USAA Dividends Are Here!

DawnCt1

<font color=red>I had to wonder what "holiday" he
Because we pay on line, our dividend checks were deposited to the account on record. We got up this morning to find two deposits totally $467.00 or so extra dollars! Hurray! I don't know why they are separate but they are. Maybe because we have home owners and auto. :confused3

Wow!!! We have home owners and auto also. We usually get 50 or so dollars. Is that a dividend for your checking/savings accounts or for your insurances? I would do a happy dance on the front porch if I look in the mail and the check is there! We leave for WDW on Friday. A few extra dollars would be super!

Wow!!! We have home owners and auto also. We usually get 50 or so dollars. Is that a dividend for your checking/savings accounts or for your insurances? I would do a happy dance on the front porch if I look in the mail and the check is there! We leave for WDW on Friday. A few extra dollars would be super!

That is just for our insurances. We have been members since 1987. Maybe that is why we get good sized dividends. Also, over the years we have paid a lot for insurance because we have had a lot of drivers on our policy. Now we have four.

What's USAA?

Its an insurance company only available to present and former service members and their families, and retirees, and I think that is it. No one can touch their rates. We have been solicited over the years from a wide variety of companies and they all promise they can beat what ever rates I am paying....until I mention USAA and they all say, "that's one we can't beat".

Wow, I don't think we've gotten a dividend check from USAA for the past few years! What are we doing wrong? :confused3 I could use a check to help pay for Christmas gifts or for our Mommy/Daddy Disney trip in Feb. :rolleyes:

I got my 1st dividend last year. It was around $50.00. I only have auto insurance with them. I think when I asked before that if you actually the one who qualifies you get more. I only qualify through my Dad.

I used to love those USAA dividend checks in December. I have been a USAA member since the early 90's and that extra money always came in handy! But, we moved to NC and there is an issue with the dividends and NC Bureau of Insurance. So, we no longer get the dividend...we get a credit on our insurance in Jan statement. Either way is great but I sure did love the extra cash! We have home owners, auto, and all the children's savings accts are through them. We saved over $500 on our homeowners this year switching from State Farm.

Kelly

Last year was the first year I didn't get a dividend check. I got some tiny little credit on my insurance instead.

We used to have car and renters insurance through them, but now since we have a house with homeowners, maybe we'll get more back. :confused3

Because we pay on line, our dividend checks were deposited to the account on record. We got up this morning to find two deposits totally $467.00 or so extra dollars! Hurray! I don't know why they are separate but they are. Maybe because we have home owners and auto. :confused3

Wow! That would cover about 6 months of insurance for a nice, newer car around here! How much is auto insurance where you are?

Wow! That would cover about 6 months of insurance for a nice, newer car around here! How much is auto insurance where you are?

We have four cars total, three newer cars and one very old car with 2 under 25 drivers. DS#3 pays his own insurance and its about the amount of the dividend we received. Ct has high insurance rates, not as bad as Ma.

Nice!

My DD mentioned they switched to car insurance with USAA and I think they also have a bank acct with them.

They sure could use a check, whatever size.

herc.

I agree that no one can even come close to them. We have our house and two vehicles with full coverage for around $155 a month. I am so spoiled. I didn't realize just how lucky we were until some girls that I work with were fighting to find anything under $300 a month for ONE car. Yipes!

Did your rates go up very much when your kids turned 16, Dawn? My DD will be 16 next year and I was wondering if it would hurt much. :confused:

Our dividend may be smaller since we have it through my DH's father. He was on it when he turned 18 so he got to keep it.

Nice!

My DD mentioned they switched to car insurance with USAA and I think they also have a bank acct with them.

They sure could use a check, whatever size.

herc.

Tell her not to get her hopes up. I've yet to get a dividend check from USAA. We have car insurance, credit cards(best interest rates), Roth IRAs, and banking. We have something called the Subscriber Savings Acct(SSA). It was not our choosing but just something we have. All dividend checks go into that until a limit is reached and then we can receive a dividend check. The only way to get to the SSA money is death or divorce. I don't want that money that bad to do something drastic;)

Tell her not to get her hopes up. I've yet to get a dividend check from USAA. We have car insurance, credit cards(best interest rates), Roth IRAs, and banking. We have something called the Subscriber Savings Acct(SSA). It was not our choosing but just something we have. All dividend checks go into that until a limit is reached and then we can receive a dividend check. The only way to get to the SSA money is death or divorce. I don't want that money that bad to do something drastic;)

Me too.

I'm not sure what determines if you get an SSA or the dividend check.

All my friends (who are dependents of military members) do not have the SSA and get straight dividend checks.

My husband is retired reserves and we got stuck in the SSA policy. My other friend was married to a serviceman and she got the SSA policy. She does get a big check every year though because she's been with USAA for over 20 years. I've been with them about 10 years and have yet to get a check.

We didn't get a dividend last year--maybe there was a credit in last January's bill and I just missed it (DH and I take turns writing out bills). I'll watch for it this coming January.

DH has had auto insurance with USAA since he was 16 (he's in his 50s now). They were the ONLY insurance company that would write auto insurance for him when he was younger because he drove a sports car and had a few tickets. :rolleyes: (No tickets since I met him 21 years ago though! :goodvibes ).

We also have life insurance through them. I'll be calling them re: longterm care insurance next year, although it appears from their website that they kind of subcontract that to other companies.

We have put 3 teens so far on our policy before they moved out and went on their own. They have all kept their USAA policies because it is substantially cheaper. Though it seems alot, my ds 25, when he first went on our policy had a little GEO. Our policy went from full coverage on 2 newer cars to 2 plus 1 liablity only. We were paying roughly 80 a month and went to roughly 165. Everywhere else we looked it was about $200 a month more if not alot more.

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter