Vacation off to Bad Start at Caribbean Beach

The last time we stayed at CBR we couldn't get into our room until 6:30. We were told that the carpets had been shampooed and weren't dry yet. When we got into the room it was obvious that the carpet not only had NOT been shampooed, they had not even been vacuumed!

That is just unacceptable.
Disney knows exactly which day you are arriving. For guests arriving by magical express they even know almost to the hour when the guests will arrive. You gave them a "heads up we are here" at 1:30, even if it is before check in starts. There is no good reason they could not find you an available room except mismanagement.

That is just unacceptable.
Disney knows exactly which day you are arriving. For guests arriving by magical express they even know almost to the hour when the guests will arrive. You gave them a "heads up we are here" at 1:30, even if it is before check in starts. There is no good reason they could not find you an available room except mismanagement.

They were offered a room prior to the smelly one. The refused it due to location.

Well if check in isn't guaranteed at 3pm, then I believe check out shouldn't be guaranteed at 11am. If they can lollygag getting me a room, then I can lollygag leaving it.

Just don't be surprised when you get a nice little charge in your credit card for not checking out on time. A dispute you won't win since you agree to the terms when you make the reservation. They don't guarantee you a room by 3 pm.

I respectfully disagree. Guests are the ones footing the bill in exchange for a service. If Disney specifies that check-in begins at 3:00 pm, then it is reasonable for a guest to assume they will be allowed to check in at or after 3:00 pm.

You are right checking begins at 3 pm they don't guarantee you a room by 3 pm. It has nothing to do with you agreeing or not those are the terms you are agreeing when you make the reservation.

The resort will do anything possible to get you a room by 3pm believe they want you to avoid the problem as much as you do, but sometimes it just isn't possible.

They were offered a room prior to the smelly one. The refused it due to location.

We were not offered anything until around 3:30, and that was after I had been standing at the desk for nearly half an hour. The text came through and I was happy to be in Aruba, then they told me no I can't have that room in Aruba. That's when they said I would have to wait at least one more hour to get in a room and then the Cm circled Barbados 16 on the map and said that is the room we would have when we were finally texted in an hour or so. I did not refuse the Barbados room. I just asked if they might have anything not in Barbados. I would have taken the Barbados room if I had been told that the only other option was a smelly room in the building right next to Barbados 16 (Martinique 21). :p

I was so worried about our room etc and today we checked in - arrival estimated at 2 (which was when we did arrive). We got text a couple hours previously that we were in room 2427 and it doesn't smell bad! Yay! Also it is first floor that I needed for having a walker. Bonus it is near the bus stop.

I was so worried about our room etc and today we checked in - arrival estimated at 2 (which was when we did arrive). We got text a couple hours previously that we were in room 2427 and it doesn't smell bad! Yay! Also it is first floor that I needed for having a walker. Bonus it is near the bus stop.
Glad it worked out for you.

It is a nice resort and the CMs are working hard to make it a wonderful place. Hope you have a wonderful stay.

It is a nice resort and the CMs are working hard to make it a wonderful place. Hope you have a wonderful stay.

The grounds are beautiful. The pool is fun. Resort is in a great location and very convenient to HS, Epcot, mini golf, and water parks. You get a beautiful view of the HS fireworks, also. Food court is nice and has good food. Shutters is great as well.
If you are prepared to ask for a new room if your first one smells, it can really be a great resort. The room we have now is fine. There are a lot of things to like about CBR.

I love your attitude! Unfortunately on a property the size of Disney, mishaps can and will happen but It's great to see you're staying positive and not letting it ruin your vacation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter