Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

Today’s happy memory will be about my first trip to Disneyland. Appropriate I think. I was 9 years old and my Uncle Bill and Aunt Julie were getting married. I was the flower girl and my sister Kathy was a bridesmaid. Visions in yellow. I still had my basket of flowers that I carried in the wedding until last April. Anyhoo. My dad was a great man who worked long hours and at that time worked a 13 day week. His idea of a vacation when he had time off was to take us camping. He would pack us into his 1965 Mustang and pack all of the camping equipment in the trunk and all around Kathy and I. He was kind of a trendsetter. We had seatbelts in the backseat. In those days you paid extra for the seatbelts in the back. Yes, children I am old. We would be belted in and off to an adventure. Fun? Yes it was. But my Aunt Julie having been raised in Southern California thought Disneyland was where kids should go. So here it was the week of her wedding and she was taking her new little nieces to Disneyland. It was a WOW thing to me. She is a very cool lady still but she was the COOLEST ever for me then. I realize mow that she took the time out of her busy getting ready for her wedding schedule. We got to this huge parking lot, the biggest I certainly had ever seen. I had no idea what to expect. She just told me that I was going to have more fun than I had ever had. Boy was she right. From the first moment I went into the park and saw the sights and smelled all of those smells I was in love. Disneyland was like no place I had ever been. It was filled with things I had never seen. Here was a place where everyone was happy and smiling. It was okay to walk through there and sing if you wanted to. Goodness there is almost a written invitation to sing with the music playing everywhere. I have always loved to sing and this was a place that was made for me. I can remember a few things that we major to me that day. I HATED Pirates of the Caribbean (favorite ride now), adored Swiss Family Tree House ( I loved the movie), Small World, how I loved this ride. I was already addicted to the music. I had the music of the ride and listened to it all the time. My favorite ride though was "A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" or at least I think that's what it was called. Tomorrowland was my favorite land. To me this was the most exciting place. :lovestruc As you can see I can go on and on about this memory, but I won’t. Happy memory number two is in the can as they say.
A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is actually Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress which if you do go to WDW next year you will be able to ride it there!

It probably was a nice break for her too. She probably enjoys the memories of watching you guys enjoy DL!!

We talked about going to Reno or someplace like that but then Jeff remembered a place a friend of his had gotten married at a few years before and wanted to show it to me. I fell in love from the moment we pulled up!! We got very lucky that we ended up dealing with the owner of the place (all the wedding planners were on their yearly vacation before wedding season started). She worked with us to give us very good deal since we were so close to the date and it was still early in the season.

I really want to try Knott's again but yeah it just hasn't happened yet. We've asked the kids if they want to go somewhere else and they always tell us "No we want DL!!" But then again we do go to Great America fairly often so they get their ride fix between our trips to DL.

Thought I'd let you know I've started a PTR for our hopeful trip to WDW next year!!! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=49693726#post49693726

That's nice that Jeff knew just the place you would want to get married. My oldest daughter was saying something today about how we need to go to Great America. I shall head over to your thread now.:goodvibes

My first corkscrew coaster ride was at Knott's. I was scared to death and rode it solo. I think it had a loop too? Was so long ago I just vaguely remember. At Disneyland, we only stayed a few hours. My dad got sick, I had contact problems, and my brother just wanted to swim in the pool. I rode the Matterhorn all by myself and loved it! But my favorite thing was the train ride and the miniature villiage.

Knott's is known for their roller coasters for sure. Too bad about your Disneyland visit. I love the miniature villages in Fantasyland.

What a great first memory. Your aunt and uncle sound like great people :thumbsup2

Thank you. Yes, they are.

A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is actually Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress which if you do go to WDW next year you will be able to ride it there!

Hello and welcome! That's right I had forgotten the name. The other is the song isn't it? We do need to go to WDW. Who knows when though.

That's nice that Jeff knew just the place you would want to get married. My oldest daughter was saying something today about how we need to go to Great America. I shall head over to your thread now.:goodvibes

It was local also (we got married at Elliston Vineyards in Sunol). I tried for a Disneyland wedding but he didn't go for that one. :rotfl2: At least I get my trips.

We have season passes to Great America so we go quite often. Right now they are doing deals on the weekends where we can bring up to 4 people for $19.99 (that's this weekends deal). Every weekend they've been doing different deals. I think they are just trying to get people into the parks because they are not as busy as they were when we'd go when I was a kid. If you do decide to head that way let me know and maybe I can help you guys get cheaper tickets (and free parking!!)

It was local also (we got married at Elliston Vineyards in Sunol). I tried for a Disneyland wedding but he didn't go for that one. :rotfl2: At least I get my trips.

We have season passes to Great America so we go quite often. Right now they are doing deals on the weekends where we can bring up to 4 people for $19.99 (that's this weekends deal). Every weekend they've been doing different deals. I think they are just trying to get people into the parks because they are not as busy as they were when we'd go when I was a kid. If you do decide to head that way let me know and maybe I can help you guys get cheaper tickets (and free parking!!)

I would have loved to get married at Disneyland. We did honeymoon there.

Oh wow! Thank you. I honestly can't see us heading that way until after we are settled in the house.

I would have loved to get married at Disneyland. We did honeymoon there.

Oh wow! Thank you. I honestly can't see us heading that way until after we are settled in the house.

We didn't even honeymoon there. Part of me wishes we would have but we did a 7 day cruise out of New Orleans instead. We actually spent about 4 days before the cruise in New Orleans with friends who flew in from Alabama. Had a great time with them!!

Well keep it in mind because we'll probably be getting passes again next year and they do these deals all through out the season.

We didn't even honeymoon there. Part of me wishes we would have but we did a 7 day cruise out of New Orleans instead. We actually spent about 4 days before the cruise in New Orleans with friends who flew in from Alabama. Had a great time with them!!

Well keep it in mind because we'll probably be getting passes again next year and they do these deals all through out the season.

Thank you I will!!

Today’s memory is going to take us many years down the road. My mom worked for Bank of America for many years and one year they rented the park for a party. This has been quite a few years, I was a teenager. Because my sister had gotten married my parents let me take a friend with us. I took my best friend at the time. We were 16 years old and this was the first real time I had been allowed to wander off without my parents. The deal was that Nancy and I had to meet up with my parents for meals.

Goodness did I feel like I was all that and an order of fries! We were grown up ladies in my happy place. We had a blast! This was something new for me and for her. Her parents just were not Disney people. This was the first trip when I started to notice the cute guys that worked as CMs and just how many cute guys were in Disneyland. It was a lot of fun. I bought myself a big Winnie the Pooh. We were supposed to meet my parents at a certain time and Nancy was still in the stores looking just the right gift for her mom and dad.

I went and sat out where we supposed to meet my parents. I sat there resting my head on Pooh watching the people go by. This was something I had never taken the time to do. My love of people watching at Disneyland started here. It was great fun seeing all the different types of people. I could not and still cannot get over how many women wear high heel shoes to the parks. I have to ask why on earth do they? Do you? Could you? I couldn’t!

Another great memory. Going off and exploring parks with a friend at that age sounds like it would have been fun

People watching is the best in disney and anywhere for that matter

I am with you. I have no idea why anyone would wear heels to the park :confused3

Very nice memory. I like to people watch too. I could never wear heals in the park either. Though I do know some people who do.

Another great memory! That's always fun when you get o go off and do something like that with a friend. I could never wear high heels in the park!! I barely wear them at home even when I did work in an office and even then it was only if we had some big wig boss coming in!!

Another great memory. Going off and exploring parks with a friend at that age sounds like it would have been fun

People watching is the best in disney and anywhere for that matter

I am with you. I have no idea why anyone would wear heels to the park :confused3

I liked to wander alone too. I love o people watch every where.

Very nice memory. I like to people watch too. I could never wear heals in the park either. Though I do know some people who do.

I do too and I will never understand how they do that. My feet would hurt so bad.

Another great memory! That's always fun when you get o go off and do something like that with a friend. I could never wear high heels in the park!! I barely wear them at home even when I did work in an office and even then it was only if we had some big wig boss coming in!!

It always makes me giggle when I see women in their business attire in San Francisco with their running shoes on.

Hi folks! Time to climb into the Disneyland time machine. Today’s memory in no particular order is about a trip I took as a young adult with my mom. My dad worked for the government and from time to time he would find himself in fun places like Guam. My mom and I realized that with her work schedule and my work schedule were such that we could take off at the drop of a hat and go where wanted.

Any guesses where we wanted to go? Well of course Disneyland! At least most of the time. We would hop into either the truck or the car and go. We would stay in any place that had a room. Goodness knows it was just for sleeping. We were in the parks from open to close. I don’t remember any particular thing about the trips that really stood out I just remember how much fun it was to just go and hang out with my mom.

It was a lot of fun for the two of us. My dad didn’t travel much but when he did we were off and running. When he stopped going on the trips for work our trips stopped. But, we had more family trips.

I've been sick so it has been a few days since I have climbed in the the time machine with a memory. I am afraid it is going to be another day. I also think I am going to go to one memory a week instead.

Your mother daughter trips sounds great :goodvibes

Hope u feel better soon :flower3:

I've been sick so it has been a few days since I have climbed in the the time machine with a memory. I am afraid it is going to be another day. I also think I am going to go to one memory a week instead.

Feel better!! I know that there are things going around the kids school and we're all fighting things to make sure we stay healthy! Especially me!!!

I hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

Thank you. It is a cold. Normally everyone around me gets the colds and I don't. Unfortunately this time I got it first.

Your mother daughter trips sounds great :goodvibes

Hope u feel better soon :flower3:

Mother daughter trip? It's the whole army plus a pair. :goodvibes

Feel better!! I know that there are things going around the kids school and we're all fighting things to make sure we stay healthy! Especially me!!!

Thank you. No you have to stay well! Take those prenatal vitamins and take it easy.

Yesterday was Friday which means that it was visit our house day.

This is the wall under the stairs. This is a big deal to me because the stairs were open before.

Our stairs and a bit of a view of Loren and part of Scotty's arm.

This is our window by the door.

Outside wall with light fixture wires.

Front door, post, light wiring, and doorbell wire.

Front window.

Next week the painting is supposed to start. Those will be some exciting changes. Next time I post I plan on sharing a memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter