Updates on AVERY. (good news update pg 33 post 489!)

Avery is in my thoughts and prayers. Worrying about a sick child is one of the worse worries there is but keep your head high and know the cure rate for this disease is quite high.

Glad for the update Ann....children are just so tough and come at this with great strength......Hugs to all, keeping Avery in my prayers...

:hug: Prayers for Avery and you all this morning and throughout the day.

I am so sorry to hear about Avery. Like someone else had said, it is even harder to hear when it is someone that young. I will be praying for him also. :grouphug:

Continued prayers for little Avery and all of you. I'm thinking of you often, and each time I say another prayer.

I am very happy to report that Avery is doing very well :thumbsup2 and I know that the prayers and postive thoughts and support of all my extended family, in RL and here on the DIS and the internet, have had an impact.

He had a spinal tap yesterday to check the spoinal fluid for concentration of the leukemia cells. At the same time they gave him his first dose of chemo, a direct hit to the spinal fluid. Then last night he had more IV chemo.

Today he had oral chemo, and IV meds including steroids to control side effects. And meds to help his kidney function...the chemo will kill the leukemia cells and he will expel them through his urine. Of course THAT causes side effects too...like increased appetite. His oncologist said that for today his job is to "play, eat, drink, and pee". He did real well at all of those endeavors today. :)

Apparently some of the adolescent patients have taken a liking to him and have shown him how to "ride" his IV tower as he makes his way around the floor. Today his mom was pushing him around and toppled the IV pole, 2 IV bags, him, and the 7 stuffed animals along for the ride attached to the various clamps and hooks. DIL said about 50 people came running. He got a little air in his lines but everyone was unscathed except for DIL who said it was probably the first of many embarrassing "medical mom" moments...
so she too is drawing strength and maintaining her sense of humor :goodvibes

The docs are VERY pleased with his progress thus far I thank you again so much!!

good to hear that he's doing so well Ann!

And I did read about that IV topple :teeth:

continued prayers....

Gosh, I bet your DIL was mortified but I love her medical mom moment.

That is one that should be published somewhere.

Hang in there mom and Ann.

Glad the little guy's prgress is on track.

Well, the poor guy's chemo caught up to him last night...I guess he had headaches, nausea and vomiting during the night. :guilty: They are tweaking some of the meds to counter the side effects.
They are still talking thought, about a possible release to home and outpatient chemo, early next week, so that is still positive! (My guess is if he is stable and they can reasonably counter the side effects, then he is better off at home than in hospital...less germs there!!)

many thanks again for your prayers!

Ann, Avery and family in my prayers tonight. I know two girls, both were in 3rd grade when diagnosed, today both in high school with perfect health. You would never know they had cancer, so never lose hope.

Avery is one lucky grandchild to have you for his grandma. I know you have been through so much of late, but your courage and strength are amazing.

Still praying, hoping they get the side effects worked out so he feels better and can come home soon. :grouphug:

Praying like a mad woman that this sweetie gets to come home and do it all out patient......he will be happier at home.. God Bless him..

Hugs to you Ann.. got you covered...

Hi Ann, I'm new to these boards, but not new to the DIS, and have been following your story of Avery. What a Grandma you are! Keep up the great work, you're the glue keeping your family together. Plus you're keeping everyone here informed so they can support you. So many of us are feeling your pain right now, and are keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers. So sorry to hear that he's suffering from the side effects of the Chemo. Hopefully it won't take long to tweak the drugs to find the right combo for him, and he'll be home to continue his treatment. Wouldn't that be the only Christmas gift you needed? Hugs from Canada, and prayers too!
Kathy :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Hope Avery had a better night last night, Ann.

I think you are on the right track, home would be healthier for Avery and would assist in keeping the family members together while he fights this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter