Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Why is it that the posts on this thread show up when I'm starving!

YES!!! :( When did you go? We went Jan 2nd-Jan 8th.

I'm wondering if I should become a Vacation Club member, :laughing:

We were there the 7th-13th. We aren't DVC members, but we did buy a Starwood timeshare (at the Vistana Resort, which is about a mile from Disney property). Great deals on timeshares in the area can be had if you are willing to hunt! :cool1:

Katsura Grill question..

Has anyone tried the Okonomiyaki from the Katsura Grill? From what I have read (and tried elsewhere) it looks to be vegetarian. I did ask AJ from the Disney Food Blog and she seemed to think it was vegetarian as well. Anyone out there try this yet?

Does anyone know what brand of waffle mix is used at the Disney resorts for dairy and egg free guests? We had waffles a few times while at Pop Century, and they were AMAZING! I have to recreate them at home. I'm assuming they use a mix. Anyone know which?

AllEars.net has a vegan/vegetarian page, and the person who updates it is leaving. They're looking for someone interested in helping out with the vegan/vegatarian page & updates. Is anyone interested? I'm not enough of a WDW dining authority to take that on, but I know there's a wealth of vegan/vegetarian knowledge here! Who's interested? From the AllEars newsletter:
"Updated Counter Service in the Parks vegetarian/vegan page, thanks to Kitty Smith. http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm

EDITOR'S NOTE: For years, Kitty has maintained the AllEars.Net Vegan/Vegetarian pages, and we thank her for all her hard work and dedication. AllEars.Net is now looking for someone to help with updates to these pages. Please contact us at allearsnet@yahoo.com if you think you might be interested. "

I've learned a ton of veg info here from some of you frequent posters- maybe you can help out at AllEars.net!

Does anyone know what brand of waffle mix is used at the Disney resorts for dairy and egg free guests?
I'm pretty sure it's Bob's Red Mill Brand gluten free recipe. If they made them on the allergy safe equipment they usually are the gluten free one's.

Does anyone know what brand of waffle mix is used at the Disney resorts for dairy and egg free guests? We had waffles a few times while at Pop Century, and they were AMAZING! I have to recreate them at home. I'm assuming they use a mix. Anyone know which?
I'm pretty sure it's Bob's Red Mill Brand gluten free recipe. If they made them on the allergy safe equipment they usually are the gluten free one's.

Chef Julie told me they use this brand at Ohana/Kona and they mix it with original rice milk and canola oil, I also had them at Cape May and Tusker House. They were amazing!

Last year, I finished my first trip as a vegetarian. Not content, I decided to go all-out vegan this year ! (loving it so far!) After reading pretty much every blog and thread about vegan meals in Disney, I am beyond excited! Not that I have ever really had a bad meal in the 'world, but it seems that these meals seem extra-spectacular!
Are there any places that deserve special mention, as in I should make a point to dine there? I also see that Chef T.J. is at 1900 Park Fare, not Ohana, as I had hoped to have one of the vegan monstrosity feasts. Does Ohana still have awesome vegan eats? Thanks so much for any advice! (side note, hubby is mostly vegan, but after seeing some blogs, he is just fine to eat all vegan with me at WDW!):cool1:

Can anyone tell me if the veggie wrap at fresh a peel/el pollo loco is vegan? Last November we asked about the falafal burger but the staff couldn't find the ingredients book. After talking to the chef he thought it was vegan but when we received the burger it was covered in a creamy sauce, again I asked the servers who didn't really understand what we were talking about!
We gave up in the end and didn't eat anything!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, it has been a great help to us in the past.

Can anyone tell me if the veggie wrap at fresh a peel/el pollo loco is vegan? Last November we asked about the falafal burger but the staff couldn't find the ingredients book. After talking to the chef he thought it was vegan but when we received the burger it was covered in a creamy sauce, again I asked the servers who didn't really understand what we were talking about!
We gave up in the end and didn't eat anything!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this forum, it has been a great help to us in the past.

Sorry wrong name! I meant pollo campero!

We had a lot of trouble at fresh apeel with ingredients. No list and the "chefs" are not knowledgable at all. I'm allergic to soy and he told me the Caesar salad would be safe for me and after I begged him for ingredients he listed off what he could remember and silk tofu was a main ingredient :(. Not knowing tofu is soy is crazy for anyone called a chef! Things that are labeled vegan seem to be though. The guys putting together the salads and wraps knew for example the buttered croutons shouldn't be added to the chopped veggie salad even if they didn't know why. Our vegan friends ate there very happily a few times but after that goof I just picked up food elsewhere :)

Anyone ever had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe? Menu on allears doesn't really show anything vegetarian. Wondering about anyone's experience.

TIA!

Anyone ever had dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe? Menu on allears doesn't really show anything vegetarian. Wondering about anyone's experience.

TIA!

If you look back several pages I did a review on it and I posted a picture. Wish I knew exactly what page it was on. I was given the option of a vegetarian pasta dish and a tofu vegan dish. The entree was quite tasty!

If you look back several pages I did a review on it and I posted a picture. Wish I knew exactly what page it was on. I was given the option of a vegetarian pasta dish and a tofu vegan dish. The entree was quite tasty!

I'm interested too for DD. I've gone back quite a few pages & can not find it:confused3

I'm interested too for DD. I've gone back quite a few pages & can not find it:confused3
In this post HunnyJar describes the meal and two posts later she posted the photo.

Both the tofu dish from the Grand Floridian Cafe and the quinoa cakes from Whispering Canyon look very tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter