• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Verizon Edge Program

When I got my girls' phones, they told me there was a [can't remember amount, but hefty] charge for each phone in addition to what I'd already been told my costs would be. When I asked what it was for, they told me it was for screen protector, case, and SIM card. Really? The phones no longer come with a SIM card? They told me no, they don't, and they have to charge for it. I told them I didn't need the case or the screen protector but they put the screen protector on anyway since it was part of the SIM card package :mad:. They took off the charge for the case but I think they still charged me $25 per phone. I thought I was getting ripped off but I just didn't know, and since you can't use the phone without the SIM card I felt stuck. Their screen protectors aren't that great. Had one replaced twice but it still wants to peel. They use some little box gizmo to put it on. My son put one on my phone 2 years ago and it's only just starting to go. It cost a few bucks for a packet.

When I got my girls' phones, they told me there was a [can't remember amount, but hefty] charge for each phone in addition to what I'd already been told my costs would be. When I asked what it was for, they told me it was for screen protector, case, and SIM card. Really? The phones no longer come with a SIM card? They told me no, they don't, and they have to charge for it. I told them I didn't need the case or the screen protector but they put the screen protector on anyway since it was part of the SIM card package :mad:. They took off the charge for the case but I think they still charged me $25 per phone. I thought I was getting ripped off but I just didn't know, and since you can't use the phone without the SIM card I felt stuck. Their screen protectors aren't that great. Had one replaced twice but it still wants to peel. They use some little box gizmo to put it on. My son put one on my phone 2 years ago and it's only just starting to go. It cost a few bucks for a packet.
I have never heard of that in my life. I think they make commission off the accessories, so try to push those. At Best Buy when I bought my Kindle, the guy sold me a screen protector and put in on for me. When I got home and saw the receipt, he charged $10 to put it on!

I have never heard of that in my life. I think they make commission off the accessories, so try to push those. At Best Buy when I bought my Kindle, the guy sold me a screen protector and put in on for me. When I got home and saw the receipt, he charged $10 to put it on!
So I went ahead and called Verizon about it, and the PP who said there is a big difference between an actual Verizon store and an authorized retailer was correct. I went to an authorized retailer (4G Wireless), so even though it says VERIZON on their sign, they are not an actual Verizon store but a 3rd party outfit. I had my bill, which listed screen protectors, SIM card, and '4G Essentials' package. The cost for SIM cards ($10 each) and screen protectors ($24.99 each for a packet) was removed because I had the '4G Essentials' package ($25 each). As far as I can tell, they are exactly the same thing so they simply removed what would have been a double charge. Anyway, Verizon told me that they can't do anything about charges from a 3rd party but if I'd gone through Verizon, there would not have been a charge for the SIM cards. Can't believe I was stupid enough to pay $15 TWICE for crappy screen protectors!! I mean, I bought 2 of the same phone so even if I HAD wanted screen protectors, I certainly only needed one packet! It burns me up that they told me this was a required charge and that I blew $50.

I went to an authorized retailer exactly once. They screwed up my whole account and the official store had to fix it, so I spent double the time by going there. Now I only go to the Verizon store out by the mall which is crazy busy but at least I don't leave with a mess.

Now that doesn't mean I have never had any frustrations, but at least they back up what they do there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter