• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Urgent Question about Cremation for a Mason!

Lucky Bug

Can you hear Cri-Kee chirp?
My father passed away and he was a past master and I believe even a past grandmaster of the lodge that he belonged to in TN. He never moved his lodge when we moved out of state. I am pretty sure that he is supposed to be cremated with the apron on. Is this correct? What about his hat? His rings? His Fez from when he was in the Shrine? I am completely clueless and they are wanting to move along with the cremation tomorrow if possible. I can not mess this up. It was important to him. Please help me if you can. Thanks.

I know when my wife's grandfather passed away, there was a ceremony the Mason's performed at the funeral home. You should contact your local masonic lodge and let them know the situation. I'm sure they could help.

My grandfather was a past grand master, and I believe my grandmother had diamond earings made for the grandchildren (me being one of them) from the diamonds in the ring. All of my masonic family members had a special ceremony at the funeral home (I had many). I think there is only one left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter