Vacation Club Guide (Bernard Lebaupin) goes the extra step

Status
Not open for further replies.

eporter66

DIS Veteran & DVC Owner at SSR
I just thought that it is easy to critisize things, although this board is one of the few on the web that has so many positive posts.

I just wanted to share with everyone that while we were at SSR for our vacation, we got a call from our Vacation Club Guide Bernard Lebeaupin in our room. We got back from dinner and he had left us a message welcoming us, and just saying that if we needed anything to call him - and that he hoped we had a nice stay.

I am not sure if this is standard practice, and since it was our first trip "home" as DVC'ers, we are not used to the "extras".

It was a thoughtful gesture, and another example of how Disney does things right.

Nice touch. We've never had a call from our guide, but I think that is a nice thing for him to do.

giving us a welcome home call every trip since we joined in '98

Nice touch and I bet he gets some add ons by doing so. I've heard of this, my hubby's client has a guide that does this for them.

We've never heard anything from our guide. Twice we have went to him, and have heard nothing from him.

I'm kind of curious.....how do the guides know you are coming? Do you mention it to them yourselves or do they actually keep track of everyone?

We haven't heard anything from our guide since the day we decided to purchase our points. He seemed totally disinterested in us, almost as if he couldn't care less whether we bought through him or not. I think if he had talked to us afterwards he would have an extra sale or two. We have friends who are interested in purchasing, and we've been on the fence about adding on some more points already. Had he shown a little more interest in us, I would have recommended him to people and I would have already purchase the points. Sorry! Just a little vent! :)

We got a call on one of last year's trips from our guide. We then purchased an add on and literally never heard a word after that (no thank you card, no follow up call, etc.). LOL I guess she figured we had spent enough already. ;)

Bernard is our guide as well. I have always found him responsive, helpful and very patient with thoughtful answers to our questions. He has helped us with a few decisions - always with good advice. He's called us when we were at WDW - fun to hear a friendly voice.

Bernard is our guide. We have been members since 1997 and always hear from him when we arrive home and when we get a chance we stop over and visit him. We have 5 add ons and he has kept us up todate all the time.:Pinkbounc

Our first guide James always called. Then on our last trip our new guide Scott called us also. I thought that they called everyone.

Another thumbs up for Bernard, he is WONDERFUL! Helped with initial SSR purchase and also with VWL addon. I'd love to meet him during our upcoming trip!

Nice to hear there are nice guides out there. Ours has never called and we also have purchased twice from him. Matter of fact about a month ago I called about possibly adding on and he is no longer working for DVC. Or at least they have no record of him, and they couldn't tell me who my new guide was. It was like no one cared, got a little frustrated!

So, now we are looking at the resale market for the addon :)

I am not sure if this is standard practice, and since it was our first trip "home" as DVC'ers, we are not used to the "extras".

With Bernard, it is. ::yes::

Bernard is our guide, too and he is awesome. ::yes::

Originally posted by Stimpy
I'm kind of curious.....how do the guides know you are coming? Do you mention it to them yourselves or do they actually keep track of everyone?

I've wondered that myself.

We bought into DVC in Dec 98. Our first stay as members was in Jan 2000. As we walked off the elevator at the BWV there was our guide waiting for the elevators. He recoginzed us immediatley and said hello to us by name. It took me a second to figure out who he was! I was truly impressed. I figured he must have been notified that we were there but still it was quite remarkable that he would remember us just walking off an elevator.

Kristen :earsgirl:

Add us to the Bernard Fans list. He was great when we made our initial purchase. I plan on dropping in to say hello to him when we go down for our first trip home next week. (maybe I can talk the wife into an add on at SSR while we are there)

One more for Bernard! He has always called and/or left a message for us. I don't really know how he knows we are there -- we never share our vacation plans with him. A Disney mystery! And I know that his continued interest in us has made it easier for us to add on to our initial purchase 3 different times (maybe it is 4 -- DH keeps track of those things. I just book the vacations!)

143 days until we have a welcome message from Bernard!

Pattyoh

We have Derek Deboer and he has called to welcome us home every time too, and follows up after our trip to make sure we had a good time. Just love him! Isn't it great having a wonderful guide! :thumbsup2 If anyone needs Derek's contact info or needs a great guide, let me know ; )
Lesley

Disney has a sales prospect tracking program that the Guides have access to. They track all of your DVC info, contracts, resale or direct, price paid, purchase patterns, vacation patterns etc.

Some Guides use it for the "hello" call finding that it leads to extra sales. Other Guides use the time to focus on the more lucrative newbie sale.

:) Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!