Updates on AVERY. (good news update pg 33 post 489!)

Just checking in on little Avery. I hope today is a better day. I'm still praying for a Christmas miracle!!!

Today has been a good day, in that there have been no changes.

The docs continue to express concern that even if his body develops some white blood cells to fight the infection itself (instead of just keeping it from further spread with antibiotics), that effort by his body can result in strain on his ability to breathe, heart function, etc. :confused3

So we will continue to pray for strength and energy.

I have told them that there is literally an army of well wishers, prayer groups etc, all over the continent and beyond that are sending their positive healing energy. They are humbled and grateful.

Ann... hugs to you and thanks for the update...

We are still praying here, c'mon Avery fight those nasty bad guys....

Interestingly Tom's oncologist referred to the cancer cells as terrorists in your body hiding out and attacking when you least expect it with no warning....grrrrrrrrrr

OK. just checking and yes I was up at 5:00am, not sleeping well.

Anyway, Ann.. prayers for Avery this morning and for you too..

How did he do overnight?

Still praying Ann. Drew asks me every morning how Avery is doing. When Avery gets better you can tell him about all the new friends he has. :grouphug:

No word this morning yet...usually they wait until mid-morning after the doctor rounds to let us know how he's doing.
He had a lot of fluid build up yesterday and needed a little more pain med to stay comfortable but all the "number" and "count" stuff stayed stable.

As for me....I had a dentist appt yesterday afternoon and have to go back today to have work started on 3, yep THREE crowns :faint: Heck only 1 tooth was bothering me :confused3 It is interesting though how perspective changes things...normally I freak at the thoguht of any dental work beyond a cleaning - but ..."whatever" :goodvibes

NHAnn said:
....So we will continue to pray for strength and energy.

I have told them that there is literally an army of well wishers, prayer groups etc, all over the continent and beyond that are sending their positive healing energy......

East coast of Canada...keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers :grouphug:

:sunny:

checking in on Avery.... hope he's feeling better today. The picture is adorable Ann :hug:
continued prayers......

What a sweet picture. :goodvibes Continued fervent prayer from my corner of the world for this precious little boy. :)

Hi Ann,

Mackey Mouse just told me about little Avery. I will include him in my prayers, and ask that our prayer group at work add him, too.

Many special blessings to you and yours from Southern California.

Hi again,

Here is the response from my coworker Dee Dee (who has been given the special gift of beautiful prayers)

Yes MaryJo, I will send it to our prayer group and I will keep little Avery and his family lifted up in prayer.
"May the Lord do a mighty healing work in Avery's little body"

Love ya MJ...

Thanks to those who are praying and sending the word out for more prayers for Avery...

Ann, update when you can, we are here for you..

Ann-
The picture in your sig is adorable..i hope you get your christmas wish...know that Avery and your family is in my prayers

A basically uneventful night last night...and this is OK.
Doctors rounds this morning indicate teeny tiny changes in the right direction in the white blood cells, but they warn that if/when the WBC do gear up to do battle with the infection it will cause increased pain ...and breathing difficulty since there is a lot of infection in the chest wall. But they're taking it a step at a time and continuing to focus on the positive.
I am in awe of DIL and DS in their strength in coping with this....

thanks again for your prayers and good wishes

Ann,
I am so glad that he is moving in the right direction. We'll be praying until he is home with his sisters again!

That is the sweetest picture I've ever seen! It is so nice to have an image of him in my mind as I pray for him. I sure would love to give him a big hug and a kiss!!!

-Tracey

I am so glad to put his sweet face with my prayers......

That update does sound encouraging, although I do hate the pain part.....I hate when they are in pain...including my own sweetie..

Anyhow, still praying, update when you can... this is a powerful thread..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter