Vacation Tips for Women! :)

My girls and I have had issues with chafing. They like skirts but still gave issues. We wear a panty liner on hot days for extra absorption and it really helps!

My massage therapist advised me to use icy hot or a similar product on my feed before bed each night while at the parks. This really helps tired feet!!

We also love Frogg Toggs. I cut one lengthwise and then we have 2. Wear around your neck.

Don't even worry about it, after a full day it won't even be full. Just empty it every 12 hours or so and it won't even be a concern.

not for everyone, esp.very heavy flow.... you kind of just...know.... it feels very 'clean' in comparison to other options in general,but for me, there are times when I have to check every hour to be sure,and wear a liner for protection there is nothing else as great as this item when it's hot outside and you're traveling! I suggest getting used to it for a couple of months before a trip....

I wear a lot of skirts...I like the look of a cool sneaker,like converse with many things...I like my Teva Mush flip flops when it's hot, I can walk all day in those,and they're super cute- and I like my Birkenstock sandals(found Mickey ones:cool1:) I tried the crocs flats with a little ribbon around the top, they were HORRIBLE- I had blisters after a couple of hours walking,I never wore them again.... I love the comfort of classic crocs, and can wear them with a skirt if I feel like being funky:lmao: but they can be slippery on the bottom

not for everyone, esp.very heavy flow.... you kind of just...know.... it feels very 'clean' in comparison to other options in general,but for me, there are times when I have to check every hour to be sure,and wear a liner for protection there is nothing else as great as this item when it's hot outside and you're traveling! I suggest getting used to it for a couple of months before a trip....

I can't find the original post that you were referring to but I'm guessing this is about the Diva Cup or similar product. I LOVE MINE!

I'm wondering if anybody has a tip about sunprotection on the scalp. My usual hairstyle is parted on one side and I always get sunburned.
I tried using normal and even oil-free sunscreen, but this makes the hair look oily and unclean.
I have been looking around to find a specific product for this problem but couldn't finf anything.

In my home country sun isn't that much of a problem because sadly we don't have summers like in Florida.

At home and at Disneyland I put just a dot of regular sunscreen on my finger and rub it in. Works fine. But I've never been to Florida so I'm thinking I would rather like a hat with the rim all the way around to provide my own shade. Still looking for that though. I need to find a hat that doesn't look silly on me. I'm not a hat person.

Planning on wearing a brimmed hat for our next trip every day but NOT my birthday since I'll be wearing my birthday ears! No brim, so I'll be super carefully about sunscreen on my face.

Hi everyone! I wear urban decay makeup setter when I need my makeup to stay in place. It is a spray that the face characters use at disney. It works wonderfully!

Does anyone have a good tip to prevent chaffing besides body glide? I am not able to find here( south bend in)

Thanks
Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi everyone! I wear urban decay makeup setter when I need my makeup to stay in place. It is a spray that the face characters use at disney. It works wonderfully! Does anyone have a good tip to prevent chaffing besides body glide? I am not able to find here( south bend in) Thanks Amber Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I found another brand of body glide at Walmart near the foot products in the health and beauty section. It's by arm and hammer and is in a deodorant looking container. It was $4.50, half the price of name brand body glide.

Try a mineral powder SPF. I've used Peter Thomas Roth's version on my scalp and it didn't leave my roots oily. There is also a select market of SPF leave-in conditioners, and hair products aimed at protecting color have UV filters.

Mineral Powder is a great idea. I have some Bare Minerals foundation powder with spf. I'll try that.

Has anyone used a sunscreen (spray) that is meant for your hair and scalp? I noticed a couple products online but wasn't sure if they were effective or left hair greasy. Thanks.

Hi,all. Just finished reading the whole thread. Great tips but I didn't see anything that talks about foot problems. I had bunion surgery several years ago on one foot and even though it helped, I ended up developing another problem in that foot (at the moment I can't think of what it's called but it's like a pinched nerve). Because of that, I haven't had the the bunion surgery done on my other foot. Due to all of this, I have to wear orthotics in my shoes. Any suggestions on what kind of shoes to wear at Disney if you have orthotic inserts? I was planning on just wearing my sneakers but am worried that my feet will be too hot, even if I get wicking socks. The only sandal that I can sometimes wear are made by Wolky (style= Jewel), but they're expensive and heavy! And since I can't wear my orthotics with them, I can't do a whole lot of walking in them. Anyone else have this kind of problem?

Hi,all. Just finished reading the whole thread. Great tips but I didn't see anything that talks about foot problems. I had bunion surgery several years ago on one foot and even though it helped, I ended up developing another problem in that foot (at the moment I can't think of what it's called but it's like a pinched nerve). Because of that, I haven't had the the bunion surgery done on my other foot. Due to all of this, I have to wear orthotics in my shoes. Any suggestions on what kind of shoes to wear at Disney if you have orthotic inserts? I was planning on just wearing my sneakers but am worried that my feet will be too hot, even if I get wicking socks. The only sandal that I can sometimes wear are made by Wolky (style= Jewel), but they're expensive and heavy! And since I can't wear my orthotics with them, I can't do a whole lot of walking in them. Anyone else have this kind of problem?

I've just been reading reviews on which sandal to get and one of them said they could fit orthotics in them. I've looked at Keens (Newport H2 and Venice H2 and Whisper) and Teva (Tirra), but I think it was the Keens.

I'd take your orthotics to the store with you and see. And just FYI Amazon had a better selection than REI.

I took notice because DH has inserts and has to wear sneakers. Not sure I could talk him into trying Keens.

Good luck!

I just purchased Coppertone sunscreen lotion- sensitive skin faces w/naturally sourced zinc oxide. SPF 50... "Won't clog pores or cause breakouts, hypoallergenic, fragrance free & water resistant (80 minuted)

I got it specifically for the face since I get bad breakouts with many other lotions. So far so good! Might be worth a shot :goodvibes

The only sunscreen I've found that I can use without causing an itchy red rash is California Baby Super Sensitive. It can be used on the face as well as body. It's also non-greasy, non-whitening and non-staining. So could be used on the scalp. It's fragrance free, mineral based, water resistant and broad spectrum.

Unfortunately, it's somewhat expensive at $20 for only 2.9 oz tube. :(
Also, they don't make a spray, so if by yourself, you can't get those hard to reach areas. And my body isn't very flexible. :(

I'm trying to figure out makeup as well. I have large pores and oily skin. Even using shine control makeup, I start shining after only a couple of hours. And that's on a daily basis in Indiana. I have very sensitive skin and many products won't work for me. I usually just take a paper napkin or paper towel and blot away the oil, then about mid day have to at least some more powder to my face.

Shoes: I'm an odd size. I have to wear a 5EE shoe. I could actually go smaller if I could find shoes wider in the toe, but not the heel. So any crocs, sketchers, teva's, etc. are out for me as they don't make them wide enough.
I haven't worn tennis shoes in years, but wear heels every day. Unfortunately, that's really not possible at WDW. So, I have to break out my old tennis shoes and start getting used to them again.

I've just been reading reviews on which sandal to get and one of them said they could fit orthotics in them. I've looked at Keens (Newport H2 and Venice H2 and Whisper) and Teva (Tirra), but I think it was the Keens.

I'd take your orthotics to the store with you and see. And just FYI Amazon had a better selection than REI.

I took notice because DH has inserts and has to wear sneakers. Not sure I could talk him into trying Keens.

Good luck!

Thank you Baseballnut! I found out that a sporting goods store just opened up nearby and they carry Keens. I tried a few styles on and one looks like it might work out for me. It's called Owyhee and it has a back to it so my orthotic won't slide out. They only had one color though, so I ordered a pair online and I'm looking forward to getting them to try wearing this summer.

Funny I carried mole skin for 2 or 3 trips to Disney didn't like it.

Monistat soothing gel tho I love....very good on feet to prevent blisters, great for preventing chafing and I use it as a primer under my make up. It's odorless an colorless DH uses it to prevent chafing as well.

We do not carry any back pack bags purses etc with us into the parks, we take a drink in each that we drink right away then get as large a cup of ice as we can get sometimes it's large sometimes it's small depends on what the CM is willing to give us we get more as needed.

Okay, since we're all girls here I'm just going to go ahead and ask for some advice for this. I have a small "girlstache" that isn't really noticeable, especially with makeup, but I'm very self conscious about it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know of any long term solutions?

You could try electrolysis. I belive it's the only "perminent" solution. Laser also works, but if the hair isn't "dark" (more like a light peach fuzz) it doesn't work. Good Luck!! :)

Okay, since we're all girls here I'm just going to go ahead and ask for some advice for this. I have a small "girlstache" that isn't really noticeable, especially with makeup, but I'm very self conscious about it. Does anyone have a similar problem and know of any long term solutions?

I have a pink electric razor thing that cuts my unibrow and girlstashe very easily. I bought it at target. Looks like a large lipstick tube when closed.

I'm trying to figure out makeup as well. I have large pores and oily skin. Even using shine control makeup, I start shining after only a couple of hours. And that's on a daily basis in Indiana. I have very sensitive skin and many products won't work for me. I usually just take a paper napkin or paper towel and blot away the oil, then about mid day have to at least some more powder to my face.

I'm similar, and use MAC Pro Longwear Foundation and layer with a loose, translucent powder. My makeup stays in place all day, and I don't end up getting very oily. When needed, I use oil blotting papers. In the past, I used the generic brand from Target, but the other day was able to pick these up at Dollar Tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter