Vancouver hotels

atheneze

Earning My Ears
We're taking a cruise to Alaska next year and would love to hear about hotel reviews in Vancouver. Thanks.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific. It's right above the port... Literally. ;) it's across the street from the hotel Disney used in 2011 and around the corner from the public transport train.

We loved it. We signed up for their specials online.

We stayed 5 nights at L'Hermitage and it was fantastic. Smaller boutique hotel with a great pool. The staff was OUTSTANDING! We had a 1 bedroom "apartment" with a small kitchen and washer/dryer which was great! Would highly recommend it. The trip advisor reviews are right on.

We stayed at the Sheraton and loved it. Our room was beautiful. We had a gorgeous view of the city. We were in walking distance of restaurants and stores.

Fairmont Pacific Rim. Harbour View Suite.
Block from the terminal.
They will pick you up gratis.
Newer than it's sister property - Fairmont Waterfront which is directly across from the terminal and the Pan Pacific.

We stayed our first night at the Sheraton Wall. We then transferred to the Pan Pacific for the next 3 nights. Both hotels were fantastic - booked on hotwire.com - so much less than the rack rate or would not have been there at all. The Pan was extremely convenient! They came up to the room to take our luggage down to the ship in the morning. Took the elevator downstairs and walked into the terminal. Wish PC was that easy!

hi - we also stayed at the sheraton wall - i can't remember whether we used the pool - but the kids used the fitness room - it was great - and because we were getting in at 1am - so we didn't have a long ride from the airport - and the public transport into the city was so easy - we may try in the city next year - but it'll again depend on when the flights get in - so you may want to check when you're arriving and how - you're on the west coast so you could get in early and not have to worry about the trip from the airport -

We stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront and loved it! As a pp said right across from the ship and had a food court downstairs. Very comfortable.:)

We're local (1 hour east of Vancouver) and just stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour last week. It was a great location, maybe a five minute walk from the terminal, nice room, we had a corner room with floor to ceiling windows and great views, but the biggest plus was the service! Wonderful, friendly staff, so nice and helpful. I had joined my husband at the last minute on a business trip when his associate couldn't come along, so they weren't expecting him to arrive with 2 toddlers in tow. They were so quick to bring up a crib, help us with finding kid friendly restaurants nearby and even brought milk and warm cookies up to the room for them at no charge!
We love doing quick trips into the city and have stayed at a lot of places that are great (Sutton Place, Pan Pacific, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, L'Hermitage) but for a balance of reasonable price, great location and amazing service, Coast Coal Harbour has moved to the top of our list.

If you like older historic hotels, like we do, the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver was great. We had this huge suite and the service was impeccable and the location was great, right near the main downtown shopping street. For a newer hotel, check out the Delta Suites, Vancouver. Close to the port and has great rooms.

We are going next July, and book the Days Inn in Downtown. Smaller hotel, gets great reviews on trip advisor, and they say the location is great. Under $200 per night.

There are so many hotels to choose from!

The Pan Pacific is of course the most desirable, because it's *right there*. We've stayed at the Westin Bayshore and liked it a lot, and we stayed at the Westin Grand back in '03.

We've stayed at the Sutton, which is *lovely*, and also at their "sister" time-share-ish place, La Grande Residence at the Sutton Place. FABULOUS. Full kitchen, big bed, comfy living room...very swanky. We used hotels.com for that both times, and got some really good rates. Awesome thing about Sutton/Residence is that it's right above a Japadog cart, and up the street and around the corner from one of the ubiquitous Cafe Crepe locations. Who needs anything else but a (veggie for us) hot dog with pickled vegetables on it, with a crepe an hour or two later?

Renovated rooms at the Century Plaza are nice and the people on staff there are great.

We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn there, and they have a most interesting pool (very very deep, frighteningly deep actually!) for splashing around in.

We love Vancouver; can you tell? :)

Was the Pan Pacific "named" on Hotwire? If not, would you care to divulge your secrets in knowing what you were getting? I just priced it for next June and it's $500/night! :crazy2: Many thanks!

We stayed our first night at the Sheraton Wall. We then transferred to the Pan Pacific for the next 3 nights. Both hotels were fantastic - booked on hotwire.com - so much less than the rack rate or would not have been there at all. The Pan was extremely convenient! They came up to the room to take our luggage down to the ship in the morning. Took the elevator downstairs and walked into the terminal. Wish PC was that easy!

First I think you need to specify your price range. You can get some amazing rooms but they are going to cost you.

Hyatt Regency on Burrard is where we usually stay. A 5 minute taxi (under $9 incl tip for driver) to port or a 10 minute walk-all downhill. Again-it's not a cheap hotel.

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary and stayed at The Loden. It is close to Cole Harbor. ***** all the way. They have top notch customer service. Trendy. Good looking. Close to Cole Harbor where we had a fabulous meal at Cardero's - on the water - you can see the ocean, snow on the mountains and it is gorgeous. They have a free car service that will take you anywhere. Look on www.tripadvisor.com. Search for my review - aml3679 is my user name. Best hotel we ever stayed at.

That looks amazing!

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary and stayed at The Loden. It is close to Cole Harbor. ***** all the way. They have top notch customer service. Trendy. Good looking. Close to Cole Harbor where we had a fabulous meal at Cardero's - on the water - you can see the ocean, snow on the mountains and it is gorgeous. They have a free car service that will take you anywhere. Look on www.tripadvisor.com. Search for my review - aml3679 is my user name. Best hotel we ever stayed at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter