Vancouver hotels

We just stayed at Blue Horizon Hotel last week after our Alaska cruise. Nice big room, very clean, friendly staff.

It is on Robson Street which has a lot of shops and restaurants. We don't mind walking and it was a great location for that, we walked to Gastown and down to the bike rental locations near Stanley Park. It is also a stop for the Hop on Hop off bus.

It was $160 a night, though summer rates might be more.

I highly recommend it.

Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus Abercorn Inn, Richmond? Free airport transportation and good price if it will work.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We stayed at the Best Western - they had a cruise special that included transportation from the airport and then to the port the following day. They also included breakfast the morning that we left... It was clean and inexpensive....

Granville Island Hotel

You will have to take a cab to port but I love staying on Granville Island. Nothing beats breakfast in the market, AQUABUS over to downtown in the afternoon and then dinner at one of the many restaurants at night. When in Vancouver, I always make Granville Island Hotel my home base. Room will run you between 150 and 200 CAD.

aml3679 said:
My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary and stayed at The Loden. It is close to Cole Harbor. ***** all the way. They have top notch customer service. Trendy. Good looking. Close to Cole Harbor where we had a fabulous meal at Cardero's - on the water - you can see the ocean, snow on the mountains and it is gorgeous. They have a free car service that will take you anywhere. Look on www.tripadvisor.com. Search for my review - aml3679 is my user name. Best hotel we ever stayed at.

My DD seconds this recommendation! My DD and SIL honeymooned here and then the Four Seasons in Whistler and they liked Loden better!!

We're local (1 hour east of Vancouver) and just stayed at the Coast Coal Harbour last week. It was a great location, maybe a five minute walk from the terminal, nice room, we had a corner room with floor to ceiling windows and great views, but the biggest plus was the service! Wonderful, friendly staff, so nice and helpful. I had joined my husband at the last minute on a business trip when his associate couldn't come along, so they weren't expecting him to arrive with 2 toddlers in tow. They were so quick to bring up a crib, help us with finding kid friendly restaurants nearby and even brought milk and warm cookies up to the room for them at no charge!
We love doing quick trips into the city and have stayed at a lot of places that are great (Sutton Place, Pan Pacific, Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, L'Hermitage) but for a balance of reasonable price, great location and amazing service, Coast Coal Harbour has moved to the top of our list.

We stayed here in 2011 before our Alaska Cruise. Great location and amazing staff!!! You can walk to Canada Place. Would recomend to all!!

We, too, stayed at Pan Pacific this past May. It will go down as one of my favorite all time hotel stays. We had a room facing the water and could watch the seaplanes taking off all day, plus you can watch the ships come and go. We were right above the dock and got to look down on our ship when it docked the morning of our departure. A beautiful hotel in a great location. Don't forget to go out the doors and to the right in the plaza by the waterfront is the Olympic torch.

I have been watching the rates and looking for promo codes for the Pan Pacific for June 10 2013 sailing. Maybe I am too early as the rate is still around $500. Any suggestions?

Allyse said:
I have been watching the rates and looking for promo codes for the Pan Pacific for June 10 2013 sailing. Maybe I am too early as the rate is still around $500. Any suggestions?

Did you sign up for their specials? That's what we did.

We just stayed at Blue Horizon Hotel last week after our Alaska cruise. Nice big room, very clean, friendly staff.

It is on Robson Street which has a lot of shops and restaurants. We don't mind walking and it was a great location for that, we walked to Gastown and down to the bike rental locations near Stanley Park. It is also a stop for the Hop on Hop off bus.

It was $160 a night, though summer rates might be more.

I highly recommend it.

That's where we stayed as well and agree it was a great location, very central. Plus a huge room with a lot of windows.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific before and after our cruise and LOVED it. I was able to snag a AAA rate. I loved Vancouver, what an awesome city. I hope to get back there.

Did you sign up for their specials? That's what we did.

Tajz, can you recall what sort of deal you got via email? Right now the best deal I can get for an early June stay is still over $300 & just wondering if I'll get anything better by waiting for an email or if I should just take the $169 deal for a 4-star downtown that Hotwire is offering.

We stayed pre cruise at the Fairmont Pacific Rim and Post cruise Fairmont Waterfront. If you want upscale, go Pacific Rim, all the way! I was shocked to see the difference in the 2 rooms for a price difference of $20 per night! In walking distance to port is these two and Pan Pacific. Pan Pacific is right there, walk down the walkway and you are there!

I give two thumbs up to Pacific Rim, not so much to Waterfront.

Just booked Pan Pacific for July 2013 for $325 US dollars per night

Just got the Pan Pacific for $186 Aug. 25th. ( pre- cruise)

Entertainment rate. You need to call the hotel directly for the rate. Can't book that rate online.
AAA rate is not available anymore (not sure why).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter