Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Thanks Lisa S. I guess it wouldn't hurt for us to check out the booths while we are in Epcot (not like we won't be in the world showcase anyway!). We aren't into wine, my husband does enjoy a good beer. I guess we'll see what they have to offer!

Any opinions on O'Hana for a vegetarian? We have both breakfast and dinner ADRs. Thanks!

I ate vegan/gluten-free at Ohana and was stuffed!!!! They made me a dip trio, salad, tofu stir fry, bread, veggies, and dessert. It was awesome. I posted photos a few pages back. Breakfast was good too, they made a tofu stir fry and it rocked. Click [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47239460&postcount=1096"]this link for my post with photos[/URL].

We just stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, and at the food court they made me a gluten free pasta dish that was great. The marinara sauce is vegan and gluten free (pesto has cheese in it) and you can add whatever veggies you want. You have to ask for the gluten-free pasta, but it is not a problem at all.

Teresa Pitman said:
Well, it doesn't cost you anything (other than the foods you buy). I am just back, and we went to Epcot last Thursday. In the Flower and Garden Festival building, the snack bar had a "vegan trio" that was very good (it had pita bread in it, though, so you might want to ask them to leave that out if you are gluten free). We also got the Frushi and the Watermelon salad as we were walking around, and both were very good.

TP

Mmm yum.

I ate vegan/gluten-free at Ohana and was stuffed!!!! They made me a dip trio, salad, tofu stir fry, bread, veggies, and dessert. It was awesome. I posted photos a few pages back. Breakfast was good too, they made a tofu stir fry and it rocked. Click [URL="http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=47239460&postcount=1096"]this link for my post with photos[/URL].

We just stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside, and at the food court they made me a gluten free pasta dish that was great. The marinara sauce is vegan and gluten free (pesto has cheese in it) and you can add whatever veggies you want. You have to ask for the gluten-free pasta, but it is not a problem at all.

Great photos! Thanks. I also have a nut allergic daughter (and shellfish) and haven't tried O'Hana for that reason, but after great allergy reviews, we are going to try it.

I just posted this elsewhere....but I might have better results on this thread... Does anyone know the probability of getting the quiche for dinner at Be Our Guest? I'm eager to try the dinner option of quinoa ratatouille...but my husband would probably prefer a different veg option and would enjoy the quiche... Just curious.....

Vegetable subosaurus at Restaurantosaurus in AK

So excited to be doing my first PTR/TR, will be posting more pics there. (Link is in signature)

jgplimdesign said:
I just posted this elsewhere....but I might have better results on this thread... Does anyone know the probability of getting the quiche for dinner at Be Our Guest? I'm eager to try the dinner option of quinoa ratatouille...but my husband would probably prefer a different veg option and would enjoy the quiche... Just curious.....

I don't know about the quiche... but I DO know the quinoa ratatouille was delicious! Very moist and flavorful, and as it wasn't covered in cheese or any other heavy stuff I felt great (although full) afterwards!

Has anyone had the veggie burgers at Rosies, Scifi or other counter service lately?
We have not been since Jan/11 and we were not fans of the burgers that were available at that time.Just our opinions of course.
I miss the boca burgers! Just wishful thinking that they had brought them back.
Thanks everyone!
Kristin

Has anyone had the veggie burgers at Rosies, Scifi or other counter service lately?
We have not been since Jan/11 and we were not fans of the burgers that were available at that time.Just our opinions of course.
I miss the boca burgers! Just wishful thinking that they had brought them back.
Thanks everyone!
Kristin

I had a veggie burger at Rosie's in early December 2012, and I thought it was the best one on the whole WDW property.

I had a veggie burger at Rosie's in early December 2012, and I thought it was the best one on the whole WDW property.

Thank you! That makes me feel better. The last time they were really really dry and had no flavour. Good to know!
Thank you!

Katsura Grill - anyone find anything vegetarian? The menu on allears says it has this - Okonomi Yaki - savory grilled "Japanese vegetable pancake" $7.99

wait nevermind, I just read somewhere it's cooked in lard.

cavepig said:
Katsura Grill - anyone find anything vegetarian? The menu on allears says it has this - Okonomi Yaki - savory grilled "Japanese vegetable pancake" $7.99

wait nevermind, I just read somewhere it's cooked in lard.

If you can get your hands on a lard-free okinomi yaki, it is THE BEST Japanese food! Though I can't speak for Disney's version... but in San Francisco's Japantown it sure is awesome!

Hey everyone, time I get caught up and find out what's new in the vegan world at WDW. Planning next year's trip and haven't been since 2011 since we did something else last year and this year. Can't wait to catch up!!

Can you still get a veggie burger at Beaches & Cream? I see the have a cold veg sandwich and wondering if that (and /or grilled cheese) are the sole options.... Any recent visitors/diners know? Thks!

Can you still get a veggie burger at Beaches & Cream? I see the have a cold veg sandwich and wondering if that (and /or grilled cheese) are the sole options.... Any recent visitors/diners know? Thks!

It's not listed on the menu anymore but my experience is, that if a regular burger is on the menu, they pretty much always have a veggie burger, even if it's not on the menu

Doesn't hurt to ask and the veggie burgers at B&C are delicious :thumbsup2

Well...I know that used to be true...but for example, I asked for a veggie burger at Restaurantosaurus in October and was told they no longer stocked 'em since they were offering the veggie sandwich.., Certainly doesn't hurt to ask though....!! ...guess that was my reason for wondering if Beaches was going the same route... Thanks!

Well...I know that used to be true...but for example, I asked for a veggie burger at Restaurantosaurus in October and was told they no longer stocked 'em since they were offering the veggie sandwich.., Certainly doesn't hurt to ask though....!! ...guess that was my reason for wondering if Beaches was going the same route... Thanks!

I really do hope they still offer the veggie burger as it was delicious :)

Beaches and Cream no longer carries the veggie burger, at least they didnt in december when i was last there. They now have a veggie sandwich or they can make a quinoa and veggie wrap (really yummy) with ingredients borrowed from the beach club market place.

I had the same experience at Restaurantosaurus in December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter