Urgent Advice Req'd!!---& Finally!!

I'd like to add my sympathys along with every one else, there must be something seriously wonky about this company!! I really hope you get sorted. I cannot beleive that if they take your money they are then allowed to sit on it!! Jeez anything could happen. If you end up getting your money back then I can recommend the company I use, they issue the tickets on the same day and are 100% trustworthy, if they get problems their philosophy is "well you paid your money so thats our problem"
Anyway, I hope you get sorted QUICK :-))
M

Ed, that sounds much better! My fingers remain crossed for you :)

Merylj said:
I wanted to add we`ve flown with Delta twice this year and never had a fuel surcharge.

Delta imposed fuel surcharges in the summer for any new bookings made, (we're having to add on 90 Euros per person over here in Ireland at the moment.)

Most if not all airlines have had to do this unfortunately :(

Oil prices finally seem to be coming down slightly and airlines have now reduced these charges to certain airports. Hopefully the other airports will come down soon.

Back to the matter at hand, it sounds like you're making some progress now. Hopefully it will be sorted in no time and you'll be off to see Mickey :earsboy:

Well, we are no further! The guy seemed quite reasonable and concerned and genuine last night, but today he was different. I told him the flights were available and after checking he disputed what I was saying (I have saved the availabilty) He said there were only business class left (not true) and he would not be booking them. Basically he said I could take him to court (end). Said he would try for flights again tomorrow ( I don't think he has tried at all to date)! Don't think he is going to. I think he is just running down the clock and hoping I snap and say/do something that puts me in breech of contract. Feeling helpless again. Have other quotes for similar hols but can't book! This is so unfair.

ABTA and ATOL have not responded to emails or phone messages left! Trading standards have advised me to write to him/company asking if he can fulfill his part of the contract and if not will he pay me back in full.
Teletext have phoned a couple of times and said they can do nothing unless I can give them the teletext page and exact date I saw it and the telephone number the ad listed (like I will know this after so long) didn't keep after confirmation arrived! I think this is a convenient cop out!

Anyway, thats where we're at!
Cheers
Eddie

sending you lots of :grouphug: and :wizard:

cannot believe he is doing this to you

good advice from Trading standards
get writing even with your sore hand

I hope you get this sorted. Another option might be to find out whether there is a number with teletext - they might be able to help?

I have used Trading Standards with regard to something else - they are marvellous for help.

Sorry I just saw you said a load of this earlier!

If you want any help with regard to looking at new bookings - let me know I am becoming an expert in finding the best ways and cheapest etc!

So sorry to hear all this, I can't believe companies do things like this to people! I really hope you get things sorted. I'd be a total wreck by now if this were my holiday so you're doing really well - hang in there!!!

I read this with horror! I really hope you get something sorted soon. Keep on trying to contact ABTA and ATOL after all they should be able to give you some advice (I hope).

Wishing you lots of luck in getting it sorted.

Ed I'm sorry for your problems, unfortunately ABTA and ATOL are pretty useless when it comes to getting things done quickly, I beleive your best bet would be to find the availability with another company, ask them to hold it and get your money back from the original one pronto! any good travel agent should be able to persuade a tour op to hold something for you at last minute even if its just 24 hours.
Virgin hols have got the 13th available albeit for 16 nights in premium class if thats any help.
I'll keep looking for you in the meantime

Mr Ed

What a nightmare, I am really shocked and sorry to read of all the trouble that you are having :grouphug: .
Hope things are better for you today and you get your flights.

Good Luck

Hello everyone! Are people now tuning into this thread like the Trueman Show???

Had another very stressfull day! Shouted at Janette at one point after she had phoned the manager (again).

Todays saga.. We (as usual) made contact with Travel agents. Manager said he had flights with different carrier "virtually guaranteed" Wife said we needed a definite and very soon! He said he could give us our money back or continue to book the holiday. Wife said could he arrange to repay the money and by 12pm so we could then book alternative hol we had on hold. He said by 17:30 and we finally agreed 12:30!!
In the meantime I had emailed and posted a letter, on the advice of Trading Standards, asking if he could fullfill the contract and deliver the original itinerary and if not, please could he repay us the full amount and we would also be seeking reimbursement of all tickets, shows and additional accommodation dependant upon the trip (£2100ish).

We contacted credit card co and asked for return call confirming repayment.

13:00 credit card co ring... No money. Wife rings Manager.... he said because of my letter he will not proceed. We agree to write further letter sateing if he repays full amount and we can book alternative today... no claim for reimbursement of other costs needed!
A2B receive second letter and agree to proceed. Credit card co then say repayment will not show for a couple of days !!!!!! Arghhhh! Eventually, credit card co advice if we can get written confirmation that A2B have repayed amount to correct cc number and then money not received, credit card co will persue money from A2B!!!

A2B agree to send confirmation! Emailed blocked solid with huge files being sent from wife's work!!!!! (can you believe this)! recalled A2B with my email address... Email received!!!!!!!!!!!!

Called other travel agent (we have used this one 3/4 times before)and book the holiday with a very sweet and extremely understanding, sympathetic lady that is also horrified by the whole saga!
Call back from this lady to confirm booking!!!!!!
16th Dec flights with Virgin from Manchester to MCO for two weeks in executive villa with pool heat and compact car(we will upgrade of course) and premium insurance all done for £3900!

Big big smiles and happy children. Happy days are here again!!!!!

Now what do you think of that!!!!

Eddie and Janette

Eddie - at last!!!

Now you can really enjoy your countdown. I am so pleased you have got it all worked out!

Mr Ed,I read the whole thread with disbelief :guilty:
I know we all want to save as much monet as possible on our holidays but i wouldn't ever personally book a holiday through teletext,well specially after what you went through!

For all the time and stress you all suffered any 'savings' were negated anyway :bitelip:

Thnak gawd it's all sorted now :flower:

Thats great news, and flights with Virgin- fabulous. Only hope that hand gets better now!

Merylj

This is the worst story that I have ever heard, and this company should be ashamed of themselves. The stress must have been unbelievable.
I am so glad that things have turned out well for you in the end. I hope that you have a magical time. You deserve it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter