Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Hello All!

My husband has become completely vegan since our last family trip to Disney World. We have our TS choices sorted out. I was excited to see the quinoa burger at LLT. That's new since out last trip, too and looks to be something a bit different.

Any opinions on the best vegan counter service choices at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney?

Also has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party as a vegan. I would love details on this as well.

Thanks for the help!

How do you go about getting a specially prepared meal for vegetarians? I made reservations at 1900 Park Fare hoping to get a "Chef TJ" meal but do I need to call ahead? Does he work on Fridays? We are only doing one special meal so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for advice!

Forgot to ask if Captain Cooke's at the Poly has vegan sushi available every day and if it is included on the dining plan?

Forgot to ask if Captain Cooke's at the Poly has vegan sushi available every day and if it is included on the dining plan?

I was able to get cucumber rolls at Captain Cook's. And yes, they are on the dining plan but it was a CS credit for the sushi. I would suggest paying OOP of it.

How do you go about getting a specially prepared meal for vegetarians? I made reservations at 1900 Park Fare hoping to get a "Chef TJ" meal but do I need to call ahead? Does he work on Fridays? We are only doing one special meal so I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks for advice!

When we made ADRs for our last trip we were told that they were no longer noting the ADRs with vegetarian or vegan. We have at both check in and once being seated told the host/hostess and server that I am a vegetarian. If I think I might have a problem finding something to eat if the server does not offer I will request to have a chef come out to the table. It is particularly helpful at buffets if you are unsure of what is "safe" and what is not.

As far as Chef TJ goes the only suggestion I have is to try to call the restaurant directly and ask what days he works. Keep in mind those days could change prior to your trip.

This upcoming trip will be the first time my husband and I try out a signature restaurant.. Looking to see if any of you have tried a signature restaurant in the past and if you have any suggestions. I know menus tend to change with the seasons so I'm not planning on relying just on the menus but more the overall experience and ambiance of the restaurant. Just based on looks we are quite taken by Artist Point (it reminds us of when we lived in Washington state) and we are intrigued by Jiko.

Thanks in advance. :goodvibes

I've eaten at Artist Point before as a vegan - it was awesome. Haven't been to Jiko yet.

Hello All!

My husband has become completely vegan since our last family trip to Disney World. We have our TS choices sorted out. I was excited to see the quinoa burger at LLT. That's new since out last trip, too and looks to be something a bit different.

Any opinions on the best vegan counter service choices at Hollywood Studios and Downtown Disney?

Also has anyone done the Wishes Dessert Party as a vegan. I would love details on this as well.

Thanks for the help!

We travelled with vegans and food allergy people. At DHS the Backlot Express has a grilled veggie sandwich that can be ordered without cheese. At DTD Fresh Apeel had a number of options and Babycakes is in the same space with all vegan baked goods. For the dessert party they do an allergy plate that can be done egg and dairy free with sorbet, a few cakes, fruit, and cookies.

I was able to get cucumber rolls at Captain Cook's. And yes, they are on the dining plan but it was a CS credit for the sushi. I would suggest paying OOP of it.

We travelled with vegans and food allergy people. At DHS the Backlot Express has a grilled veggie sandwich that can be ordered without cheese. At DTD Fresh Apeel had a number of options and Babycakes is in the same space with all vegan baked goods. For the dessert party they do an allergy plate that can be done egg and dairy free with sorbet, a few cakes, fruit, and cookies.

Thanks for the feedback! It really helps us sort some things out. :)

I've eaten at Artist Point before as a vegan - it was awesome. Haven't been to Jiko yet.

Thanks for the feedback. Do you happen to remember what you had? Looking at the menu now it looks as though the vegetarian option is gnocchi, but I know that menu items can change pretty often.

Yes I did. Be very careful of your head server, and server.

I was on 3 cruises on the dream.

2 of them were excellent because I had Ronald the restaurant manager.
The other I had a normal head server and there was communications issues.
One time I got offered a dessert with marscepone cheese

The chef at the enchanted garden is excellent.

Cheryl

this thread is gearing me up!! 20 days until disney. We are doing 4 days @ wdw and then 4 days on dream.

anyone do a vegan disney cruise?

I've written in detail previously about the problems we had, as vegans, on our cruise on the Disney Dream. Our server was, frankly, horrible. It was very disappointing since we've had such good experiences in the park.

Our best meals were breakfast and lunch at the buffet. The chefs looked for us after the first day and brought special treats to our table, and happily prepared us vegan options. The chef also made a special point of sending vegan food down to Castaway Cay for us and told us to ask for it.

I have booked another cruise for next December, and here's what I will do differently. I will email in advance (our travel agent did note that we were vegan on our reservation, but I will email guest relations as well), and on the first day, if I don't feel our server is up to speed, I will INSIST on speaking to the manager and the chef. (I asked on our previous cruise, and the server said I could NOT talk to them.) If that isn't satisfactory, I will go to guest relations on the ship, immediately.

They do have plenty of good vegan options available. I know, because the chefs at the buffet were able to make us all kinds of good things. Our server was just an idiot, who did not really know what vegan meant and kept bringing us food with cheese all over it. (A concern because one of my family members is severely allergic to dairy.)

Teresa

Thanks for the feedback. Do you happen to remember what you had? Looking at the menu now it looks as though the vegetarian option is gnocchi, but I know that menu items can change pretty often.

I was at Artist Point early in Dec and mentioned to the server that I was vegetarian. He said that would leave me with the sweet potato gnocchi entre. I went with it and was so glad I did. It was excellent--tasty and just perfect. The chef there knows what he is doing. So go and enjoy! I'll be going back.

Most of the chefs at artists point also have worked at Sanaa. If you like a certain dish, mention it. They might be able to recreate it.

Most of the chefs at artists point also have worked at Sanaa. If you like a certain dish, mention it. They might be able to recreate it.

I had the gnocchi and portabello soup at Artist Point 2x last year....omg so good!

I was at Artist Point early in Dec and mentioned to the server that I was vegetarian. He said that would leave me with the sweet potato gnocchi entre. I went with it and was so glad I did. It was excellent--tasty and just perfect. The chef there knows what he is doing. So go and enjoy! I'll be going back.

Thank you all for your posts! I appreciate it. :goodvibes My husband and I have been thinking about trying Artist Point for several years now. I know a few years ago they had a potato chive pot stickers they used to serve for vegetarians and I was really looking forward to trying it, but the gnocchi sounds very good as well. Glad to see so many good reviews from all of you. I have to admit I was a little worried about going since it seems like such a meat based restaurant, but after seeing all these reviews I'll be suggesting this to my husband. Thanks again!

Need to make ADRs Monday. Anyone tried Flying Fish? Of course, I used to love seafood before I became vegan but now I can't have it. Are the salads or soups enough to make a meal on? (portion sizes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter