Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (Sept. 27 – Oct. 1) With LOTS of pictures!

Thank you for bringign this back to the top.

My DD (15) has decided to become a vegetarian. This is good info for our trip in Dec. Although that is a long way off and she may change her mind by then.
:rolleyes: She really doesn't like salad but claims she will learn to like them. We'll see.

A do have a question though.....

How do they charge you? Do they charge you the same as if it was a meated dish?

Thanks for this awesome review!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been to WDW probably 30 times as a veg but you hit things I didn't know about. Here's another one no one has mentioned - Boma's dinner buffet is heaven. Quite a few choices and the chef is more than happy to point things out.

Thank you for bringign this back to the top.

My DD (15) has decided to become a vegetarian. This is good info for our trip in Dec. Although that is a long way off and she may change her mind by then.
:rolleyes: She really doesn't like salad but claims she will learn to like them. We'll see.

A do have a question though.....

How do they charge you? Do they charge you the same as if it was a meated dish?

I became vegetarian when I was 15. The next year I became vegan, and have been since then :) So I wouldn't be so sure about her changing her mind! lol

For LTT, we were charged the same price as if we had eaten the regular offerings. This was the only complaint I had about LTT, since our food obviously cost much less and took less time to prepare. But for the shrimp pasta at Sci-Fi and hong kong stiry-fry at Rainforest Cafe, we were charged about $2-3 less than the original price. I can't recall the exact amount, but it was less.

I've been to WDW probably 30 times as a veg but you hit things I didn't know about. Here's another one no one has mentioned - Boma's dinner buffet is heaven. Quite a few choices and the chef is more than happy to point things out.

I have an ADR for Boma on a Wednesday this May! I'm really excited about trying it, after reading all the awesome reviews. I can't wait to post my own!

I actually didn't like Boma at all. Something I ate there didn't agree with me but there were definitely lots of veggie/vegan offerings.

However, I absolutely LOVED Jiko. I had their stuffed pepper dish which was out of this world delicious! Not sure it was vegan but it was vegetarian for sure. Jiko was one of my favorite meals!

I have an ADR for Boma on a Wednesday this May! I'm really excited about trying it, after reading all the awesome reviews. I can't wait to post my own!

V_gan First of all thanks a MILLION for your initial review. :thumbsup2
Second, please please update us after your May trip. :)

Great review! I am vegan and I always get scared when I go out to eat..

There's no need to be scared at Disney :goodvibes I don't normally eat out when I'm at home, just because I don't like the hassle. But everyone is so willing to help at Disney. It's such a nice change from what restaurants are like at home.

WOW!! Thanks so much for this. I was worried that when I go to Disney in June I would be eating just fries twice a day for a week. :eek:

Did you eat in the World at all for breakfast? If so, were you able to find good vegan stuff or was it the typical eggs/sausage/pancakes type of deal?

Thanks! :lovestruc

Thanks for this! It got DF a lot more excited about the vegetarian options at Disney! :banana:

Glad I could help!

WOW!! Thanks so much for this. I was worried that when I go to Disney in June I would be eating just fries twice a day for a week. :eek:

Did you eat in the World at all for breakfast? If so, were you able to find good vegan stuff or was it the typical eggs/sausage/pancakes type of deal?

Thanks! :lovestruc

I didn't have an order of fries the entire trip, until we went to Universal! :thumbsup2

We brought our own breakfast of granola bars and little soymilk cartons. We would put the soymilk cartons in our room's ice bucket before we went to bed, and they would be chilled in the morning.

I just couldn't justify spending a lot of money on a plate of fruit somewhere. Although, I have read posts of people getting chefs to prepare dairy and egg-free waffles and pancakes. I believe someone said Vans waffles (which are vegan) are served at Akerhaus. It just seems like too much of a hassle to me, so I don't bother :rolleyes1

We're too busy getting to the parks at rope drop and doing as much as possible in the mornings, anyway! I like having breakfast on the go, and then slowing down midday for a nice, air-conditioned, table service meal :goodvibes

Thank you so much for the great diary of vegetarian food! I am carefully planning out my meals and researching menus so when we go we can eat good food...... :banana:

Having just been to the world in January...with a vegan...
we had a great time at tusker house buffets- plenty of food for veg and vegan, great chefs (even made dh his own samosas!)
Crystal Palace was helpful, but not too great of a selection (some salads, plus a veg burger and vegan bread/ biscuit thing)
San Angel's food was terrible...not enough for the kids to eat, vegan dh had issues, soy ice cream had freezer burn...way overpriced..
Across the way, at the outdoor cs mexican stand , we got 3x the food, fresher, made to order, cheaper! (they told us anything on the menu could be made veg, just replace meat with black beans, which are vegan!)
Akershus breakfast and chef mickey's breakfast were both great... ak made vegan van's waffles, and I think pancakes (although it took awhile for the chef to come out!)
annd chef mickeys had chocolate soymilk for the kids, and gf/vegan mickey waffles freshly made... DH was happy with waffles, but I think chef m's offered other ideas, too.
Tusker was so good, we canceled other ADR's and went there again!

Did they actually show you an ingredient list for the black beans? The one time I tried to eat there I was not only told that I couldn't replace meat with anything, but, then later when I pushed eventually shown a label for the beans that included lard. (Hence, I gave up and didn't eat. But, I like vegetarian mexican food and would like to give it a try again if they've actually changed--as opposed to just started claiming the beans as vegan when they aren't.)

Did they actually show you an ingredient list for the black beans? The one time I tried to eat there I was not only told that I couldn't replace meat with anything, but, then later when I pushed eventually shown a label for the beans that included lard. (Hence, I gave up and didn't eat. But, I like vegetarian mexican food and would like to give it a try again if they've actually changed--as opposed to just started claiming the beans as vegan when they aren't.)

hmm. didn't ask, since I had read in the vegetarian disney books that the black beans were veg. Usually they just heat up black beans, didn't seem "seasoned" or "flavored" at all... Refried beans are always suspect, but whole beans USUALLY tend to be safer in my experience.
In the San Angel, we were also given black beans as a veg filler.
I suppose it could have happened, but a vegan and vegetarian ate it twice with no issues.
:confused3

Thanks so much for starting this thread. We are a vegan/veg family and my main concern is that my daughter gets enough healthy food to eat. You have certainly shown me that she shouldn't have a problem and also given me the courage to speak up and ask for what I would like. We are having our daughter's birthday lunch at The Plaza because they have hummus and veggies and she would like a banana split and I know they serve Rice Dream ice cream which she prefers to soy anything.

Thanks for the suggestion on putting our little Rice Milk packs in the ice bucket at night. I really didn't want to pay for a fridge for just a few items.

Hope to see more and maybe if I can learn how to post some photos I can add some to this. We will be eating at the Crystal Palace, The Plaza, Ohana's, Akershus and Cindy's Table. That might change now that I saw the stuffed pepper picture. YUM!

Thanks for spreadin' the vegan love around!!:yay:

Hi v gan! Thank you so much for your reviews. I'm a vegetarian and your reviews have convinced me to make ADRs for both Sci-Fi and 50s Prime Time for my trip in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter