• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

I did not post that I worked there on this thread, but, have posted it on numerous other posts. The poster stated that it was an ER reservation, hence the reason I questioned it and also corrected the size of the mini van, (7 pax, not 8)
Have a great day!!:)

I guess I haven't read the other threads where you identify yourself as a National employee.

So I have a question then. Why book Midsize ER when everything in the EA should be a Midsize at the very least. Isn't it the same thing?

Emerald reserve is the program where you select the car class you want and make a reservation for it. IE: if you want a mini van you sign in via the Emerald Club site and select mini van. If you actually want a full size, I would recommend you make an Emerald Club reservation for a mid size, cause you will most probably get a full size, since we rarely put mid size cars on the EA.

The Emerald Club program is well described here: https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=emcIndex.do&type=uszl-withnav-header

Thank you for the link, do you have to pay to be a memeber?
I just want to make renting the car drama free for my husband, if its a long process he will get crabby and that will not be a good start to our trip.
And advice?

I guess I haven't read the other threads where you identify yourself as a National employee.

So I have a question then. Why book Midsize ER when everything in the EA should be a Midsize at the very least. Isn't it the same thing?

I have no idea why people do a midsize ER over a EA. Seems silly to me.

I have a reservation using this code for June 9th-16th. I was able to call in and modify the reservation to add a $35 off coupon. I couldn't do it online. It looks like no one is having problems with this code. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been able to come close to this price for a mini-van anywhere else (Except Dollar which I refuse to rent from).

Thank you for the link, do you have to pay to be a memeber?
I just want to make renting the car drama free for my husband, if its a long process he will get crabby and that will not be a good start to our trip.
And advice?

Nope, Emerald Club is free. Sign up before you leave and make your reservations via the log in for EC members. Totally trouble free.

I have a reservation using this code for June 9th-16th. I was able to call in and modify the reservation to add a $35 off coupon. I couldn't do it online. It looks like no one is having problems with this code. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been able to come close to this price for a mini-van anywhere else (Except Dollar which I refuse to rent from).

Where did you locate the 35.00 off coupon? Can that be shared here?

Where did you locate the 35.00 off coupon? Can that be shared here?

There is a new National code for $35 off a weekly rental. It is good thru Sept. 15, 2012. The code is ND8578ADT

There is a new National code for $35 off a weekly rental. It is good thru Sept. 15, 2012. The code is ND8578ADT

Thank you for sharing! I used the Air France code successfully in February, it's completely legitimate.

When I applied the coupon I noticed on my reservation it says '35.00 off a weekly rental' and underneath it says 'forfeited value of coupon post tax 13.41'

They deducted the 35.00 but added 13.41. Why?

Also can more than one coupon be used?

I used the KLM code without any problems last week. Arrived at the Terminal A garage around 4pm on Wednesday, lots of choices. I had booked a midsize SUV through ER, which was what I required, and ended up grabbing a Chevy Captiva off the EA with low mileage. Drove to the exit booth, gave them my license, EC card and credit card. They never asked for any KLM documentation. I also used the Mousesavers $35 coupon which did not require a physical coupon.

When I returned the car, the receipt they gave me had the same total price I had booked.

When I got my email later from National, it did say that a certain amount was still due, but my credit card was only charged for the initial amount that was booked online. Others have noted this earlier in the thread, but I assume National eats this in order to gain KLM frequent flyers or else KLM takes care of it. Either way, the price you book through EC is what you pay.

I would encourage all EC members to utilize this code as I saved almost 50% over any other National codes I could find and who knows how long it'll remain available. It's a great deal and I thank the OP for letting us know about it. :worship:

First I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU OP for this code :worship: :worship: :worship:

I found this thread a few months ago and booked a midsize SUV for out Sept trip. (we can not do Disney ME because my little one gets car sick bad on that bus, we learned the hard way) With that code I got the SUV for $243
I was thrilled!!!! :yay: :yay:

I have been reading to see how it has worked out for all of you and from this thread I learned about the Emerald Club, I signed up online today, then I called National to tell them I have now signed up and give them my number, I then asked if I can add that $35 code that was posted here. They added it, So now I owe $204. for a week in a SUV.. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

One more question... How do I do the ER lot? (i can't have any drama for DH)
Once I get to MCO and get our luggage what to I do next?

First I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU OP for this code :worship: :worship: :worship:

I found this thread a few months ago and booked a midsize SUV for out Sept trip. (we can not do Disney ME because my little one gets car sick bad on that bus, we learned the hard way) With that code I got the SUV for $243
I was thrilled!!!! :yay: :yay:

I have been reading to see how it has worked out for all of you and from this thread I learned about the Emerald Club, I signed up online today, then I called National to tell them I have now signed up and give them my number, I then asked if I can add that $35 code that was posted here. They added it, So now I owe $204. for a week in a SUV.. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!

One more question... How do I do the ER lot? (i can't have any drama for DH)
Once I get to MCO and get our luggage what to I do next?

Once you get your luggage, proceed to the 1st level of the terminal, cross the street to the garage, go to National, ask the friendly greeter where the SUV's are, go and select your vehicle, and drive to the exit booth and show your license and perhaps your credit card if this is the first time using ER/EC.

Thank you for sharing! I used the Air France code successfully in February, it's completely legitimate.

When I applied the coupon I noticed on my reservation it says '35.00 off a weekly rental' and underneath it says 'forfeited value of coupon post tax 13.41'

They deducted the 35.00 but added 13.41. Why?

Also can more than one coupon be used?

No, you cannot use more than one coupon or corporate code.

Once you get your luggage, proceed to the 1st level of the terminal, cross the street to the garage, go to National, ask the friendly greeter where the SUV's are, go and select your vehicle, and drive to the exit booth and show your license and perhaps your credit card if this is the first time using ER/EC.

Thank you for your reply. BUT I have 3 kids with me 5 & 7. When you say across the street... how far? Right across. or long walk across?
I don't need to sign anything? Just show my DL? Also the return process is it quick? Our flight home is at 7:45 PM. Hopeing that leaving DTD about 5 would be enough time????

Thanks again for all your help

Thank you for your reply. BUT I have 3 kids with me 5 & 7. When you say across the street... how far? Right across. or long walk across?
I don't need to sign anything? Just show my DL? Also the return process is it quick? Our flight home is at 7:45 PM. Hopeing that leaving DTD about 5 would be enough time????

Thanks again for all your help
Right across the arrivals drive/street. Like 50 feet from the terminal to the garage. If it was closer the garage would be in the terminal, LOL.

Just show your cards, no signing anything. Return is as simple as can be, just follow the signs as you return to the airport for the rental car return. Make sure to watch your signs as you get closer to the actual rental car return drive, it comes up close and quick as you get close.

Drive is about 30 minutes. Would get you to airport about 5:30. Plenty of time.

I know it's easy to get to the National lot but I always manage to get lost finding it. :rolleyes2 I'm usually good at navigating except in that stupid airport terminal!!! I'm hopeless. :rotfl:

Right across the arrivals drive/street. Like 50 feet from the terminal to the garage. If it was closer the garage would be in the terminal, LOL.

Just show your cards, no signing anything. Return is as simple as can be, just follow the signs as you return to the airport for the rental car return. Make sure to watch your signs as you get closer to the actual rental car return drive, it comes up close and quick as you get close.

Drive is about 30 minutes. Would get you to airport about 5:30. Plenty of time.

Thank You

I know it's easy to get to the National lot but I always manage to get lost finding it. :rolleyes2 I'm usually good at navigating except in that stupid airport terminal!!! I'm hopeless. :rotfl:

I've missed it a few times myself and had to loop around again. :drive:

Because it had been four years since I'd visited Orlando, I printed out a map of the airport from the Orlando International's official site. Had the garage levels, baggage, ticketing, terminals, restrooms, gates, etc. Made it a little easier for me this particular time around. I can find my way around the parks much easier than the airport for some reason. :confused3 That probably means I need to visit more often, hmmm? :idea:

For October rental I reserved minivan with Emerald reserve and KLM. Used AARP coupon ND3Z11ZDQ for $30 off. Total for 9 days is $367. Is this a good price for a minivan? It is a great price now, but am I likely to get a better price closer to our trip?

A full size is $291. Traveling are 4 people (2 small adults and our two 7 year olds.) Will have 3 or 4 large 26" suitcases and a few carryons (flying Jet Blue - 4 suitcases are included). Do you think we need a minivan or could we perhaps fit into a full size?

An Emerald aisle midsize is $256. I just saw someone mention on this thread that they work for National and recommended reserving a midsize and we would most likely get a full size. Our plane lands on a Sat 9 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter