 5 years since we used that offer, but it seems to me that there was a VB component to the offer as well. We booked it during the summer, because I remember we were at our Cape May home while making the reservation.

Has anyone ever driven from West Palm Beach Airport to Disney's Vero Beach Resort? We are considering doing this as opposed to flying into Orlando. Thanks.

When driving here from MCO, are there toll roads that we will be on? Are these ones that can be paid in cash or will we need to have the electronic pass (sorry, SunPass it's called maybe?) from the rental car company?

Has anyone ever driven from West Palm Beach Airport to Disney's Vero Beach Resort? We are considering doing this as opposed to flying into Orlando. Thanks.
We have flown into Melbourne (MLB) when going to Vero. It is a easy 40 minute drive and can pass by Walmart, Publix and CVS to pick up groceries or other items. Only Delta and USAIR fly into Melbourne.

When driving here from MCO, are there toll roads that we will be on? Are these ones that can be paid in cash or will we need to have the electronic pass (sorry, SunPass it's called maybe?) from the rental car company?
Yes there are tolls but you can pay with cash. We usually bring quarters to go through the exact change lane. I cant remeber exactly how much but not more than a few dollars. If you are coming from the world it would be a few dollars more. I will check the exact amount when we travel in March

Yes there are tolls but you can pay with cash. We usually bring quarters to go through the exact change lane. I cant remeber exactly how much but not more than a few dollars. If you are coming from the world it would be a few dollars more. I will check the exact amount when we travel in March

Thanks so much for the info!!

Can anyone tell me the price for Shutter's Sunday Beachside Brunch. Any other info about the brunch would be great too, thanks. :)

I have been to NJ beaches MANY times and in March I thought the ocean to be much bluer and more beautiful than in NJ. I definitely did not need the palm trees to let me know I was in Florida.

Jsantini....IMHO

I am at Vero now and have been for the last 2 weeks. This is my 1st time here & last.
I live by the Atlantic Ocean in NJ and know how dangerous the waters can be.
That said, I sadly see no difference in the water color or wave action here and the drop off's to deeper water come up quickly. Only the palm trees show me I'm in Fla.

When I have stayed in the Ft. Lauderdale area or further south on many occasions.....the water is gorgeous with many combinations of blue color....and the waves very calm and you can walk a fairly long distance into the surf..safely.

This is "not" the place to have kids on the beach besides there's no lifeguards. If you want to only get your toes wet & make sand castles...then OK.
If I were splitting a stay...taking kids....I would definitely do the "west coast". There's sooo much more to do and the Gulf is beautiful, wonderful & calm.

I have been to NJ beaches MANY times and in March I thought the ocean to be much bluer and more beautiful than in NJ. I definitely did not need the palm trees to let me know I was in Florida.

Ditto, There are NO blue waters from NY state line to Delaware ( along the Jersey SHore ) that is... Sad to say this, but true.

Awesome, thank you!

Anyone have pictures of the food? Trying to convince family members to go with us to the Sunday brunch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter