Using Touring Plans to fax room requests - Anyone have success yet?

I don't know about when it might work. It worked for me as soon as I clicked it. It is a pop up box so if you have your computer set to block pop ups it probably won't work.
It looks like you are leaving in over a week, so I think that is what happens. I still have over 5 months. I use my ipad so no pop-ups, and it brings me to my dashboard when clicking it and even from my computer at work so maybe when the trip gets closer, they'll be able to send a fax.

It looks like you are leaving in over a week, so I think that is what happens. I still have over 5 months. I use my ipad so no pop-ups, and it brings me to my dashboard when clicking it and even from my computer at work so maybe when the trip gets closer, they'll be able to send a fax.
Leaving in 11 days :) can't wait :)
I will post when we get there if we got the room we requested.

Our trip isn't until October and I was able to add my request.

For anyone who has successfully used it - did you do early check in? And, if so - I would assume you didn't make any special requests? Just worried that I might somehow 'override' my requests from Touringplans.com

Thanks!!

For anyone who has successfully used it - did you do early check in? And, if so - I would assume you didn't make any special requests? Just worried that I might somehow 'override' my requests from Touringplans.com

Thanks!!
I requested the village of the room I wanted and upper floor which matched the specific room requested.

I requested the village of the room I wanted and upper floor which matched the specific room requested.
I see that it also lists quite a few other rooms after the one you choose on the form. Did you change that or leave it with those other room numbers?

I see that it also lists quite a few other rooms after the one you choose on the form. Did you change that or leave it with those other room numbers?
I left them all. It really won't matter to us if we get the exact room or not. I just thought it would be fun to try.

On the TP website, they recommended (via a question on the forums) NOT to put in any other requests -- by phone or during online check-in -- if you're going to have them fax. As mentioned, they'll automatically send the fax 5 days before check-in. You'll get an email telling you it was sent. If it doesn't go through for some reason, they'll continue trying to send for 24 hours.

Also, we booked both our hotels through Orbitz, and, prior to finding out about TP's fax service, I called Disney and tried to add requests. They wouldn't let me because I needed to go through the "travel agency" I booked with. TP's fax got through with no problem, and I even got a reply to the fax from POR letting me know they had received it. So, it seems like a great option for third-party bookings.

Apparently, the wording TP uses is quite different that what we "regular" people would use. They claim that they researched Disney's own lingo to use the specific wording that the room assigners use, to increase the possibilities of getting the room you want. The requests are something like:
Bldg 1,Flr 5,NW-facing room.Exmple:5155,5157,5153,5151,5159,5149,5161,5163,5147

You can go to their website and look at the room views there for free, and at the bottom, it will give you the wording to fax if you want to do it yourself.

I was skeptical -- until it worked so well for me at two resorts in March.

Of course I cannot find my reservation number anywhere on MDE. I only see the alphanumerical one from TA. Last year I had no problem getting this 12 digit number. Anyone know where to find it? I know the confirmation number and reservation numbers are different.

I already have the room picked on Touring Plans for my November trip, staying in a Royal Room at Riverside. But how do you fax it and how far out from your check-in date do you fax it? I booked through a TA, so does this matter? When I go to the room I chose, on the bottom of the view photo, it says "To request this room, provide Disney with the following text." Is it a text or fax?
It's a fax. "Text" had a definition long before cell phones were invented.

Of course I cannot find my reservation number anywhere on MDE. I only see the alphanumerical one from TA. Last year I had no problem getting this 12 digit number. Anyone know where to find it? I know the confirmation number and reservation numbers are different.

I heard somewhere that there is a way to get it from the url in MDE. Not sure, but there was a thread on here about it sometime ago.

I heard somewhere that there is a way to get it from the url in MDE. Not sure, but there was a thread on here about it sometime ago.
Thats how I got it last year. This time I hovered over everything I could find on MDE and no reservation number showed up.

We did this. While we didn't get the room we requested, we got a room in the same area= only a few rooms down from the one we requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter