Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there two weeks ago. I didn't see any sand toys that were available. I did see some for sale in the store onsite... which probably means there aren't any "free" sand toys. They did have "noodles" and life jackets at the pool for anybody who wanted or needed one.

- Ken

I have a slight change in my dates for my stay next month. We will now be there on 3/14 -3/17 in an OVIR. We are staying with family for 2 nights before our VB arrival. I'm saving a few points this way and perhaps another stay for a long weekend in the fall.
VB in 16 days!
Deb

We have never done the Sunday Brunch because we are usually not here on Sunday. I did see the Pirate Dinner on the activities schedule for Monday night from 5-9 with Pirate Goofy and Pirate Donald. They also had a seafood buffet set up for tonight and a Character Breakfast with Goofy and Donald on Sat morning.

BTW we did have dinner at MoBay Grill and we really enjoyed it. DH and I both had different fish dishes that were cooked perfectly. I had a grilled jerk Mahi and DH had pan seared grouper in brown butter and pecans. They were very kid friendly with a kids menu that had about 10 items (mac & cheese, grilled cheese, spaghetti and meatballs, pizza, etc) so don't be scared about bringing the kids. It's a small place with only about 12 tables.

Did it say on there how much the pirate dinner was? or do you remember? thanks

I believe it was $16.99 for the kids and maybe $24.99 for the adults... I know with four kids and three adults it was a hefty ticket...

2. Are there sand toys to borrow (like at Castsway Cay?)

Thanks again everyone! We are very excited! :cheer2:

No, no sand toys to borrow. However, you can purchase them locally - CVS just down the road, and WalMart (I believe it is in Sebastian?) come to mind. Not sure about dollar stores in the area, but that might be another good place.

Have a great trip!

I was there two weeks ago. I didn't see any sand toys that were available. I did see some for sale in the store onsite... which probably means there aren't any "free" sand toys. They did have "noodles" and life jackets at the pool for anybody who wanted or needed one.

- Ken

Also if you get the kids meal at Beachers it comes with a small bucket.

Thanks everyone!

We decided to just pack the sand toys. We bought them on the Cruise and the kids love them, so best to bring them than have to buy them again!
:)

Flying out to WDW on Sunday and then a week to the drive to VB!!! :yay:

Sorry for all the questions this week... but I have started packing!!!

I have 2 questions before I take up luggage space with items that are at the resort.
1. Are there beach/pool towels provided?
2. Are there sand toys to borrow (like at Castsway Cay?)

Thanks again everyone! We are very excited! :cheer2:

The last two years we were there (8/11 was our most recent trip) there were sand toys to borrow. We borrowed toys both times from Flo's. They were nothing fancy - just some shovels and buckets - but were good enough for my husband and DD to use to build a sandcastle.

:banana: We are heading to VB for the first time this summer. Poking our toes in the water with a split stay. We'll be there June 20-22, after spending the first part of the week at BLT. (And a night at HHI on the way home, so is that a triple stay? Dunno - but I can't wait!) Thanks for all the info, will be stalking a lot!

:banana: We are heading to VB for the first time this summer. Poking our toes in the water with a split stay. We'll be there June 20-22, after spending the first part of the week at BLT. (And a night at HHI on the way home, so is that a triple stay? Dunno - but I can't wait!) Thanks for all the info, will be stalking a lot!

Got you added to the roll call. Perhaps you'll be "lurking" not "Stalking"... I think stalking is illegal in most states. :upsidedow

Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! We are returning to VB this coming July for a week of relaxation and when I say I can NOT wait.....I really really mean it!!!! :rotfl2:

When we have stayed at VB in the past we have brought our own fold up beach chairs. The resort chairs and umbrellas look so much nicer and more comfortable then what we had. We also noticed that the resort chairs were all taken by late morning. So... I am wondering if you can reserve chairs and umbrellas before you arrive for the duration of the visit? The resort is very full the week we are going (I was told I got the last open room - who knows how accurate it is, but I am guessing it could be busy) and I'd like to have a chair claimed without having to get up at the crack of dawn to reserve one.

I apologize if this was posted previously - I haven't read the entire post.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

I am wondering if you can reserve chairs and umbrellas before you arrive for the duration of the visit?

I assume you're talking about the chairs/umbrellas that are actually on the oceanside beach?...you cannot reserve them in advance of your arrival, but multiple sources say that once you arrive you can reserve in advance by going to the rental hut on the boardwalk leading to the beach and making your reservations there.

HTH

We are headed for our first stay at VB on March 28 for 3 nights.

That day is my DSIL's birthday. Any suggestions for a romantic restaurant for the two of them (or a fun restaurant if they take their girls)?

Thanks

I assume you're talking about the chairs/umbrellas that are actually on the oceanside beach?...you cannot reserve them in advance of your arrival, but multiple sources say that once you arrive you can reserve in advance by going to the rental hut on the boardwalk leading to the beach and making your reservations there.

HTH

Thanks - I was referring to the ocean lounge chairs. I will do that then. Much appreciated :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! Going to VB for the first time April 1 - 7 for spring break. Have been trying to talk DH into this for months and he finally agreed. We are using part DVC points and part cash reservations due to limited availability. Have a question regarding the room types. The cash system has 2 studio types: Inn OV or Deluxe studio. The DVC site has 3 studio types: Inn garden, Inn OV, and deluxe studio. We have Inn garden by points and deluxe studio by cash. I called the cash reservation number and they indicated the deluxe studio could either be the Inn or villa, based on availability. They also indicated they would note both reservations and try and keep us in one room for the length of stay. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am fearful that they will switch rooms on us mid-stay.

So excited! Our wait list came through and we're headed down in GVIR April 2-5. This is our 3rd trip to VB, myself, DH, DS8 & DS3.

Does anyone happen to know the room numbers that are IRGV above Bleachers? We had one last year that was directly above the bar canopy overlooking the pool that was fantastic and would love to request something on that same side this year.

We will be there in late September. Does anyone know if they have any of the special dining options (character meals, pirate dinner) during the off season? I think my son would love them.
Thanks!

We will be there in late September. Does anyone know if they have any of the special dining options (character meals, pirate dinner) during the off season? I think my son would love them.
Thanks!

They will "for sure" have the Saturday morning Character breakfast, and the Sunday morning Brunch. They are likely to have the seafood buffet on Thursdays. I'm not sure when the pirate dinner ends (seasonally)

HTH

..... We have Inn garden by points and deluxe studio by cash. I called the cash reservation number and they indicated the deluxe studio could either be the Inn or villa, based on availability. They also indicated they would note both reservations and try and keep us in one room for the length of stay. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am fearful that they will switch rooms on us mid-stay.

So long as the reservations are linked - you will more than likely not have to switch rooms. Of course there's no way to know this for sure until the time comes - you will have to "check in and check out" meaning that you settle your account from the first reservation and re-check in for the 2nd - but 96% + of my experience has been you won't have to physically move.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter