Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Beaches and Cream no longer carries the veggie burger, at least they didnt in december when i was last there. They now have a veggie sandwich or they can make a quinoa and veggie wrap (really yummy) with ingredients borrowed from the beach club market place.

Oh dear...well thank you for letting me know!!

Hi all,

We are just 19 days away from our trip and hubby decided to start on a cleansing diet and is avoiding dairy, any meat and seafood, sugars and going vegan. :furious:

I already made all our ADRs and worried that our very first visit will not be as magical if we don't accomodate each other dietary needs.:worried:

DS & I would still want our meat. Please let me know if I need to cancel some of this location or will they accomodate our changes. I didn't include any special requests when these were booked as this was done early on. Thank in advance! :confused3:

Here's our reservation locations:
Chef Mickey
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Hollywood & Vine
Coral Reef
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Biegarten

I've been reading around a bit and I haven't seen (although it's probably right in front of me) a current, updated list of best veggie options. My husband and I are vegetarian and I lean way vegan. I cannot eat very much at one time and so I'm not terribly interested in $40 buffets. But for traditional table service and quick serve options, what are some Must Do options?

Thanks and please forgive newbiness!

Jen

Currently planning 1st ever WDW vacation 6/29-7/6. Probably too late for many reservations. Sigh.

Just wanted to mention we saw/heard some customers last week getting vegetarian options made for them at both 1900 Park Fare as well as Garden Grill in Epcot! :) I'm fairly certain they were vegan ad well, from the sounds of the conversations they had with the cooks.

Also, I had the BEST gluten free (but nit vegan) rolls at Artist Point. Soooo yummy!

Oh, I just remembered... right next to Flights of Wonder in AK, on the left, is a cute little vegetarian snack kiosk. Fruit salad, summer rolls and cold noodle salad, etc. Now I think if it... I'm pretty sure it was all vegan, too!

I've been reading around a bit and I haven't seen (although it's probably right in front of me) a current, updated list of best veggie options. My husband and I are vegetarian and I lean way vegan. I cannot eat very much at one time and so I'm not terribly interested in $40 buffets. But for traditional table service and quick serve options, what are some Must Do options?

Jen

Currently planning 1st ever WDW vacation 6/29-7/6. Probably too late for many reservations. Sigh.

There are lots of recommendations in this thread. My favorite TS restaurant is Jiko and my favorite QS is Tangierine cafe. I would go out of my way to eat at either (and California Grill). Many of my favorites are buffets, though!

Hi all,

We are just 19 days away from our trip and hubby decided to start on a cleansing diet and is avoiding dairy, any meat and seafood, sugars and going vegan. :furious:

I already made all our ADRs and worried that our very first visit will not be as magical if we don't accomodate each other dietary needs.:worried:

DS & I would still want our meat. Please let me know if I need to cancel some of this location or will they accomodate our changes. I didn't include any special requests when these were booked as this was done early on. Thank in advance! :confused3:

Chef Mickey
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Hollywood & Vine
Coral Reef
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Biegarten

If you are at Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner, you may want to change. They serve a traditional Thanksgiving-type meal at dinner. When we went, they told us that they could give us a vegan quinoa burger (this is an option at lunch) but they would charge us the full dinner price for it. We were not willing to pay that so we left. If you have booked at lunch, though, you can get that vegan burger.

The only one I have not eaten at is Beirgarten, so I am not sure if they have vegan options. At the others, just make sure to tell your server that you are vegan and need to speak with the chef.

Teresa

Hi all,

Chef Mickey
Liberty Tree Tavern
50's Prime Time
Hollywood & Vine
Coral Reef
Tusker House
Crystal Palace
Akershus
Biegarten

We are a family of 3 vegans and a vegetarian, and just returned from a trip to WDW in April. I have found that you do not need to note "vegan" on your ADR unless you have an accompanying allergy or issue with Celiac's. Just inform your server upon arrival and ask to speak to the chef. They have always been helpful and accomodating when we have done this.

50's PT has an amazing vegan pasta dish on the menu with "meatless" meat balls and whole wheat spaghetti. It was delicious. The chef came out to speak with us, and was so helpful. He even created a special brownie sundae dessert for my girls that was awesome!

The Tusker House buffet at lunch and dinner is amazing - lots of options. Just ask to see the chef, and he will walk the line with you and tell you what is vegetarian and/or vegan. Great experience there.:thumbsup2

Oh, I just remembered... right next to Flights of Wonder in AK, on the left, is a cute little vegetarian snack kiosk. Fruit salad, summer rolls and cold noodle salad, etc. Now I think if it... I'm pretty sure it was all vegan, too!

Yes!! When we were just there in April, we had the summer rolls with peanut sauce and they were sooooo delicious! Even my picky 13 yr old enjoyed. them;) Overjoyed to see a whole cart with vegan options!!:banana:

Jen

You sound a lot like me! Vegan and lots of small meals :goodvibes. Just returned from a trip in April and had some delicious food - here are some of our favorites:

MK QS:

BoG lunch - quinoa salad is really nice and environment is beautiful
Pecos Bill veggie burger
Tortuga Tavern rice and bean burrito
Columbia Harbour House - a MUST for us. Love the veggie chili, and you can order very inexpensive side dishes of steamed broccoli and couscous
Liberty Square Mkt - baked sweet potatoes and reg potatoes, fruit, veggies
Gaston's Tavern - hummus and pita chips, fresh veggies and fruit

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Mexico walk-up counter for beans and rice; Via Napoli pizza (ask for no cheese)

HS:

50's PT - vegan pasta dish on the menu
Backlot Express - cantelope cucumber salad, grilled veggie sandwich
ABC Commissary - couscous arugula salad
Rosie's - veggie burger

AK:

Bradley Falls kiosk (all vegan options!): noodle salad, spring rolls, fruit salad
Tamu Tamu: has a new salad with tofu that I haven't tried, but has gotten good reviews
Harambe Fruit Market - always a great option for a hot pretzel and fresh fruit
AK Lodge - Sanaa is wonderful. They have a separate vegan menu.

I have also had chefs offer to make a special vegan dish for me at Boma, Kouzzina and O'hana. All wonderful!

Don't hesitate to ask to see a chef upon arriving at a TS restaurant, or to see a manager at a QS. You can ask to look at their big book of ingredients they keep behind the register to check for dairy, eggs, etc. if you need to.

Have a wonderful trip!!:cheer2:

MK QS:

Pecos Bill veggie burger
Columbia Harbour House - a MUST for us. Love the veggie chili, and you can order very inexpensive side dishes of steamed broccoli and couscous

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Tangierine Cafe, Mexico walk-up counter for beans and rice; Via Napoli pizza (ask for no cheese)

HS:

Rosie's - veggie burger

AK:

Bradley Falls kiosk (all vegan options!): noodle salad, spring rolls, fruit salad
Tamu Tamu: has a new salad with tofu that I haven't tried, but has gotten good reviews

WOW. What an amazingly helpful list, especially since it's recent!!! :worship: Thanks so much for posting these, a bunch of them are news to me! Your list has been added into my planning notes for my Feb 2014 trip! :goodvibes

3TinksandPeter said:
You sound a lot like me! Vegan and lots of small meals :goodvibes. Just returned from a trip in April and had some delicious food - here are some of our favorites:

MK QS:

Pecos Bill veggie burger

HS:

Rosie's - veggie burger

AK:

I have also had chefs offer to make a special vegan dish for me at Boma, Kouzzina and O'hana. All wonderful!

Don't hesitate to ask to see a chef upon arriving at a TS restaurant, or to see a manager at a QS. You can ask to look at their big book of ingredients they keep behind the register to check for dairy, eggs, etc. if you need to.

Have a wonderful trip!!:cheer2:

This is a great list, thank you so much

To add, in HS at Sci-Fi I got a great vegan burger and a...drum roll.. vegan oreo milkshake :love::love::love:

Glad my input was helpful! Being a vegan and a Disney addict are two of my passions in life ::yes:: I'm happy to help with any other questions if I can.

Oh my gosh - Sci Fi and that orea milkshake WILL be next on my list!

On another "sweet" note, the sweet almond pretzel at the bakery in Norway is vegan and delicious! One of our favorites.

Glad my input was helpful! Being a vegan and a Disney addict are two of my passions in life ::yes:: I'm happy to help with any other questions if I can.

Oh my gosh - Sci Fi and that orea milkshake WILL be next on my list!

On another "sweet" note, the sweet almond pretzel at the bakery in Norway is vegan and delicious! One of our favorites.

Do it!! The chef said I couldn't do an "oreo milkshake" because the mix had dairy, but it was a vanilla Tofutti shake with the oreo topping in it... <3 SO GOOD! My friend tried mine and said it was better than her dairy one :woohoo:

My son is a veg ( 13) very hard to feed no beens so pbj is way out only blue cheese dressing stuff like that he is on the dinning plan will most of the restrounts make a pasta if all else fails ( I will also bring salad dressing packets in my bag ) also no cooked veg only raw veg will they bring un cooked ? he will eat a huge salad fries and a milk shake and fruit.

Or dinner reservations are and I tryed my best for things that had stuff he may eat.
Bog
50's prime
Trex
Via napolia
Yac yeti
And he loves pizza

Does anyone know if the Foam on certain drinks, such as the ones at Be Our Guest, and Lefou's Brew are ok? I thought I read somewhere people were wondering if they were made with anything, like gelatin but I can't seem to find the post now or info about them.

They call it marshmallow which would make me think its probably not vegan but I think it's not dairy though I don't know if it has traces of dairy. When my family tried it they didn't have an ingredient list just a list of allergens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter