Using RCI to book DVC

Hi! I've traded into DVC many times through RCI. The good news is that there is usually lots of inventory for September. We usually go every year at that time for my kids' fall break. We've stayed at BCV, BWC, WL, and SSR. I've passed on AKL. So yes it is very possible to get something other than SSR or OKW!!

I also haven't gotten a 2BR since Sept 14. Last year I was able to get two 1BR at SSR, which honestly worked out better for us so my in laws had a separate space. We loved SSR! We had an awesome view of DS right near the walkway and steps from the quiet pool. SSR called me and asked our room preference and we ended up being down the hall from our family.

I can tell you that deposits appear online around 10:30 am and 1:30 pm EST and occasionally overnight/early morning. You want to stalk the site beginning 5 months out (use to be 7) up until 2 weeks before your travel date. Lots of last minute deposits are for something other than SSR! Ongoing search matches may start to match before 5 months depending on how aged your search is.

Good Luck!!
I have an RCI "Weeks" account rather than an RCI "Points" account. Do you think that matters?

I have an RCI "Weeks" account rather than an RCI "Points" account. Do you think that matters?
I do but it doesn't change the dynamics. Basically there will be more deposited weeks available to the RCI points owners because they will have access to weeks deposited in both systems while those with a weeks account will only have access to a portion. But sometimes there are deposits in RCi weeks that don't show up in RCI points. I have both and I definitely see more deposits in RCI points than in RCI weeks though there is a lot of overlap. Right now there is one villa on each side and it's not the same week and each doesn't show up on the other side. And none are ghost deposits (not actually available or already taken).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter