Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant/Dining Help Thread

Here is one of the selections from the vegetarian menu at La Hacienda. It was the empanados de queso. Pretty tasty.

Disney2011231.jpg

These look good!

Luckyfin, I don't suppose you brought a copy of the vegetarian menu from La Hacienda home with you, did you? We got a look at it on our trip in January, but I can't remember what was on it, and now I can't find it online anywhere.

I have an ADR there next month, trying to decide whether to keep it or not. We will be a party of 2 vegetarians and 2 omnivores.

And now that I realize people are posting pics of veg meals here on this thread, I have a few I can contribute. :cool1:

This is the Four Cheese Pizza with Pesto from Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney (marketplace, not westside). This was so good, we came back and got it again in the same trip.

P1100095.jpg

Here is the Grilled Vegetable Sandwich from the Backlot Express in DHS. It normally comes on a black olive roll, but we asked to have it on the multigrain bread instead, and it was delicious. This is a big sandwich, hubby and I split it and were both perfectly satisfied.

P1080070.jpg

Another special order sandwich from Backlot Express - We asked for the Grilled Turkey and Cheese, hold the turkey. What you end up with is a fairly sophisticated grilled cheese sandwich, on that good multigrain bread, with roasted red peppers and arugula. You can also see the no sugar added parfait in the picture.

P1100091.jpg

And here it is again, pulled open to show the insides. Sorry about the blurry picture quality.

P1100092.jpg

From Via Napoli, the Quattro Formagi Pizza. Heaven.

P1130151.jpg

From the same meal -

bread
P1130148.jpg

House Salad, served family style, and a glass of sangria. This was just a great, great meal.

P1130150-1.jpg

Willa, thanks for sharing those pics. After looking at menus, I was figuring that DHS would have limited options for counter service- but these look good! I may reconsider skipping a cs meal here! The Wolfgang Puck Express pizzas look delish- is there a difference between going to marketplace vs. westside?
OMG, just saw the Quattro Formagi pic from Via Napoli. Now, I must go find something to eat, because these pics have made me hungry!

From Sunshine Seasons in Epcot, the Tofu Noodle Bowl, and a Strawberry Shortcake. The noodle bowl was really good, and huge - next time we will split one of these.

I was ready to love the shortcake, but I didn't. It wasn't awful, it just didn't have much flavor. Not worth the calories.

P1080072.jpg

Willa, thanks for sharing those pics. After looking at menus, I was figuring that DHS would have limited options for counter service- but these look good! I may reconsider skipping a cs meal here! The Wolfgang Puck Express pizzas look delish- is there a difference between going to marketplace vs. westside?
OMG, just saw the Quattro Formagi pic from Via Napoli. Now, I must go find something to eat, because these pics have made me hungry!

We really enjoyed both those sandwiches from Backlot Express, we just had to wait a few extra minutes for them. One of the times the CMs were great about that, made us very comfortable, but the other time they acted a little put out about it. Still got the sandwich like we wanted it, so it was all good.

Westside Puck's Express has that same pizza on the menu, and it's probably just as good. I have never eaten there, but somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like I've read someone complaining about that store not being as good as the one in the Marketplace. I could be wrong about that.

I know what you mean, I am making myself hungry!!:lmao:

We took the boat over from the Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness for lunch one day, just because we wanted to try this entree at Trail's End, and we were really glad we did.

It's Fried Green Tomatoes, with marinated portabello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, smoked gouda, and fried green beans, and it came with sweet potato fries on the side. What you are seeing here is half the entree. We were sharing, and we forgot to take the picture before we split it onto 2 plates.

P1070047.jpg

We loved this entree, so many interesting flavors, and they came together beautifully.

This was our most disappointing meal of the trip - breakfast at The Wave at the Contemporary. We were sharing two meals, the Multi Grain Waffles and the Scrambled Eggs with Spinach, Tomatoes, and Feta, and again we forgot to take pictures until we had already split the plates, sorry about that.

P1090074.jpg

I had been so looking forward to this, I love a good restaurant breakfast, but this was not a good restaurant breakfast. This was quite a cold day in January, and the restaurant itself was freezing, which meant the food got cold very quickly. The waffles were a disappointment, and the spinach with the scramble was just a big blob on the side of the plate, rather than having been cooked in the eggs, which was what I expected. I mixed it in, but since the spinach was cold before it even got to the table, it sort of ruined the eggs.

Even the potatoes were cold, and to top it off, the service was terrible. I have no desire to ever return to The Wave.

Just so I don't end this group of pictures on a negative note, here's everybody's favorite veg sandwich, the Lighthouse from Columbia Harbor House. Yum!

P1110112.jpg

That fried green tomatoes dish looks great! I doubt I'll be able to talk the family into heading out to Fort Wilderness just for this :sad2:, but I can try :thumbsup2. I've never been to Columbia Harbor House, but it's on my must-do list for this trip, so I can have the Lighthouse and sit upstairs overlooking the walkway :goodvibes

That fried green tomatoes dish looks great! I doubt I'll be able to talk the family into heading out to Fort Wilderness just for this :sad2:, but I can try :thumbsup2. I've never been to Columbia Harbor House, but it's on my must-do list for this trip, so I can have the Lighthouse and sit upstairs overlooking the walkway :goodvibes

I wish you luck for your attempt at talking the family into it! :rotfl2:

The boat ride over, and just being at the Fort, makes a lovely respite in a MK day, but it does eat up a good chunk of time.

This was our most disappointing meal of the trip - breakfast at The Wave at the Contemporary.
I'm sorry to hear this. We are planning to try their breakfast buffet on our next trip. We will probably still give it a try and hope for hotter food and better service.

I'm sorry to hear this. We are planning to try their breakfast buffet on our next trip. We will probably still give it a try and hope for hotter food and better service.

That was an extraordinarily cold day outside, and it didn't seem like it occurred to them to turn on the heat in the restaurant. :lmao: hopefully on a regular day, things will be better. Also, you may have better luck with the buffet than we had ordering off the menu (although it seems like it ought to have been the other way round, doesn't it!).

We took the boat over from the Magic Kingdom to Fort Wilderness for lunch one day, just because we wanted to try this entree at Trail's End, and we were really glad we did.

It's Fried Green Tomatoes, with marinated portabello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, smoked gouda, and fried green beans, and it came with sweet potato fries on the side. What you are seeing here is half the entree. We were sharing, and we forgot to take the picture before we split it onto 2 plates.

Interesting. Disneyland just changed a menu around and has introduce a fried green tomatoes with sweet potato fries dish. I think we thought we were quite unique, having that at DL! I guess not. :3dglasses

I don't think DL's has the portobellos, but then again they have that dish (with couscous) at Blue Bayou.

And this page has given me 4 new places to put on my list...:woohoo:

These look good!

Luckyfin, I don't suppose you brought a copy of the vegetarian menu from La Hacienda home with you, did you? We got a look at it on our trip in January, but I can't remember what was on it, and now I can't find it online anywhere.

I have an ADR there next month, trying to decide whether to keep it or not. We will be a party of 2 vegetarians and 2 omnivores.

As a matter of fact I do!!!

Disney2011229.jpg

That looks yummy! Hopefully they are awesome about leaving the queso fresco off of stuff. That salad sounds so good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter