Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Does anyone have pictures or reviews/thoughts on Vegan/Vegetarian dishes from the following restaurants?

1. Narcoossee's
2. Akershus
3. Le Cellier
4. Hoop De Doo Revue
5. Any Counter Service at DHS
6. 50's Prime Time Cafe
7. Cinderella's Royal Table
8. Chef Mickey's

Thanks in advance!!

And also...does anyone know if the Vegan Pizza at Pizza Planet is the soy cheese that is WITHOUT casein? I know from shopping at Whole Foods that not all soy cheese is truly "dairy free" since some brands contain casein protein (which is what my DD is allergic to). Thanks!

Does anyone have pictures or reviews/thoughts on Vegan/Vegetarian dishes from the following restaurants?

1. Narcoossee's
2. Akershus
3. Le Cellier
4. Hoop De Doo Revue
6. 50's Prime Time Cafe
8. Chef Mickey's

Thanks in advance!!

And also...does anyone know if the Vegan Pizza at Pizza Planet is the soy cheese that is WITHOUT casein? I know from shopping at Whole Foods that not all soy cheese is truly "dairy free" since some brands contain casein protein (which is what my DD is allergic to). Thanks!

I had a very good vegan meal at Narcoossee's. No photos, but it was a large plate with smaller servings of a variety of foods, all very good.

I have eaten at Akershus but don't remember what I had. I guess it was nothing special.

At Le Cellier it seems to depend which chef is working. There is one, I think his name is Sergio, who has made some really delicious vegan meals for me on a couple of occasions, with lots of flavour and variety. But another time I went there the chef said "well you can have some pasta" and the dish I got was very uninspired.

Hoop Dee Doo was again nothing special, although the big plate of fruit I got for dessert was great! My granddaughter (who wasn't vegan at the time, she is now) pushed away her strawberry shortcake and asked to have some of my fruit instead!

Teresa

I had a very good vegan meal at Narcoossee's. No photos, but it was a large plate with smaller servings of a variety of foods, all very good.

I have eaten at Akershus but don't remember what I had. I guess it was nothing special.

At Le Cellier it seems to depend which chef is working. There is one, I think his name is Sergio, who has made some really delicious vegan meals for me on a couple of occasions, with lots of flavour and variety. But another time I went there the chef said "well you can have some pasta" and the dish I got was very uninspired.

Hoop Dee Doo was again nothing special, although the big plate of fruit I got for dessert was great! My granddaughter (who wasn't vegan at the time, she is now) pushed away her strawberry shortcake and asked to have some of my fruit instead!

Teresa

Thanks Teresa! Do you remember what you had at Hoop Dee Doo? We're doing this dinner also and I wasn't sure what they'd give us given that the set meal is fried chicken & ribs. Thanks!

Thanks Teresa! Do you remember what you had at Hoop Dee Doo? We're doing this dinner also and I wasn't sure what they'd give us given that the set meal is fried chicken & ribs. Thanks!

I'm not Teresa:confused3, but i thought i'd chime in. Last time i ate at Hoop Dee Doo i was served a delicious porto bella mushroom dish with a side of pasta. I was very tasty:yay:

I'm not Teresa:confused3, but i thought i'd chime in. Last time i ate at Hoop Dee Doo i was served a delicious porto bella mushroom dish with a side of pasta. I was very tasty:yay:

Thanks for your response! Did you have to contact Hoop Dee Doo ahead of time to request the vegan meal, or did you just alert your server at the time of seating? TIA!

Thanks for your response! Did you have to contact Hoop Dee Doo ahead of time to request the vegan meal, or did you just alert your server at the time of seating? TIA!

There were two of us Vegans, out of a table of 7 people and we alerted our server when seated. She acted like it was no big deal at all and our food came out only minutes after everyone else was served. :banana:

1. Narcoossee's
2. Akershus
3. Le Cellier
4. Hoop De Doo Revue
6. 50's Prime Time Cafe
8. Chef Mickey's

Thanks in advance!!

I've been to Akershus twice for dinner.. I'm just not impressed with the vegetarian pasta they offer. Just not very good..at least to me. The cold board is very tasty, though. Lots of fruit and veggies. The dessert is also good. We'll be going back to Akershus in a few years but we'll be trying it for breakfast instead.

Chef Mickey's has always been good as far as dinner for my family. We tried it on the 17th for the first time for breakfast and while it was good, we do prefer the dinner. I have never left Chef Mickey's hungry and I have always felt that they offer a good amount of vegetarian offerings. You can always speak to a chef as well.

We had ADR's for CRT in place but we were not getting a lot of help from the chefs at CRT regarding their vegetarian cassoulet. While it sounded very good, I could not imagine eating something so very heavy when it was still 90+ degrees outside right before MNSSHP. When we knew for sure we were not going to get a better result we canceled our ADR's for CRT and booked LTT for lunch instead.

It's been awhile but I have been to Sci-fi and I found the veggie burger to be good. They offer a tofu dish now that wasn't available when we went. I've also read they have a vegetarian pasta dish. But it has been years..

My favorite CS for vegetarian offerings is Sunshine Seasons. I absolutely love the tofu noodle bowl. It is seriously tasty and one of my favorite things to order at any CS on property. Veggie burgers can be found at most CS locations. I've read that the veggie patties were to be replaced with black bean burgers, but when I ordered a veggie burger at Cosmic Ray's on the 16th it was not a bean burger. The grilled veggie sandwich at Restaurantosaurus is pretty good! And I love that they serve it with sweet potato fries. Columbia Harbor House has veggie chili and a hummus sandwich on wheat bread. I tried the sandwich again this trip with the broccoli slaw on the side. It was much better for my taste without the slaw. I did find the hummus to be pretty bland, though.

Capt. Cook's at the Polynesian has several different vegetarian options and it is one of my favorite CS. The veggie noodle stir fry is tasty and is plentiful. They also sell veggie sushi from Kona Island Sushi bar in the refrigerator section. Roaring Fork at the Wilderness Lodge has a few different options like a grilled veggie sandwich. The Mara at AKL also has some tasty options. A few years ago I was able to get a veggie burger that was very good! It had a cumin type flavor. Really interesting.

As far as allergies go, I would call the dietary line. I don't have the number right now but someone on the disabilities forum should be able to help you. Also list her allergy on each and every ADR so that if need be a chef can come and speak with you.

Hope this helps a little!

Thanks HunnyJar.
My second question: Has anyone done Wanyama Safari tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge? A "family style" dinner at Jiko is included with the experience. I wonder if they have Vegetarian option?

Thanks HunnyJar.
My second question: Has anyone done Wanyama Safari tour at Animal Kingdom Lodge? A "family style" dinner at Jiko is included with the experience. I wonder if they have Vegetarian option?

My husband and I are thinking about checking out the safari tour next year.. I haven't been to Jiko yet, but I do know that they have a vegetarian menu.. Here is a link: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Jiko/jiko-menu-vegetarian.pdf

And here's a link to the vegan menu..

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/media/wdw_nextgen/CoreCatalog/WaltDisneyWorld/en_us/Media/InternetMediaType/Dining/Jiko/jiko-menu-vegan.pdf

Hope this helps a little!:goodvibes

** Since they offer vegetarian and vegan dishes, I would venture that they would allow you to order something. I would call and talk with a CM about this when you sign up for the safari.

Can anyone recommend a better counter service vegetarian option at Animal Kingdom than veggie or cheese pizza at Pizzafari? I see that Restaurantosaurus has a Vegetable Subosaurus that sounds like it may be okay-- what do you think? Thanks in advance!

Can anyone recommend a better counter service vegetarian option at Animal Kingdom than veggie or cheese pizza at Pizzafari? I see that Restaurantosaurus has a Vegetable Subosaurus that sounds like it may be okay-- what do you think? Thanks in advance!

I just had the veggie sandwich on 9-10 and it was actually pretty good! I can't remember the exact vegetables on the sandwich, but I do remember that is was tasty. The only thing I didn't like was the roll or bun that it was served on. It fell apart so quickly!

Another place I might recommend is Flame Tree BBQ. They have a fantastic fruit plate here. I don't eat the yogurt, but my kids do and they loved it. There is more than enough fruit and it was fresh and very good.

There is a cart in Asia outside of Yak & Yeti not far from the tea place. We were there last December and my wife, the vegetarian, greatly enjoyed the spring rolls. The rolls were fresh, hot and with hot tea (it was December remember) we were full with 2 rolls each.

Thank you on the Flame Tree rec-- somehow I missed the fruit plate on the menu. It's funny that the park that's so committed to animal welfare has the fewest vegetarian options...

I just had the veggie sandwich on 9-10 and it was actually pretty good! I can't remember the exact vegetables on the sandwich, but I do remember that is was tasty. The only thing I didn't like was the roll or bun that it was served on. It fell apart so quickly!

Another place I might recommend is Flame Tree BBQ. They have a fantastic fruit plate here. I don't eat the yogurt, but my kids do and they loved it. There is more than enough fruit and it was fresh and very good.

Oooh... that sounds really good-- thank you!

There is a cart in Asia outside of Yak & Yeti not far from the tea place. We were there last December and my wife, the vegetarian, greatly enjoyed the spring rolls. The rolls were fresh, hot and with hot tea (it was December remember) we were full with 2 rolls each.

It's funny that the park that's so committed to animal welfare has the fewest vegetarian options...
I find that so sad! I mentioned that very thing once when I was stopped by a CM to do a dining survey.

It used to be even worse before Tusker House became a TS with a lot of tasty options for vegetarians. It's pricey but it's so good!

Yes! We love Tusker House! We were just at WDW last week-- actually, we ate at TH one week ago today. So many options...

I find that so sad! I mentioned that very thing once when I was stopped by a CM to do a dining survey.

It used to be even worse before Tusker House became a TS with a lot of tasty options for vegetarians. It's pricey but it's so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter