V & S - 11/12/2010 - SBP/Attic/UK Lower - WE ARE BACK!

Hey! I just posted a reply to your autograph book question on the main board. Excited to find the PJ! The pages for autographs are better than I imagined.
My family camps (camper & tents too) at Fort Wilderness every Christmas so it holds a special place in my heart!!! We have thought about doing the BBQ, maybe you could rent a few golf carts for the day (it's a large place and things are really far apart).

I love the wedding dress, everything sounds perfect . :cutie:

Cara

Golf carts for the day are a great idea! Thanks for the tip. Do you know if we should book golf carts in advance...or do they have a lot?

We are 60 days away from the big day! I got the email from Brevard County today that they can now process our license application. We just need to take the forms to a notary and send them back. Then we should be good to go.

We had some issues with our "surprise plans" for our bridal party. We were hoping to let some of them have special night in our Bay Lake Tower - MK view room. The person we rented DVC points from says "no" to trying to change the reservations to our guests names. So the plus side is that we are now staying in BLT for five nights rather than at Fort Wilderness Campsites. It will be a way different experience, but it will be wonderful to stay in a room we would never pay for otherwise! Now we need new gift ideas for our bridal party.

We have booked our rehearsal dinner. We decided to go for a fun experience rather than an expensive and intimate private dining experience. We made reservations for our rehearsal guests at....wait for it......Epcot...........................Biergarten! I think it's perfect for our crowd!

Flights booked. Check. Arriving on the Saturday before our Friday wedding and leaving the Sunday after.

We moved all of our complimentary room nights around to better suit our confirmed schedule. I really can't say enough about Jessica Carter. She is quick to respond and very helpful and courteous...even when I ask her things 3 x or have to make changes because I've "jumped the gun". So, we have 2 free nights due to the promotion that was on when we booked our Wishes wedding. Using them at the Poly on the night we arrive and the night after out wedding night. Our complimentary night will be used on the Sunday before our wedding if we make the 25 nights in our block.(which we don't expect to).

I had a second floral meeting over two weeks ago and have not yet received an updated quote. Hoping it arrives soon, as it will determine any changes we need to make in order to stay as close to our minimum as possible.

We are having some issues with guests not making plans yet. The last time I checked on Expedia the room rates offered at the value resort in our block (Sports) was cheaper than the room block rate we were given. And, there is a free dining promotion on.

I'm back to work (teacher), so the time is flying. Things are getting exciting!

Thanks for reading.

40 ish days away.

Our guest count is slipping a bit. It was really to be expected. There were about 10 people who surprised us when they showed interest in attending. Most of these 10 have since decided the timing doesn't fit their schedules.

Wondering if you did anything special (like bring photos or have a list of names or something) for important people in your life, who didn't/couldn't make the trip??

Our numbers are at 24 adults and 6 children.

Although our BEO is close to the way we'd like it, for some reason, I'm still hesitant to send it in signed lol.

We are finalizing our music selections, thinking about trying to spend a few hundred more dollars to reach our minimum, and thinking about how we will get things to Florida!

Thanks for reading!

We've decided to go with the clumsy waiter for extra entertainment at our wedding!
Our guest numbers went down, so we had to spend an extra $1200 to meet the minimum expenditure.

We originally were hoping we could just get one uninvited guest, but apparently it's not possible to get just one.

So, clumsy waiter it is!

We have also decided to get personalized mickey ears for the kids attending the wedding!

Hi...just joining in! We are looking to get married 11/12/12...so we might share the same anniversary day!

The clumsy waiter is a great idea! I've been thinking about getting something like that at ours.

I just found your PJ!! Not only will we be in WDW on your wedding day... but we're eating at Big River Grille for lunch that day!! We normally eat around 11:30 or 12:00!! Are you a 12:00 spot?? If so.. I'm totally sitting outside to stalk :rotfl2: It will be here before you know it!! Good Luck!!

Hi...just joining in! We are looking to get married 11/12/12...so we might share the same anniversary day!

The clumsy waiter is a great idea! I've been thinking about getting something like that at ours.

It's a good date! I'm going to check out your pj..hope you have one!

We got our final paperwork for our marriage license. Brevard County clerk's offics = two thumbs up.

34 days...but who's counting? :rotfl2:

How I missed your PJ, I'll never know but I l:lovestrucve what youve got so far. Everything is so beautiful! Your time is creeping up! Keep the good stuff coming!

Oh and after reading your clumsy waiter idea..I am toying with it too. Let me know how it goes! Although I dont think my family/guests will have any problem with "entertaining":rolleyes1 themselves..lmao!

I've read your plans and everything sounds amazing! I've got a couple of questions as im nosy hehe

Are you having any characters and are you having a bridal photo shoot in the parks?

I've read your plans and everything sounds amazing! I've got a couple of questions as im nosy hehe

Are you having any characters and are you having a bridal photo shoot in the parks?

No to both. We are only having the clumsy waiter and a caricature artist. No Disney characters. We are going with an outside photographer (Randy Chapman)...and not doing anything with disney photography.

Thanks for reading!

sounds good, the clumsy waiter & carricaturist are plenty of entertainment! I love randy chapmans work, cant wait to see your pics! Its not long now, bet your so excited :cheer2:

Yes! It feel soooo soon.

I sort of figured out how to make the mickey fan programs in a way I like. I'm planning on just taking all the stuff there and making them while I'm down there. I used ribbon to cover the entire stick. I also used youtube to figure out how to tie a lil' bowtie so that it is not crooked. I'll try and post a pic this weekend.

Apparently we have reached the required minimum so that we get a free night! Yay. Unfortunately, this means that we will no longer need to stay at the campsites at Fort Wilderness. We're having a slumber party there one night for the kids, but other than that...we'll be staying 3 nights at the Polynesian (booked with our 2 free nights promotion and 1 free night due to rooms booked) and 5 nights at BLT - fireworks view studio room.

Our planner's admin assistant changed. I really loved the first one. It's just a bit of a wrench in things when you know that someone has helped you with all the little things along the way...and then all of a sudden that person no longer works for Disney. I'm sure the new person has been briefed lol!

I emailed to ask where to send my dress/stuff today...here is the response:
Shipping to: YOUR NAME

Guest checking into resort on XX/XX/XX (list the date of your checkin)

Also put a phone number on the label in case they need to get a hold of you for any reason

I would suggest that you ship anything you need to in order to be able to take your dress on the plane with you. I would advise you to fly with your dress because you never know what could happen during the shipping process and I would hate for it to get lost in the mail or damaged. Just something to keep in mind before you ship it.

Just joining in! Every thing sounds great so far! Your dress is really nice! And a bargain as you didnt have to pay for it!! :thumbsup2 I cant wait to read more!

No, sorry.....I don't even know which designer it is. I tried to find it once...but I never did. There must be a tag on it somewhere. For some reason I think it might be DaVinci something or other.

Just saw your post on the main board...thought I would come here and take a look at what you have so far...off to make some recommendations...everything lookgs great! Time will fly by!

We had another guest cancel. Our numbers are at 20 adults, 3 infants and 3 children.

Since we had a couple hundred dollars to play with, the extra person savings meant we could also include a DP photo shoot! This is great because the flash I have on my camera is no the best..and I won't have to stress so much about having good pics for the DP.

Also..we think we are changing the programs to a black backing...just thinking about what colour to do the bowtie!

We are leaving in 3 days. We are driving for 9 hours to Minneapolis and spending the night. Our flight leaves Saturday at 7am ish. Should be at Disney sometime Saturday...checking into the Poly for two nights before heading over to Bay Lake Tower!

I can hardly believe the time is almost here! 10 more days!

It's finally here. I'm leaving knowing that there will be at least a few small things that I will forget...but I know DFTW will make it all awesome in the end! Should be checking into our two free nights at the Poly on Sat!!!!!

Thanks for following along..I sort of stopped posting at a number of times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter