• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using Touring Plans to fax room requests - Anyone have success yet?

So we can't use the confirmation number? That's all I can see on the MDE site :(

That's the # I have entered, now, but I'm not sure after seeing some of the comments… Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in to let us know for sure! I, too, am having a problem finding the longer reservation # this trip … odd.

That's the # I have entered, now, but I'm not sure after seeing some of the comments… Hopefully, someone who knows will chime in to let us know for sure! I, too, am having a problem finding the longer reservation # this trip … odd.

The 12 digit confirmation number on the MDE site is what you use. For those having problems, there is an extensive thread on the touring plans forum in the Accomodations section. The title is "It's Alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests." Len often responds directly to questions if someone else doesn't get to it first.

I just searched that thread at touring plans and he said the 8 digit confirmation number should work too. I don't see a 12 digit reservation/confirmation number on anything I have (MDE or documents received via mail) so I was happy to read that.

The 12 digit confirmation number on the MDE site is what you use. For those having problems, there is an extensive thread on the touring plans forum in the Accomodations section. The title is "It's Alive! New automatic fax for Disney room requests." Len often responds directly to questions if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Thanks. So far, for this trip, I haven't found the 12 digit reservation # on MDE (I did, on prior trips, so not sure if something changed). Only the 8 digit…

I just searched that thread at touring plans and he said the 8 digit confirmation number should work too. I don't see a 12 digit reservation/confirmation number on anything I have (MDE or documents received via mail) so I was happy to read that.

Thanks - not sure where that thread is, but I'll look for it. I, too, haven't seen a 12 digit reservation #.

I was not even aware of this service until prompted recently by TP. I did make a request (at Pop). We shall see how things work out when I check in on Monday. FTR, I have a terrible track record at getting requests at pretty much every resort I have stayed at.

I was not even aware of this service until prompted recently by TP. I did make a request (at Pop). We shall see how things work out when I check in on Monday. FTR, I have a terrible track record at getting requests at pretty much every resort I have stayed at.
Please post and let us know what happens. Good luck!

I sent in my request today, 5 days out tomorrow. I just saw an area to request for 1 room, though we have 3, so I added a note saying we'd like all 3 in the same area. We'll see what happens when we get there 5/31!

We got our email from TP saying our room request was faxed. Will find out Monday if successful!

I booked through Orbitz so my MDE doesn't have the 12 digit number- but all the emails from Disney have it. Got a confirmation email from Disney a few days after booking (with the countdown) and the number is right below the countdown.

Thanks. So far, for this trip, I haven't found the 12 digit reservation # on MDE (I did, on prior trips, so not sure if something changed). Only the 8 digit…

Thanks - not sure where that thread is, but I'll look for it. I, too, haven't seen a 12 digit reservation #.

I'm in the same boat as well. Someone said it's the number under your magic band on the mb page in MDE, and I see a 12 digit number under my MB for a previous trip, but the new MB's just show as "pending". The 12 digit number may not show up until the MB's are finalized and shipped. I've looked through my confirmation emails from Disney, and none of them contain a 12 digit number, either....only the 8 digit.

Of course, out of curiosity, I called Disney this morning and asked a cast member about getting my 12 digit reservation number. She told me that the 12 digit numbers are for room-only reservations, and the 8 digit alpha-numeric is for packages. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

On the plus side, it appears that the 8 digit alpha-numeric confirmation also works, so we should be good to go.

I'm in the same boat as well. Someone said it's the number under your magic band on the mb page in MDE, and I see a 12 digit number under my MB for a previous trip, but the new MB's just show as "pending". The 12 digit number may not show up until the MB's are finalized and shipped. I've looked through my confirmation emails from Disney, and none of them contain a 12 digit number, either....only the 8 digit.

Of course, out of curiosity, I called Disney this morning and asked a cast member about getting my 12 digit reservation number. She told me that the 12 digit numbers are for room-only reservations, and the 8 digit alpha-numeric is for packages. Not sure if that's accurate or not.

On the plus side, it appears that the 8 digit alpha-numeric confirmation also works, so we should be good to go.
Not sure if that is accurate about the 8 digit being for packages and 12 digit res number for room only.. Last year we had the 8 digit confirmation and the 12 digit reservation and we were booked with a package, not room only. Unless it changed since Nov 2014. This time I can only see the 8 digit res number and cannot find the 12 digit res number.

I also remember the first few numbers from my 12 digit reservation number from last years Nov trip, so I just went to my magic band from last years trip on MDE and the 12 digit number under my magic band is definitely not the same number as my reservation was last year. I only remember what it partly was because we needed that 12 digit res number for BOG fps last trip, so I had it written down everywhere. That magic band number isn't even close so I'm not sure thats it either.

Last edited:

I've entered my 8 digit number (though, I may change it when I receive my luggage tags as it is my understanding that the 12 digit # is on there??). Yeah, Not sure if 12 digit is really only room-only reservations, as I did have a 12 digit # with all prior stays (all of which have been packages) and I have a room only reservation (split stay) which has an 8 digit number… Same thing under my MB - "pending"

Thanks for sharing your experience, as well!!

I stayed at the Poly last week. I requested a ground floor in Samoa facing the big pool. I made my requests through Orbitz when I booked in December, through online check-in, and then again using the touring plans service. Don't know who to give credit, but we got one room over from the exact room I requested. I was very pleased with the results.

So made it to CBR today. I didn't get the exact room I requested but got the one two doors down. It actually turned out to be a better view and is a corner room. Very happy with it. I would use the fax option again for sure.
That's good to hear. What area did you request?

I stayed at the Poly last week. I requested a ground floor in Samoa facing the big pool. I made my requests through Orbitz when I booked in December, through online check-in, and then again using the touring plans service. Don't know who to give credit, but we got one room over from the exact room I requested. I was very pleased with the results.

The room assigner gets the credit. All 3 of those methods get your requests to the room assigner. They don't give one precedent over any other.

Does anyone have an example of a fax they've sent themselves? I'd like to see how to word it and what is the fax number to AKL-Kidani?

Well we didn't get the room or even building we requested- but I am pleased where we ended up- it's about the same room location just in a different building so really no big deal.

I requested Martinique 2562 based on the view from the room. That is a really cool feature of touring plans. I must have looked at a hundred different room views. The room we got was 2564 and it's perfect. When I did on line check in I had requested Martinique upper floor so the fax had to be read. I saw other threads saying faxes wouldn't work but they must.

We check in this Friday and this morning I received an email from Disney with a 12 digit reservation number. I went into Touring Plans and updated the fax form with this number. TP fax our form tomorrow so here's hoping it works. I will update here when I find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter