Used an awesome National code for my April trip!

As I said: MOST expire in June, not all, MOST.
Whoops! I thought we were talking about the NATIONAL code on the front page. Now I see you and cantwaitvaca09 are talking about an ALAMO code.

It should be noted that the National code on the front page is no longer giving great rates. Which is a real bummer for me since I have a reservation for MCO and I just booked airfare into TPA and was going to change my reservation to TPA and it's $150 per week more.

Whoops! I thought we were talking about the NATIONAL code on the front page. Now I see you and cantwaitvaca09 are talking about an ALAMO code.

It should be noted that the National code on the front page is no longer giving great rates. Which is a real bummer for me since I have a reservation for MCO and I just booked airfare into TPA and was going to change my reservation to TPA and it's $150 per week more.

I do have a Midsize SUV booked with this National code from page 1 for $245
But I have been reading that some people got even a better rate, so I am keeping my eyes open.

I do have a Midsize SUV booked with this National code from page 1 for $245
But I have been reading that some people got even a better rate, so I am keeping my eyes open.
Is there a September code watch thread? That would be the best place to look for codes & coupons that will work for your dates.

Just got home last night (time to start planning the next trip!!) We used the code with no problem..reserved midsize and got a brand new fully loaded (dvd player and all) town and country 8 seat minivan...woohoo. we got to the rental counter at 11:00pm mid way through northeast school vacation week..must have been pixie dust!

Lori

Just got home last night (time to start planning the next trip!!) We used the code with no problem..reserved midsize and got a brand new fully loaded (dvd player and all) town and country 8 seat minivan...woohoo. we got to the rental counter at 11:00pm mid way through northeast school vacation week..must have been pixie dust!

Lori

how did you get the mini van?

Lori

Must have been pixie dust indeed. Town and Country mini vans are 7 passenger, not 8 (2 in front, 2 in the middle and 3 in the third row). Who directed you to the Mini van rather than the mid size lane/area?

Must have been pixie dust indeed. Town and Country mini vans are 7 passenger, not 8 (2 in front, 2 in the middle and 3 in the third row). Who directed you to the Mini van rather than the mid size lane/area?

If you're a member of the Emerald Club and your reservation says Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve, you pick whatever car you want that's sitting in those respective aisles. I always manage to get an SUV, even when I don't want one, when I reserve a midsize in Orlando.

If you're a member of the Emerald Club and your reservation says Emerald Aisle or Emerald Reserve, you pick whatever car you want that's sitting in those respective aisles. I always manage to get an SUV, even when I don't want one, when I reserve a midsize in Orlando.

How do you get Emerald Reserve?
I have a midsize SUV with the code from the first page in September, but a full size would be better

Lots of thanks to the OP and the follow up posters on this code. Just booked an 8 day midsize over thanksgiving for $255. Thats less than $32/day all in, before any other coupons that may eventually come through for that time period.

Also just realized that National will upgrade your Emerald status based on your standing with Hertz or Avis. I am a Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle member, so I will be upgraded to an Executive Elite at National which guarantees a minimum full size availability. Of course the family is already hoping for a convertible :goodvibes. Similar Hertz rental was going to be at least $200 more for me even with my status and significant company discount.

.....Also just realized that National will upgrade your Emerald status based on your standing with Hertz or Avis. I am a Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle member, so I will be upgraded to an Executive Elite at National which guarantees a minimum full size availability. Of course the family is already hoping for a convertible :goodvibes. Similar Hertz rental was going to be at least $200 more for me even with my status and significant company discount.
Where and how is this accomplished? Are there upgrades available for various Hertz club levels?

My Hertz card just says #1 Gold Club :confused3

I guess worse case you could just send it in via the website and see what they respond. I think that is similar to their intro level and they are only upgrading the higher volume users.

I am familiar with the program, I work there. :rotfl2: I was wondering how the poster managed a mini van with a ER midsize, which would have required the poster to select from the midsize area.

How do you get Emerald Reserve?
I have a midsize SUV with the code from the first page in September, but a full size would be better

Emerald reserve is the program where you select the car class you want and make a reservation for it. IE: if you want a mini van you sign in via the Emerald Club site and select mini van. If you actually want a full size, I would recommend you make an Emerald Club reservation for a mid size, cause you will most probably get a full size, since we rarely put mid size cars on the EA.

The Emerald Club program is well described here: https://www.nationalcar.com/index.do?action=emcIndex.do&type=uszl-withnav-header

Lots of thanks to the OP and the follow up posters on this code. Just booked an 8 day midsize over thanksgiving for $255. Thats less than $32/day all in, before any other coupons that may eventually come through for that time period.

Also just realized that National will upgrade your Emerald status based on your standing with Hertz or Avis. I am a Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle member, so I will be upgraded to an Executive Elite at National which guarantees a minimum full size availability. Of course the family is already hoping for a convertible :goodvibes. Similar Hertz rental was going to be at least $200 more for me even with my status and significant company discount.

Just a FYI, we rarely put converts on the Emerald aisle or Executive Aisle. They are usually booked solid. However, that would not preclude you asking the greeter if they are available as an upgrade.

I am familiar with the program, I work there. :rotfl2: I was wondering how the poster managed a mini van with a ER midsize, which would have required the poster to select from the midsize area.

I must have missed the post where you said you worked there.

I assumed that poster was EA not ER.

I must have missed the post where you said you worked there.

I assumed that poster was EA not ER.

I did not post that I worked there on this thread, but, have posted it on numerous other posts. The poster stated that it was an ER reservation, hence the reason I questioned it and also corrected the size of the mini van, (7 pax, not 8)
Have a great day!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter