Vero Beach 2012 thread closed... see 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone!
We're headed back to vero for Easter weekend. Well be there between April 6 and April 10.

I had a quick question. The first time we went to vero was aug 2010. During that trip we couldn't help but notice how slow and spotty the Internet was in our 1br villa (we were in building 14). Has the service been improved at all since then or should we expect similar service?

Hey everyone!
We're headed back to vero for Easter weekend. Well be there between April 6 and April 10.

I had a quick question. The first time we went to vero was aug 2010. During that trip we couldn't help but notice how slow and spotty the Internet was in our 1br villa (we were in building 14). Has the service been improved at all since then or should we expect similar service?

answered your question on the other thread you posted concerning this.
:)

Well, our California trip fell through. However, Dec 28 - Jan 2 in an OVIR will be a nice consolation prize. :thumbsup2

Hey everyone!

We went to VB a few years ago and it was great. We were thinking about returning next year during Easter week. Are studios available at Vero Easter week at 7 months out?

Hey everyone!

We were in an OVIR last March - service was horrid. DH had to track down their IT guy to help him download one file - never happened. Service kept dropping and he never did get it done. It was a bit of an issue for us - since it was work-related - so after apologizing to our client we managed to put it off until we got home. We actually thought of finding a local hojo - just to check in and get their wifi access.

We'll be back on Sunday :cool1: and expect more of the same. Although at least this year we expect poor service and aren't counting on being able to have access in case we have to get some work done while away. We're self-employed - so no one covers for us at the office when we're gone.

I'll update if it's any better (that would be a pleasant surprise!)

We were there at Xmas and had no problem at all. My son was able to video chat with his friend, we used the inernet a lot at the pool, no issues.

Started out our Vero/OKW adventure Saturday, March 10 after arriving in Orlando on a delayed flight from STL. By the time we got to bed (clocks moving forward) it was 3 a.m. We are usually at the pool at 8 a.m. when we stay at Vero...woke up at 8:30 (my husband very rarely sleeps past 5 a.m.) it started pouring rain....we were not too upset to go back to sleep. Unfortunately, it rained all day, but now we have a good rested 1st day of vacation. I plan, plan, plan our trips....so onto Plan B. We had the best meal we've ever had over 15 years of visiting the resort multiple times a year. FISHACK in Vero Beach had very mixed reviews on tripadvisor, but I decided to take a chance. So glad we did and will go back next month. It is a fun laid back atmosphere with casual to upscale items. We did both from the lightly battered Fish & Chips (which I would order with their veggie/rice side next time) to the Balsamic Mango Laqurered Salmon for DH and Aegean Style Mahi for DD. I am not a fan usually of salmon and mahi (often fishy tasting) but I would have ordered either entree. They also have yummy desserts. Service was also excellent.

Thanks to the helpful info from this thread, we now have a reservation for the pirate dinner on April 2nd! I know my kids would have been disappointed if we hadn't found out about it in advance.

Amanda

We were at VB a few weeks ago and had a terrible time using the internet in our room. Signal strength was close to non-existant. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool.

I took my laptop to the lobby and signal strength was fine. They need to install more wireless hubs!

In May we will be staying at Vero beach for the very first time. My brother and family will be staying here also but on a different reservation. We are both DVC owners and we wanted to try it out for two nights. But I have a few questions. First right now we are planning on staying in a Inn room but strongly considering moving up to a 1 bedroom if available. Is this a good move. I am thinking that I might be able to buy some groceries and safe a little bit of money by eating breakfast and lunch out of the room. Plus I love the idea of the washer and dryer in the rooms. So here is my questions. Is moving up to a one bedroom a good idea? Also are all one bedrooms views facing the ocean? I was reading that 3rd floor is something to request but do they have elevators in the buildings? Is there any one bedrooms that anyone suggests? Last any suggestions for my family? I have a 13 year old son and my brother is in the Army and has two little girls (that I haven’t seen in two years) and this is our family time before they move to Panama for a year. Any activities that you suggest that are free or cheap? Thanks for any input!!

heatherbabydoll1-

At DVB the only "for sure" rooms with an ocean view are the beach cottages and the OVIR's. This said, some of the others will have a partial view - to none....so if mostly desire a good ocean view, I'd stick with the ocean view inn room (OVIR) this is it's own booking catagory. All the buildings at the resort do have elevators, and should you get a one bedroom in a villa building that has at least a part ocean view, that would be better on a higher floor.

Just like at any DVC resort, the kitchen if used can surely save you $$$. But in this case you have to decide whats your number 1 goal (assured view or not). The laundry set up if you're not in a one bedroom is actually very good...depending if you're in the Inn or in a villa building you'd simply hop on the elevator - in the villa buildings each has a laundry room in the basement parking area right next to the elevator - in the Inn It's on the 4th floor (if memory serves me correctly).

As to activities, I'd recommend going to post #1 in this thread. There you'll find a sample of what maybe available resort activities which are mostly low to no cost. Also the Environmental Learning Center is a low cost point of interest as is the Sebastin Inlet state park just north on A1A which includes a Treasure museum.

HTH

In May we will be staying at Vero beach for the very first time. My brother and family will be staying here also but on a different reservation. We are both DVC owners and we wanted to try it out for two nights. But I have a few questions. First right now we are planning on staying in a Inn room but strongly considering moving up to a 1 bedroom if available. Is this a good move. I am thinking that I might be able to buy some groceries and safe a little bit of money by eating breakfast and lunch out of the room. Plus I love the idea of the washer and dryer in the rooms. So here is my questions. Is moving up to a one bedroom a good idea? Also are all one bedrooms views facing the ocean? I was reading that 3rd floor is something to request but do they have elevators in the buildings? Is there any one bedrooms that anyone suggests? Last any suggestions for my family? I have a 13 year old son and my brother is in the Army and has two little girls (that I haven’t seen in two years) and this is our family time before they move to Panama for a year. Any activities that you suggest that are free or cheap? Thanks for any input!!

For 2 nights, I don't think it is worth the effort to go shopping for breakfast. You can do cereal or something simple in the Inn rooms. Also, there's free laundry facilities in the Inn rooms.

I see someone put a large contract up for sale. I sure can't afford it, but it did give me a little time to daydream. Let's see...3 weeks every winter in a 1BR. 6 weeks every other winter in a 1BR. 1 week every year in a BC. Would be nice. Maybe I'll head out and buy a lotto ticket!

Thank you all for your insight. My brother will be staying in a two bedroom and as of right now there is no one bedrooms available for my dates so I am thinking of just upgrading to an ocean front inn room instead and just have cereal, and sandwich stuff in the room. Thanks again for the input

Thank you all for your insight. My brother will be staying in a two bedroom and as of right now there is no one bedrooms available for my dates so I am thinking of just upgrading to an ocean front inn room instead and just have cereal, and sandwich stuff in the room. Thanks again for the input

VB is a very small resort. No matter where your brother is staying, it will be no more than a couple minute walk from your room. Go use his kitchen. He's a nice guy!!!!!

So the internet is still cruddy. Drops every couple of minutes so hopefully this will post.
We're loving it here at Vero!! Gorgeous weather - perfect temps and the sun is great. Pool is busy - lots of people staking spots from early (8am) every morning. Very annoying to see so many books and towels and bags and not a person in sight. oh well...wish the staff would just clear off the tables every half hour or so - really wish they would police that policy better.
So far we've been to dinner at Squidlips (yummy!), Ocean Grill (long wait and good food), and Riverside Cafe (long wait, decent food, great view). We're trying Fish Shack tonight - it's a new one and we're hearing great reports back from other guests so I'll let you know what we think.

DrMomof3 -

Thanks for reminding me. Just made my dinner reservation for 4/2 too! See you there, I'll be the one dressed like a pirate...pirate:

We're loving it here at Vero!! Gorgeous weather - perfect temps and the sun is great. Pool is busy - lots of people staking spots from early (8am) every morning. Very annoying to see so many books and towels and bags and not a person in sight. oh well...wish the staff would just clear off the tables every half hour or so - really wish they would police that policy better.

We were fortunate enough to stay at Aulani for 5 nites in Feb. They REALLY enforce the "a towel does not a reservations make" policy" and remind you of that when you pick up your bracelet (to prove your a guest) and towels. They take books and other personal items to the cental pool tent so guests can re-claim them when they finally notice their deserted camp has been cleared. Loved it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter