UPDATED!!! Gmax THRILLING September Adventure! Featuring LOTS of DISers!

Hurrah! Another Glenda report. Yours was one of the first I read here on the Dis a year or so ago and it really made me want to go to WDW even more. I finally got to go with my sister this August and you inspired me to do my own report.

Sorry to read about that jerk of an ex. At least you go to console yourself with a trip to Disney. Your updates are so great! I'm looking forward to reading more.

WOW!!! Glenda, your TR is up to 6 pages already!!! You can see how much we love your reports!:lovestruc Now....what a bummer about the boyfriend. Who would breakoff a relationship the night before someone goes on a trip?????? :confused3 Does that say something or what!!! Done! :hug:

You met sooooooo many DISers! Wonderful! Were you all acting up on the Safari ride??? :rotfl: You've mastered EE!:yay: As I was reading that you were heading over to Dinosaur, I was wondering if we'd see another GMax Dinosaur pic.....and we did!!! :thumbsup2 It would have been disappointing if it wasn't there. Isn't Devine, devine?!
Epcot is my favorite park! I just love it! I had to chuckle when I read that your mom wanted to "smell the roses".:rotfl: My mom's the same way. She walks at her pace & that's it! Your mom went on Mission Space!!!!! That does it! December, I am going on that ride!!!! :lmao:
Did I see that GMom has a TR started?????????

Hey Glenda :goodvibes

All caught up now :upsidedow ....you are doing a great job....speeding along!!!!

LOVE the Hannah Montana glasses :thumbsup2

All I want to know is did you ride Splash??? YOU BETTER HAVE!!!! If not I will be taking you back soon to go do that!! :laughing:

Maybe one day I can go back to do many 'dis'meets. I think we should all go around your b-day to see all the lovely men you were discussing in your last TR ;)

We've got some updates you'll have to check out!

Hope you are good & if you're talking to that 'stupid' boy again he BETTER be NICE!!!! :flower3: VERY NICE!! :teeth:

OK i so need to check out the TRs board more and not rely on signature links to find peoples TRs! But I'm here and will go back and catch up!

HA! You HAVE to send me a pic! Is he doing his own hair? He should at least let a professional do it once a month.

He should be over this weekend so I will get a pic for you. A friend is doing it for him at her home, I think that she is a professional hair stylist but I may be mistaken.

It sounds like you had such a great time. I love seeing all the pics.

I hope you can get the videos to work.

Day 3 - 9/8 Dinner

After spending Monday morning at EPCOT, my Mother and I went back to our room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge for some rest! After yet another shower, sleep and a woredrobe change, we headed downstairs to Boma for our 6:15 dinner reservation. Since Boma is my favorite restaurant, I wanted to eat there twice during this trip!

f445e7cf.jpg

e9c2b3c6.jpg

This evening, I did not plan a park after dinner. So I decided to put a little product in my hair to make it look a little shiney and smell great, I put on a little eye make-up, my GIGANTIC Tink earrings, and my Minnie Mouse dress!

1e823ea8.jpg

f0de02e5.jpg

Once again, since my original reservation included 7 total, I got to the podium early to let them know it would only be 2, and if possible, add me to the DISers table. Yes folks, tonight, I would be joining MORE DISers!

My Mom and I were the first there, which is cool for someone like me with a bad memory - cuz I got to sit there and see who would show up! HA! I don't remember the order, but here's who showed up:

MickeyVixie and Family
cb75712b.jpg

881d90f7.jpg

Actually, they were leaving Boma and hung out a bit to talk to us. I wish I was faster with the camera, because her daughter had on the CUTEST dress! It was really nice talking to her, and seeing her in person after chatting with her a bit on The DIS!

Antss and Jamstew:
1f28fa86.jpg
33d663d5.jpg

I was REALLY excited to see Antss again! Even though I do know her real name, I still call her ANTSS! When it was time to be seated, we sat next to each other! I really enjoyed hearing about her life and family. This was the first time we actually got a chance to talk.

Jamstew is one of those people who EASILY just falls into place. Had my Mother told me, "Oh Glenda you remember Jamstew, she used to live back on our block when you were little", I would have TOTALLY believed her. Within moments of meeting her, I felt like I KNEW her. I am soooo sorry that we didnt get a chance to spend more time together. At dinner, she sat on the other side of my Mother. So they ended up chatting a bit.

ZackerDog
5bc54bf0.jpg

Zacker's a tall dude! He's only a few inches taller than me. I'd seen him on the boards and wondered about his screen name. So I was glad to ask him in person about it. Well, y'all know I'm a bit dim - Zacker was the name of his dog. Yes, I should've figured that one out. Zacker sat to my right beside Antss. It was interesting hearing about living in one of Florida's hurricane zones - the work he has to do to shore up his home, going without electricity for a week or more, etc. He also told us how empty the parks had been. I guess on top of it being Disney's low season, people cancelled their trips in fear of the storms . . . SUCKERS!!!! HA!

Aubriee's Mom Betty (and my Mother)
04fedcea.jpg

Once again, we had the priviledge of being with Aubriee, her Ex, and her Mom Betty, who was celebrating her birthday! Aubriee and her Mother speaks EXACTLY the same! They both talk REALLY fast, so you REALLY have to listen closely to catch it all! It's so cute!

Now why I don't have their pics, I dont know. But Bonzerella and Kat were there too. Sorry guys!!!

When we got to the table, we had the same waitress I had the first night I was there with Punkin and Vandy! Her name is Maureen. I LOVE her hair! She could EASILY be in a sitcom! So if you see her, tell her Hello from The DIS!

6c5e5d2d.jpg

Like the last time, I ordered the Jungle juice - afterall, I need to tget all the vitamins I could get so I wouldn't get sick. That night I was REALLY hungry, and couldnt wait to get to that BOMA BUFFET! The food was so good. Sorry, I have NO pics. I was hungry, so I ATE! I do remember that the salmon was good. It was a different variety from Saturday - not spicey at all. It was REALLY good. And of course I had to have my cheesecakes. YUM!

It was while we were eating dessert that Maureen bought over a little bday treat for Betty.

66fd32f7.jpg

2ae12c5b.jpg

The chocolate squares are mini-cakes. They are really good! We sang Happy Bday to her, and she blew out her candle!

Now before we went to dinner, my Mother and I were thinking that since we were well rested, that we would drive over to DownTown Disney afterwards. During dinner, I leaned over to my Mother and told her that I didn't think I could make it. Here I was, looking cute, still feeling shower fresh, with NO park to go to, but yet, I just wanted even MORE sleep! My Mother looked surprised. I told her that she was more than welcomed to go alone, but I just had to go back to the room.

Soon it was time to give up the table and say our goodbyes. We wondered if our paths would cross again, so of course most of us pulled out our itineraries. Jamstew had the best - small typed cards for each day slipped in photosleeves from a photoalbum, all connected in the corner, so she could just flip through them. She said she got the idea from The DIS. So imagine how I felt when I pulled out my sheet of paper that had been folded and refolded 27 times . . . :rolleyes: HA!

After looking at each other's plans and talking even more, we said our goodbyes. My Mother and I headed back to the room (again), where I was probably asleep within the hour! Hey, I figured that I'd better sleep now, cuz when I go back to the real world, I won't be able to do this!

Monday, was a GREAT, FUN day!

Day 4 - Tuesday 9/9

Tuesday morning, we got up early enough to be at MGM when they openned. I've never seen the rope drop ceremony there before, so I was looking forward to it. Since MGM is close to AKL, I figured that we'd just catch the bus. Well, the bus took a long time to come, then I forgot that at AKL, that bus also stops at one of the water parks as well. CARP! So I asked my Mother to please lets walk to get the car and drive over. I know she was tired, but there was NO way I could keep waiting for that bus, AND it was going to make another stop!

We got to the park just as the ceremony was ENDING! Oh well . . .

We met up with MainStMandy and her Mom on the mainstreet with all the shops, and headed to ToyStory! This would be all of our first time riding it! I THINK our Mothers were looking forward to it, but Amanda and I were REALLY bursting at the seams!

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

The themeing is GREAT! So much to see! Take a look!

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

We were excited to just see the outside. But inside was even more FUN!

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

(This is the Ceiling!)
IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_2999.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

I KNOW I'll exceed the image limit, so I'll continue this in the next post!

Day 4 - Tuesday 9/9

We took soooo many pics in line! And now the ride!

IMG_3005.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

I won't tell you about the ride, so you all will be surprised like I was! The ONLY thing that I didnt like about it, is how it turns to each game. It spins around a little. Since I can't spin, it made me a tad dizzy. It wasn't bad though, because I did ride it again, and will MANY more times in the future!
It was sooo much fun, and the 3D effects are really great. I do have a tip though: don't let go of the string you have to shoot with. Keep your hand on it as it goes back in, so you can re-fire faster.

When we got off the ride, we got Fast Passes, and split up. Immediatly afterwards, my Mother went to the bathroom. While she was in there, I was trying to figure out how we would kill the time till the fast pass return. If I was there alone, I just would've left. MGM is my least favorite park, and there really isnt anything there I LOVE to do.

By the time my Mother returned, I decied to do the Great Movie Ride since we were near it. Below are a few pics from the Wizard of OZ scene.

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

We then looked in a few shops, then headed over to the section of the park where Tower of Terror (ToT) and Rockin Rollar Coaster (RnR) are. I thought it would be fun to hear the people screaming on ToT.

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

NEVER AGAIN . . .

Still with nothing to do, I figured hey, lets walk through the line at RnR.

IMG_3023.jpg

Hi. I'm just here to take a picture.

The line was short, and it was cool looking at the decor inside. The pre-ride movie is really good too! What a great idea for the ride. When we exited into the actual line where you get to see the "limos" taking off, I said "Hmmm, I'll see if maybe I'll ride". My Mother then turned to me with a bit of attitude and said, "WELL YOU HAD BETTER DECIED WHAT YOU'RE GONNA DO CAUS-". I stopped her, and told her that I'd been through here before and I know how much time I have to decide. I then pointed to the door where we would go through. As we got closer to the boarding area, I decided to get on. Yes, I repeat, I decided to get on. I handed my bag to my Mother, and proceeded to the boarding area.

When I got to the the metal poles where you stand to wait for the next "limo", I was shaking ALL OVER. I had no idea that my knees could tremble like that. I stepped in the limo, an older man in his late 50's early 60's stepped in beside me. I asked if he'd been on it before - he had. I think I asked him if I was about to die - I wouldn't. He said that if I liked Test Track, I would like this. Okay. Wutever.

When the car pulled around the track to the sign where it takes off at the speed of light, leaving parts of your eternal soul behind, I got nervous. Without looking at the man, I semi-yelled, "HOW DO I KNOW WHEN IT'S GOING TO TAKE OFF"? He calmly said, "When that light turns green". I'm thinking, Well, it's too late to pray, that light could change in any second- and besides, Jesus did NOT tell you to get on, so don't ask Him to help you now-and this could be fun, you've always wanted to see what this ride is like-you should try things while you're still a bit young, besides, thi- GREEEEEEEEN!!!!

I held on, leaving bits of my essence behind. Ok. I'm Ok. This isn't horrible. Just Bad-ish, and I'm breathing. Good. Wait . . .Why is all my weight on my shoulders? Am I upside down? Hmm . . . Ok, now I'm not. The signs are pretty. Wait. It's quiet in here! Where's the music?!! All I could here was the sound of the "limo", and my head hitting the harness occasionally. Man! The ride finally starts to slow down. IT'S OVER!!!! I'm ALIVE!!!! I'm not sick, nor do I regret that I got on. After all, there were NO drops, and I didn't spin! I'm just mad that I didnt hear any music!

When I stepped out of the limo, the ground was moving a bit beneath me. So I wasnt totally ok, but at least I wasnt sick! As I walked towards the shop, there was my Mother. I wish I could've held my arms up so she could carry me to the car! I was sooooooo glad I did it! It was OVER!

On the way out, I had to take another pic . . .

IMG_3027.jpg

And I HAD to make a video!

After triumphantly leaving RnR, we went back to ToyStory. Not a REAL good choice for me since it spins a bit, but whatever. After this we were leaving the park anyway. The second ride was even better than the first! My score was a bit higher this time! This is such a great ride!

My Mother and I then left the park for lunch. We had a car, so we had choices. Let's see, where would we go . . .

Go To Page 8!

Hey Lady!!!!!

I am so glad we got to talk face to face. I love your Mom! I wish we would have bumped into you at DHS. I'm sure we were close to each other several times. I am so proud of you for daring to face your fears on some of the more intense rides - YOU GO GIRL!!
I loved TOT, I think I pee'd myself though. You tell your mom that the only ghosts we saw were after you get on the lift. At the first stop the doors open and the ghosts appear. :confused3

You hit the jackpot on DISers!! How cool!

I'm just now starting my TR. I've had to work a lot since I got back. We absolutely loved every minute of our vacation!!

I'm ready for the next installment now!!!popcorn:: popcorn::

it was SO NICE of our server to bring out that rice and i know you were thrilled. i have the picture to prove it! :laughing:

Picture155.jpg

This is a good picture of you wearing your 'braggy' shirt. :)

This trip's 'I'm a big mean dinosaur' pictures were quite good, as well.

The trip of a million Dis meets is looking like a lot of fun, so far. I'm sure it was good for your mom to be able to meet so many Disers so that she can be assured your internet friends are not a bunch of psychos!

Well, with the exception of a couple. ;)

I love mother-daughter trips, as you well know. I'm glad you and your mom are getting to share these special times together.

How do feel with your hair held up being in locs during this trip? They are looking good. Has your mother changed her mind about them?

1. My hair felt GREAT! I thought it would be weird having so little hair, but it was great not having to "fix" it or check it during the trip!

2. My Mother is getting used to them.

I also leave Test Track with bruises, so I know how your mother feels, but it is a great ride.
Really? I did not know that happend!

Hey girl, great installments...aren't we missing some videos though ;)
WUTEVA!

i was wondering when your mom was going to get tired. i drag my mom around as well and always end up feeling guilty about it. i do let her stop and smell the roses though. i am taking her on my birthday trip in april. i can't believe that you got your mom on test track....my mom won't try anything. she makes me swear that there is no drops before we get on any ride....she is still mad at me for that little drop in pirates of the carribbean. :scared1:
My Mother does the SAME thing to me. I have NO IDEA why. She doesnt get sick on anything. I'm the one who can't spin, and really can't drop without feeling like the ground is still moving beneath me when I get off the ride!

Keep up the great reports and I expect to see lots more pictures from you what else your the best when it comes to TRs
Thanks Nancy! I'll be right here when you get back!

Great installment - but lookit the times you posted! Girl, you need to get some rest!
Glad you liked it - I work nights.

Hey girl. You know me.

I'm going to read the report now.:wizard:
Well, well, well . . . I've got one piece of advice for you . . .

CLEAN OUT YOUR PM BOX!

Glad you finally found me!

GLENDA -- So sorry I am getting to your report so late. I cannot believe that you have met so many Dissers.. You are truely a DIS-CELEBRITY.. I am glad that I can say I met you as well.. Your mom looks like she is having fun.. My Mom was tired too. That is way I started the day without her.
Aha! So that's the key! :lmao:

Also a late thank you for your (great) advice on DVC.......it was maybe mid 2007 when I had posted in a thread and I remember a very helpful response from you:goodvibes I have been an owner since August 2007.:yay:
Congrats! Glad I could help!
LOVE your avatar!

it was more health as that Friday I was in the ER so I was really happened we rescheduled it.

wow u r updating fast. great pics.

too bad they could not put you with the others for Le Cellier.
Well hopefully we can hook up next year . . . As for LeCellier, it would've been nice, but I think out of all our dinners, we only had 2 alone. So it was probably good it ended up that way.

Jumping in late here but I want to confirm that you did give the safari CM a run for her money!!! You were probably the most fun group of DISers she had all day!!! (by the way, I was the DISer sitting two rows behind you!!!)
WHAT??? Oh Man! I wish you had stopped me! Did you get any pics of us? If so, please post! :wave2:

Wow Glenda, you have quite the DIS following and how wonderful to meet up with so many during your trip. It is great reading about all the fun you had. I have to tell you what a beautiful smile you have! You take a lovely picture!

Suz

Awwww . . . Thanks Suz! And yes, it was great meeting so many people I'd only chatted online with on the DIS!

Hi Glenda! :wave2: Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read yet, but I will. I just wanted to mark my place, so I didn't lose your TR. I'll be back to comment later. Six pages already? :eek: Oh, but this is a Gmax report after all! :cool2:
HA! You are too funny! I hope you'll come back!

Hurrah! Another Glenda report. Yours was one of the first I read here on the Dis a year or so ago and it really made me want to go to WDW even more. I finally got to go with my sister this August and you inspired me to do my own report.
YAY! I hope you enjoyed writing it!

Did I see that GMom has a TR started?????????
No! I guess I need to look for it! Thanks!

LOVE the Hannah Montana glasses :thumbsup2

All I want to know is did you ride Splash??? YOU BETTER HAVE!!!! If not I will be taking you back soon to go do that!! :laughing:

Hope you are good & if you're talking to that 'stupid' boy again he BETTER be NICE!!!! :flower3: VERY NICE!! :teeth:

- Glad you liked my Celebrity Sunglasses!
- Splash - you'll have to read to find out!
- Haven't talked to him. But he has emailed me. Nothing mean or anything.

OK i so need to check out the TRs board more and not rely on signature links to find peoples TRs! But I'm here and will go back and catch up!
HA! That's what I do too! I never jump on the boards and scroll around - I just look at people's siggies!

He should be over this weekend so I will get a pic for you. A friend is doing it for him at her home, I think that she is a professional hair stylist but I may be mistaken.
Ok - I'll be on the lookout for a pic!

Another great trippie Glenda! I love seeing all of your Dis meets!
Thanks Betsy! I hope you'll stick around for the rest!

It sounds like you had such a great time. I love seeing all the pics.

I hope you can get the videos to work.
I hope so too. When I get my laptop back, I'll try some of the tips I've been given.

Hey Lady!!!!!

I am so glad we got to talk face to face. I love your Mom! I wish we would have bumped into you at DHS. I'm sure we were close to each other several times. I am so proud of you for daring to face your fears on some of the more intense rides - YOU GO GIRL!!
I loved TOT, I think I pee'd myself though. You tell your mom that the only ghosts we saw were after you get on the lift. At the first stop the doors open and the ghosts appear. :confused3

You hit the jackpot on DISers!! How cool!

I'm just now starting my TR. I've had to work a lot since I got back. We absolutely loved every minute of our vacation!!

I'm ready for the next installment now!!!popcorn:: popcorn::
You are soooooo funny! I'll go check out your report!

This is a good picture of you wearing your 'braggy' shirt. :)

This trip's 'I'm a big mean dinosaur' pictures were quite good, as well.

The trip of a million Dis meets is looking like a lot of fun, so far. I'm sure it was good for your mom to be able to meet so many Disers so that she can be assured your internet friends are not a bunch of psychos!

Well, with the exception of a couple. ;)

I love mother-daughter trips, as you well know. I'm glad you and your mom are getting to share these special times together.

Me too! Glad you liked the Dino pics!

I am so glad that you rode RnR:cool1:
Yay Glenda! I am so proud of you for getting on RnRC. :woohoo:

ME too Ladies! I've become quite the grown-up! :snooty:

Firstoff!!! Your ex is a FOOL!

:flower3:

Great trip report. GREAT PICS too!

Did you know that I have NEVER eaten at Le Cellier. Always made Res for there...just never actually made it there.:confused3 :confused3

I quess I must go back...and soon!

Waiting for more!:yay:

:woohoo: I just called your house.. not to talk to you but to your machine :p :laughing: :hug:

Happy Wendesday and yes I am copying those pics in my photo book!!!! Thanks Gmax!!!

Hmmm Does Gmom really have a TR ???????:worship: :hug:

Lol those pics of us on TSM were hysterical...we were sooo excited!! And I am sooo proud of you for going on RnR...even if it was without me!

Oh, I am sooo excited!!! Another Glendamax report!!!!! I loved your last two. I still laugh about all the hot men at HS last time!

Can't wait for the next installment.

Erika

Day 3 - 9/8 Dinner

Aubriee's Mom Betty (and my Mother)
04fedcea.jpg

Once again, we had the priviledge of being with Aubriee, her Ex, and her Mom Betty, who was celebrating her birthday! Aubriee and her Mother speaks EXACTLY the same! They both talk REALLY fast, so you REALLY have to listen closely to catch it all! It's so cute!

Hey, a Glendamax trip report and we're in it. Great! However, please try to be a little more precise. I am a born and bred true Southerner and speak with a very SLOW, genteel, Southern drawl :snooty:, except when I get excited that is:rotfl: . Now you are right about my mom. She is from West Virginia and talks ninety to nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter