• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews! (Sept. 27 – Oct. 1) With LOTS of pictures!

Well, when I made the ADR's over the phone, I told the person to note that I was vegan on each of them. But when we got to the restaurant, they had obviously not been noted. So I'm not sure how that works. But, basically, when we sat down at any restaurant and our server came, I just asked what I could get that's vegan and they either explained my options, or had the chef come out to see what could be done. It wasn't hard at all. The only place my server seemed to be confused was at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, but my sister had no trouble at all there the day before, so I guess I just had bad luck. But everything turned out fine, eventually!

So, yeah. It's not hard at all to get vegan options. You just have to ask your server when you're seated, and they'll find out what can be done for you :) It's really nice, and the food it so good!

Thanks so much.
Can you tell me what kind of options you got at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre?
I have not thought of even trying this place because of the menu.

Being veggy my self I love to see others reviews I didn't even know they had vegan non-dairy ice cream (I eat dairy but it is still nice to know). I am glad to see that WDW is coming so far from the first time I visited. Next time I am so trying that bell pepper dish.

PS I so wish they would have an eggroll cart at DL those Samosas look so good!!!!!!

Thanks for the vegan reviews. I wish they had more veggie options. I'm not a vegetarian, but I do like to go meatless lots of the time.

Thank you so so so so so much for posting the picture of the Stuffed Pepper at 50's prime time & the Vegetarian menu at San Angel!! Those were the only two things that i couldnt find pictures of on the dis before now!

OMIGOSH the stuffed pepper looks sooooo good! We have ADRs at 11:30 for 50s PTC in February.. i wasnt sure of what i was going to get because i was thinking that the stuffed pepper would be blegh looking. Buuuut you cleared that up! And now we can think about eating at san angel again! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :banana:

Thanks for the review. Very helpful to know what options Disney has available and how accomodating they can be. (Never would have thought LTT would have the options avaialale that they did!:thumbsup2 )

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the reviews! I know a post like this would have been very, very helpful to me before our trip, so I'm glad I could help others out! :goodvibes

Thanks for the reviews with great pictures!

"Right before the parade, I went to the Seaside Diner and got an Apple-Cinnamon-Stuffed Pretzel:
day2-10.jpg

I didn’t know it was going to be so hot! I couldn’t finish eating it in all that heat, but it was good."

Where exactly is the Seaside Diner? I NEED to get that pretzel in February!

Great pics and reviews!

That pic of you two with the spaghetti is adorable! I'm sure that'll be a fun and cute memory for you both!

Thanks for the reviews with great pictures!

Where exactly is the Seaside Diner? I NEED to get that pretzel in February!

You're welcome!

It's the boat that's right across from the big dinosaur in the lake. Here's a picture of the location on the map:

pretzel.jpg

Right by the parade route!

PoohsHubby said:
Great pics and reviews!

That pic of you two with the spaghetti is adorable! I'm sure that'll be a fun and cute memory for you both! !

Thanks! Getting that picture was the main reason I made reservations at Tony's :) I'll definitely treasure it!

You're welcome!

It's the boat that's right across from the big dinosaur in the lake. Here's a picture of the location on the map:

pretzel.jpg

Right by the parade route!

Thanks! The map helps. I will definitely have this my next trip!
-Elisa

Excellent reviews - I am not a fan of veggies so couldn't be vegetarian but I am astounded at the variety of food that you managed to experience. Some of it looked really good :thumbsup2

DAY 4 (September 30) – Epcot and MNSSHP

Tangerine Café

I got the Vegetarian Platter. It was good, but it wasn’t very filling. I could have eaten two plates!

day4-1.jpg

It came with tabbouleh, hummus, an olive salad, couscous, pita bread, and a lentil salad (which has dairy, so Jon got to eat that :) )

At the Tangerine Cafe, I ordered a side of Hummus (something I absolutley love) for $2.00. It came with some pita chips but not nearly enough to scoop up the hummus. I was able to buy a large warm round of pita bread for $1.00 to help scoop up the rest. The hummus portion was like two large ice cream scoops. Amazing.

Anyway (sorry I ended up rambling) but if you order the veggie plate, and you are hungry you can supplement it cheaply with some hummus and warm pita bread. (yum!)

At the Tangerine Cafe, I ordered a side of Hummus (something I absolutley love) for $2.00. It came with some pita chips but not nearly enough to scoop up the hummus. I was able to buy a large warm round of pita bread for $1.00 to help scoop up the rest. The hummus portion was like two large ice cream scoops. Amazing.

Anyway (sorry I ended up rambling) but if you order the veggie plate, and you are hungry you can supplement it cheaply with some hummus and warm pita bread. (yum!)

YUM! That sounds like a good snack. We LOVE hummus.

Love your dining review. I am not 100% vegetarian, but close. I still eat and enjoy fish and seafood on occasion. Also, I am from B'ham too!!

Thanks for the reviews! We went in January, and DDs and I are vegetarian. We are going again this January, and I was worried about one restaurant, Garden Grill, because of the menu. It sounds like all I have to do is ask for veg options! Thanks for the great info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter