• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update: Anyone use an Instant Pot See Warning Post #78

I got one for Christmas and love it. I've mainly used the pressure cooker mode though. It's great for dried beans. My sister-in-law uses hers everyday. She says she just throws frozen stuff in hers and it cooks perfectly.

My husband had a $75 credit on his account so I got my Instant Pot for free AND shipped to the house TODAY for free!!! Can't wait until I get home this evening!!!

I bought one through my Amazon Echo, and got it for 59.99 with the extra 10.00 off. I'll give my regular pressure cooker to my sister. Looking forward to the yogurt function.

I am just coming across this now.... is this a slow cooker,or a quick cooker? how fast can it cookd dried beans?

Yay!!!! Mine came today!!! A day early!!!! I did the test run and have a roast out to cook tomorrow!!!!

I just bought the pot last week when it was on Prime Day. I finally got it out of the box today to try and figure it out. I just did the "test" where you put water in and set it on steam with a 2 minute timer. It took 20 minutes for the timer to start. Is that normal? It doesn't seem very fast to me. Then you have to wait for the pressure to release. That 2 minute "cook" time took over half an hour and that was using the quick release. Did I do something wrong or is that typical times?

I have a question please. I'm watching tons of videos and everyone adds water or broth when they cook their ribs. To the posters who stated they put them in only with the dry rub, what steams them if you don't add any liquid. Thank you!

We make ours using this recipe which can uses apple juice and apple cider vinegar. We don't use as much apple juice though since that much really isn't needed.

https://greatchow.wordpress.com/201...test-fall-of-the-bone-braised-baby-back-ribs/

We use our Instant Pot almost every night in the winter and a few nights a week in the summer (we grill a lot in the summer) But, it's totally changed the way we eat and the foods we enjoy. Our favorite things are steel oats, ribs, roast, beef & broccoli, beef stroganoff and chicken and dumplings. I also use it to make rice once in awhile as well.

I just bought the pot last week when it was on Prime Day. I finally got it out of the box today to try and figure it out. I just did the "test" where you put water in and set it on steam with a 2 minute timer. It took 20 minutes for the timer to start. Is that normal? It doesn't seem very fast to me. Then you have to wait for the pressure to release. That 2 minute "cook" time took over half an hour and that was using the quick release. Did I do something wrong or is that typical times?
The booklet says it should take 15 minutes to complete the test. Did you try it again to see what happens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter