Updated 1/22! Photos and a little reporting.

Today’s memory is brought to you by the pure joy of listening to the music from Soarin’ and the air conditioner blowing on me like it does during the snow scenes. Sigh. No, my memory has nothing to do with this ride it is just a favorite of mine. My memory is going to be from a time way before that.
It was the year I turned 21 years old. We went down and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. We took my nephew Ryan with us, he was 3 years old at the time. My mom had promised Ryan that if he got potty trained that he could go to Disneyland. The little guy worked real hard because he really wanted to go.

I was thrilled to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. We never had before but for some lucky reason I had been lucky enough to talk to my parents into staying there. In those days they had just built the addition that now houses Goofy’s Kitchen. There was a marina in the area where the pool is now. You could rent paddle boats to use in the water.

There were also restaurants and bars that lined the lower levels of each tower. Including my favorite that trip which was Sergeant Preston's Yukon Saloon & Dancehall. This was a fun place that had a group of musicians that would sing and it was a party atmosphere. What a great time to be 21 years old.

This was in the days that the hotel area was separate from Disneyland. There was an underwater game arcade. It was totally different than it is now. I remember feeling it was so magical. I also remember feeling more like an adult than I had before because I could go into places like that. Silly now.

Disneyland has changed so much since those days. I think that my memory for another day has to be small incidents from trips that I remember. Be it about one ride or a simple thing that happened. Smile!

Thank you. It is a cold. Normally everyone around me gets the colds and I don't. Unfortunately this time I got it first.

Mother daughter trip? It's the whole army plus a pair. :goodvibes

Thank you. No you have to stay well! Take those prenatal vitamins and take it easy.

Oh okay

I read that as when your dad was on road, just you and your mom went to disney. Didnt realized it included anyone else

The house is coming along so nicely!!!

I can't wait to see the paint going on :goodvibes

Nice memory :thumbsup2

Oh okay

I read that as when your dad was on road, just you and your mom went to disney. Didnt realized it included anyone else

Hahahaha! Well duh. You got it right my bad. I thought you meant Kody's and my conversation about nachos.:rotfl2:

Love the house updates. Sounds like a great trip to have just turned 21. That was a great incentive for your nephew.

The house is coming along so nicely!!!

I can't wait to see the paint going on :goodvibes

Nice memory :thumbsup2

I am so excited about the paint! I can hardly wait!

Love the house updates. Sounds like a great trip to have just turned 21. That was a great incentive for your nephew.

Thank you Michelle! It was a great trip! It was just what the Dr ordered for him. This is the same nephew that he and his wife are coming down to Disneyland while we are there.

Thank you. No you have to stay well! Take those prenatal vitamins and take it easy.

I take them daily. Now I'm dealing with allergies since we've had some pretty windy days the last couple days so everything has been blowing around and messing with my sinuses. I hope your on the mend!!

The house is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see what colors you've picked out and where they are going.

What a fun memory and wow that's a great incentive!! To bad that won't work on James since he knows we'll go if mommy gets daddy to agree.. :lmao:

I take them daily. Now I'm dealing with allergies since we've had some pretty windy days the last couple days so everything has been blowing around and messing with my sinuses. I hope your on the mend!!

The house is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see what colors you've picked out and where they are going.

What a fun memory and wow that's a great incentive!! To bad that won't work on James since he knows we'll go if mommy gets daddy to agree.. :lmao:

Allergies stink! This cold or whatever I have has settled in my sinuses and I keep having headaches. I am not a fan. The wind had died here but it is starting up again. Boo!

Yes, it is! The colors are different than what we had before for sure! I will say that there is green, gray, blue, purple and orange among the colors. How's that for a mix?

True, but in the case of Ryan he knew we didn't go every year and this was a big deal!

In the world of planning I am wondering if I can book a Christmas tour for the first day we are there? If I can I will book my girls so that they definitely get on NBC HMH. This is really important at least for Kacy who loves Haunted Mansion so much her bedroom is based on it.

We will definitely be making some meal plans. At least brunch at Goofy's. This is a must do for us!!

In the world of planning I am wondering if I can book a Christmas tour for the first day we are there? If I can I will book my girls so that they definitely get on NBC HMH. This is really important at least for Kacy who loves Haunted Mansion so much her bedroom is based on it.

We will definitely be making some meal plans. At least brunch at Goofy's. This is a must do for us!!

That's a good idea. You should definitely call and find out :santa:

Allergies stink! This cold or whatever I have has settled in my sinuses and I keep having headaches. I am not a fan. The wind had died here but it is starting up again. Boo!

Yes, it is! The colors are different than what we had before for sure! I will say that there is green, gray, blue, purple and orange among the colors. How's that for a mix?

True, but in the case of Ryan he knew we didn't go every year and this was a big deal!

Ugh! The headaches are the worst. I hope they go away for you soon!

:rotfl2: Sounds like a rainbow.

Yes it is nice when they don't go all the time and you can use it for an incentive.

Hope your able to book a tour for your first day. I've never done the holiday one but really want to in the next few years. Need to double check the age requirement.

Ugh! The headaches are the worst. I hope they go away for you soon!

:rotfl2: Sounds like a rainbow.

Yes it is nice when they don't go all the time and you can use it for an incentive.

Hope your able to book a tour for your first day. I've never done the holiday one but really want to in the next few years. Need to double check the age requirement.

The wind has died down a bit so my head is a little better. Thank you.

It does kind of sound like a rainbow doesn't it?

Because it is the last day of Christmas I am going to have to be on the phone so early for that. That's okay it is worth it. That way I know that the girls will get on Haunted Mansion. Because I know it is going to be really busy more than likely I will be looking at the windows.

The time has come to share two other family members and discuss their vacation plans.

This is Anabel Lee. She is our baby girl.

This is Roy Bean. He is our baby boy.

They are going to spend the days we are at Disneyland they will be staying at their vets office. They have a nice kennel there where they do doggy day care.

I loved the Holiday Tour when I took it 3 years ago. It's nice they offer discounts through several sources -- AAA, Disney VISA, AP. A great way to wrap up up the holiday things before they disappear. And the goodies! :hyper:

When we travel, our Labrador goes to a free-range boarding place and has the time of her life playing with the other dogs. We call it her "doggie vacation" and the kids don't miss her as much because they know she's having fun too. She runs herself silly and then spends the first couple days back home sleeping it off and giving me accusing glares.

PHXscuba

Ahh they are so sweet!! Glad they have a place to go. Hopefully they don't get to mad at you when you return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter